⌜ four ⌟

❝you're gonna be a mighty king,❞ jaehyun sang, throwing a suit down the bed as he brought his body along and laid down right next to the suit

you're gonna be a mighty king,❞ jaehyun sang, throwing a suit down the bed as he brought his body along and laid down right next to the suit. ❝so enemies beware!

hearing the lion sing that song for the nth time today since he had woken up from his sleep, mark can't help but roll his eyes. because of this, he regretted calling a family friend over, also someone who's very much close to him. he was like a brother to him.

but there are really times that he wonders how on earth can he be associated with someone like him?

ignoring him like he usually does, mark flipped another page of the book he is reading. honestly, he couldn't even focus with jaehyun's loud humming.

oh, you just can't wait—❞ jaehyun pushed himself off the bed and paused in front of the younger, that was sitting on a chair by his desk, and took the book that's taking all of mark's attention. ❝to be king.

the young lion, who's actually at the right legal age, raised a brow before retrieving back the book that jaehyun took from him. ❝i actually can wait to king.❞ he said, opening the book to where he had lost stopped before he was disturbed. ❝this is done involuntarily because father is ill and i have no choice but to do as what he please.

jaehyun then noticed the lion's mood change once he mentioned his father, making him quit playing around. making sure the suit won't get crumpled or have any wrinkles in it, jaehyun sat down on the large ass bed and stared at mark. ❝hey,

the young lion groaned in distress, slamming the book down to his desk. mark then slouched his shoulders after seconds of ruffling his hair and seconds of letting out a whine. jaehyun didn't even make fun of him for that, he just let mark be and release what he has been feeling.

i don't get it!❞ he started, standing up and started walking in circles. ❝i'm too young to be a king. i can't even make myself breakfast, what more if i lead a kingdom? the whole pride land?❞ he said turning to jaehyun who's now settled and just looking at him. ❝you'd be a great lion for the spot.

jaehyun gets that alot, even from mark's father. he and the king would often have talk about it, about jaehyun taking his spot in being the king. of course, jaehyun would be lying if he would say that he wasn't flattered by it. coming from the king's mouth, he was honored by the compliment but he never once accepted the offer whenever he'd be given the choice. the king did everything to convince him but failed every single time.

mark's brows furrowed as he looked at jaehyun. ❝why?❞ no one ever told him about it but he just found out on his own and not to mention how obvious his father was in favoring jaehyun over him. ❝why don't you want to be a king?

it took jaehyun a few silent seconds before he managed to show a smile, ❝your coronation would start a few hours from now, your highness.❞ changing the topic and using honorifics made it clear that jaehyun didn't want to talk about it.