⌜ nine ⌟

waiting patiently for his lunch-

actually no, mark isn't even hungry. he's just waiting patiently to see a specific pudu. after the meeting he had with him the last time, which was yesterday, that pudu didn't even dare to personally serve his meals to him.

closing the book he has been staring at for minutes, mark slammed it down the desk before throwing his body down the bed. ❝he had the guts not to show up after slamming the door on my face.

it has been bothering him since lunch time yesterday when donghyuck didn't show up but asked one of the aunt pudu's to bring the food up. mark even went down the dinning for dinner, hoping to see him but he didn't spot a familiar looking pudu at all.

too into his thoughts, mark didn't even hear the knock on his door.

he had just realized when a meerkat went inside.

again, he had hoped for it to be donghyuck. ❝renjun?

the meerkat gave him a grin while showing the tray with his meal on it. ❝lunch, mark.

at least one knew that he wasn't in the mood to face a friend that would call him with honorifics. ❝did donghyuck run out of pudus to ask to bring my meals here?❞ he scoffed, not remembering assigning renjun for his meals.

even though mark didn't mean it for renjun to hear but the meerkats heard it and can only chuckle at how hopeless he looked. ❝you look like you haven't eaten even though we bring you food everyday.

you're exaggerating.❞ he's upset and may have looked like he didn't get to have sleep last night but it's not because of donghyuck, not because of him at all.

i apologize in his behalf.❞ renjun placed the tray down to a mini table before taking a low bow at mark who stared at him with bored eyes.

the lion didn't really try asking the meerkat about the pudu's whereabouts. renjun may know where he has been since they are friends, but mark didn't want the meerkat to have different thoughts about them.

mark had no choice anyways, he wanted to know where donghyuck is. ❝is he busy?

putting up a polite smile, renjun shook his head as a no before walking towards the door. ❝donghyuck is sick.❞ then continued before excusing himself, ❝but i can reassure you that it was donghyuck who made meals for you.

mark saw renjun exiting himself from the room and carefully closed the door, leaving him alone inside the room once again. the lion took a deep breath before closing his eyes, feeling bad all of a sudden.

turning to his side, mark grabbed the lion plushie he had been keeping since he was young and held it tight in his arms. he hoped to comfort himself from the uneasiness.