⌜ twenty nine ⌟

jaehyun grumbled as he got inside the lobby, glaring at every eagle that's present there

jaehyun grumbled as he got inside the lobby, glaring at every eagle that's present there. he couldn't help but whisper complains of mark's decision of running away. he honestly found it stupid but he couldn't blame the young lion. as what he had just made mention, he's young. part of jaehyun blamed himself for not taking consideration of the lion's age and made him king instead, turning down the offer just to be with taeyong. he isn't regretting it even a slight bit, he loved taeyong to the dessert and back, but he could have at least of how the kingdom will be if a young lion rules it.

now here they are, having their own king running away. god, he hated how the burden was all on him. if mark wasn't just his favorite idiotic lion then he wouldn't have gone this far in covering him.

i have just met the king,❞ his voice echoing the lobby that caused for each eagle to turn to him and show a respectful bow. ❝and he will be away for now because of personal reasons.

just in time for his announcement, mark's mother had went inside the lobby along with two guards following behind her. she had a look of disbelief as she saw jaehyun standing right in front of an army of eagles.

jaehyun glanced at her for a short second before continuing. ❝the king passed down his duties to me and i would like for this search to stop.❞ he said, his tone demanding the eagles. ❝i do not want any of you mentioning the whereabouts of the king, and whoever he is with, anywhere inside the kingdom unless i say so.

the mother then walked over to the lion, pointing a finger at him. ❝you know where he is? tell me now!

that high pitched tone could possibly break a glass into pieces. jaehyun just closed his eyes to control his temper, reminding himself that this is mark's mother and he should not hurt her. ❝the king doesn't want anyone to know where he is so i'll politely ask you to mind your own business.

jaehyun, i demand you to tell me!❞ she was furious. she spent the whole two days loiking for both her son and that pudu whom he is with and now she just knew they ran away?

the said lion didn't bother looking up at her to prevent himself from throwing his already clenched fist. ❝i'm sorry, but i only follow the king's orders and not the former queen's.

she gritted her teeth, not knowing that jaehyun could be this bold. she could have known that jaehyun was smart enough not to be controlled by her.

ignoring the mother's presence, jaehyun faced the eagles once again and scared them off with that bright smile of his. they never usually see him smile which startled them to see how blinding it could be. ❝i would like everyone to go back to there quarters and take a rest, thank you for your hard work.

and with that, jaehyun walked along when the eagles started to say their departures to each one and leave the lobby one by one. along the way, jaehyun had heard some eagles talk about something that caught his attention and may have also made him sigh in the most stressful accent he could muster up.