⌜ forty ⌟

you know, he was sweating buckets. mark didn't know why but just seeing the pudu walk down the aisle very slowly made him all nervous. he may not be dressed well, but donghyuck was still beautiful in his eyes. the smile the pudu had as he strode down the aisle where flower petals are scattered, the sparkle in his eyes as he stared at him as if they were the only ones there, and the way he was approaching him like he knew he'd be safe in his arms.

was it okay to cry? mark bit his lower lip, nibbling with it to be distracted from the tears forming in his eyes. he never expected for this to happen in his life, considering that his world was slowly breaking down to pieces. and yet, here is his happiness, walking towards him with that smile that never failed to make his day.

and now that he was standing right in front of him, he didn't know what to say at all. no words came out from his mouth, neither was he sure if he was still breathing.

he was speechless with the pudu that looked breathtakingly beautiful.

i'm sorry if i look like this.❞ looking away from the lion who's well groomed, donghyuck felt no more than a commoner that just crashed a wedding. ❝all jaemin said was to run fast as i can, i didn't know that we'd come and—

not being able to hold back his tears, mark didn't let the pudu finish his sentence and just pulled him into a tight embrace. donghyuck was taken aback by it but nonetheless, he wrapped his arms around the lion and hugged him back, burying his face on the king's shoulder as he cried together with him.

sunshine, you look perfect.❞ he sobbed with his voice cracking, tightening his embrace with the pudu.

the wedding wasn't being prioritized anymore, all mark cared is how he had the pudu he loves in his arms. all that mattered to mark at that moment was how they were drowning in each other's love by being in each other's hold. he didn't care at those who were looking at them, and he hoped donghyuck also wasn't bothered by how they were judging them.

they were finally together and that's what's important.

but of course, not all was happy at the sight of them reuniting. mark's mother, standing there as she fumed, breathed heavily while glaring at the two by the altar. this wasn't what she wanted to happen. she gathered everyone for them to see a wonder event of her son getting married to a queen that she trusts on. but it seems like that lioness that she trusted so much was the first one to betray her.

snapping her head around, she had her finger pointed at the lioness whose eyes are only at the two being in the spotlight. ❝you!

getting her attention, eun ji widened her eyes and had it diverted to the king's mother who's approaching her with furious eyes. she then took a step back away from her while the mother kept on walking to her. she didn't know what to do, not having any way out of this since she was obviously helping them.