⌜ seventeen ⌟

❝mark,❞ donghyuck went behind the lion as he followed him in the dark

mark,❞ donghyuck went behind the lion as he followed him in the dark. ❝i don't know where we are going but this is scaring me.

laughing at him, mark had pulled him closer without the pudu noticing. donghyuck was too busy scanning the dark area to even care about mark's arm wrapped around his waist and pulling him closer. ❝don't worry, we are almost there.

you're not making fun of me, are you?❞ donghyuck frowned.

sure, the lion probably hated his guts as he hated him too but mark wouldn't actually go this far to get back at him, right? the lion stayed silent as he continued to drag the scared pudu with him towards a specific door that had come to their sights. donghyuck widened his eyes at the unfamiliar surroundings, not expecting to reach this part of the palace. heck, he didn't even know this existed inside the palace.

turning the door knob open, donghyuck had his body glue to mark as they stepped inside in a what looked like an abandoned library.

this is where you wanted to bring me?❞ what got donghyuck's attention first were the books. he didn't even expect for mark to love books.

rolling his eyes, mark let out a sigh when he moved away from the pudu who called him out as he didn't want to be left behind. mark walked over to a bookshelf from a far corner and had his index finger find a specific book. donghyuck furrowed his brows in confusion, wondering if mark was going to read him a book. the pudu's body was then frozen when mark tilted a book forward and the bookshelves was shaking, slowly moving to the side.

the pudu let out a soft gasp as a beautiful garden appeared right before his glistening eyes.

he took a step forward, going inside the garden that was inside a dome, leaving mark then who smiled at how surprised he looked. he found it honestly cute, especially at how donghyuck had his mouth half opened in awe.

it's beautiful.❞ donghyuck turned around and gave mark an adoring smile, ❝mark, it's beautiful.

staring straight at the pudu, mark can't help but also smile at how donghyuck appreciated the garden that he and his grandfather had made and had been taking care of. ❝it really is.

but it wasn't the garden mark was referring as something beautiful. he was already aware of it from the start, about the garden being beautiful. if you ask him, it was even beyond that. this garden, his den, is the only place he feels at home. it's the only place that could calm him down.

but having donghyuck stand there, admiring each flower he'd see, it was more than perfect.

who knew this simple pudu could make him feel this way. mark was loving his feelings way too much to even realize nor notice that he is slowly breaking the laws of nature.