⌜ eighteen ⌟

for the first time in his days of working as the king's personal cook, he was actually excited to make breakfast for him

for the first time in his days of working as the king's personal cook, he was actually excited to make breakfast for him. it can be seen in his steps, hopping from time to time, as he got out from his quarter and made his way towards the kitchen. every animal he'd pass by could see how happy and excited donghyuck looked. they didn't question it but they were having their moods lifted up once they saw the pudu's bright smile early in the morning.

but then, donghyuck came to a halt upon seeing every pudu that's supposed to be inside the kitchen staying outside with their heads lowered down.

it got him worried.

what's happening?❞ he asked, hoping that it's not what he thinks it is.

one of the pudus raised her head up and gave donghyuck those teary eyes. ❝the king kicked us out of the kitchen.

with furrowed brows, donghyuck couldn't believe what he had just heard. ❝he, what!?❞ his eyes then scanned each pudu, looking for someone. ❝where's mom?

he was afraid that something might have happened to her. another then answered, ❝she's inside.

donghyuck widened his eyes as a lot of possibilities came rushing to his head. he didn't know what has gotten to mark and why he would kick the pudus out of the kitchen. the king was just doing fine yesterday, they were even laughing and catching up. it made donghyuck wonder what had happened that made mark act like this first thing in the morning.

the pudu quickly ran towards the door and didn't even bother to knock, pushing it open and saw an unbelievable sight.

it was his mother helping the king cook.

the oil is attacking me!

relax, your highness, it'll die down soon.

mark, the king, an almighty lion, hiding behind his mother's back as he had his glare focused on the oil in the pan. the donghyuck's mother let out a sigh as she could see the king ready to pounce if the oil hurts him one more time. she usually wakes up earlier than any other pudus and the first thing she would do was go to the kitchen. but this morning surprised her, the king was inside the kitchen without having a guards with him. he was trying to cook. she wanted to mind her business not he felt pity for the lion who's having a hard time making fried eggs.

mom? simba?

the two flinched from their places when they heard a familiar voice inside the kitchen, knowing very well that mark wanted to focus in cooking that he had kicked every single pudu out for the morning.

it was the mother who had spoke first, clearing her throat. ❝baby pudu, you're up early.

mark nodded his head, panicking that donghyuck was there. he was supposedly going to surprise him by making breakfast for the two of them. ❝y-yeah you are! do y-you wake u-up this early?❞ he stuttered, knowing that his plan backfired.