⌜ thirty six ⌟

"mom?"

donghyuck's eyes immediately shot wide open and had his body seated up while panting, catching his breath and wiping his sweat from what he had just saw. he could feel his heart beating so fact and he couldn't seem to calm his breathing down as it only got heavier as seconds passed by.

a dream.❞ he had his eyes scanned at the place and he was relieved that they were still by the river, might have slept over night.

the pudu then quickly turned his head around and let out a sigh of relief when he saw the lion sleeping right next to him, fully clothed, and having his arms wrapped on his waist securely. donghyuck took the lion's hand and held it tight, it was as if he never planned on letting go. that then made donghyuck compose himself down and felt his heartbeat finally at its normal pace.

it was just a dream.❞ he took deep breaths as he closed his eyes, reassuring himself that it didn't happen.

the sight of being greeted with jaemin's parents being kneeled down there with cloths on their mouths to prevent them from talking, eagles inside the house and as if they were ready to capture the both of them, and mark's mother appearing and was ready to ruin their lives.

it was just a dream, donghyuck nodded his head as he kept on telling himself that.

there's no way she'd find them there, right? no one knows except for jaemin and donghyuck trusted him, that bunny won't betray them and tell mark's mother about their whereabouts.

the lion beside the worried pudu was then woken up from his deep sleep when he felt his hand being held tight. ❝sunshine?❞ his hoarse voice startling the pudu sitting down beside him.

m-mark..❞ the pudu had his lips quivered as he looked at the lion, tears threatening to fall as he remembered what happened inside his dream.

what's wrong?❞ it alerted the lion to sit up and cup donghyuck's face with his hands, ❝hush now, don't cry.❞ he didn't know what was happening and why donghyuck suddenly cried but he quickly had the pudu wrapped around his arms and had placed a hand behind his head to let him cry on his shoulder. ❝mind telling me about it?

while sniffling, donghyuck wrapped his arms around the lion hesitantly and snuggled close to him, finding security in mark's arms. ❝i'm scared.❞ he said with his voice muffled out as he had his face pressed on the lion's neck.

mark continued to pat and softly rub circles on donghyuck's back as he hushed him down, comforting him. ❝don't be, okay? it's just us here.❞ he told him, resting his chin down on the pudu's shoulder. ❝i'm here to protect you.