Chapter 6: Touchy?

Layla's POV:

"Jamie, are you okay?" I asked him, when Drake told him my name he like zoned out. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he looked down at me.

"I'm sorry what? Did you say something?" He asked

"I asked if you were alright, Jamie. We lost you for a second, are you okay?" I asked him, he smiled at me and nodded his head.

"I'm okay, Angel. I'm just thinking of some things." He said and kissed my forehead.

"C'mon sat up, Angel." He said and held up my fork with some spaghetti on it. I giggled and ate it.

"That's so good! I didn't know that their food here was so good! Drake says it's disgusting." I exclaimed

"I guess they changed the lunch lady, she looks way better than the last one." Warren laughed

"Warren! That's rude!" I said and slapped the back of his head.

"Ow! That hurts!" He exclaimed and rubbed the back of his head. I immediately felt bad about hitting him.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't hit you too hard did I?" I got up from my seat and walked over to him and sat beside me inspecting his head.

"I'm sorry, Warren. I didn't mean it. Do you want me to kiss it? Mommy says that it helps. Are you okay?" I asked him and he just smiled at me.

"Well maybe a kiss on the cheek would help." He said, I giggled and kissed his cheek anyway. He froze and I walked over to my seat beside Jamie and he was just looking at Warren.

"Was that really necessary?" He asked me

"It was the least I could do, Jamie." I smiled and leaned closer to him. He just sighed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"I just don't like you kissing other guys on the cheek or anywhere else, Angel." He whispered in my ear, and I just giggled.

"Why not, Jamie? Mommy says that hugs and kisses always help you feel better." I said recalling what my mom always says to me.

"Well then my cheeks hurt." He whined and I giggled once again.

"Oh Jamie, you're so silly." I said but I did it anyway. He smiled at me and pulled me on his lap. I let out a little squeal and a little laugh.

"From now on, I want you to sit on my lap. I feel more comfortable this way." He said and wrapped his arms around my stomach. His head was leaning on my right side and I was just smiling at his gestures.

I really liked this, I feel comfortable and safe with Jamie. I feel like I can be myself and I don't have the feel to be someone I'm not. Although he looks really familiar, like someone I've met before. Maybe I just saw him walking by or something, best not to think about it too much.

"Gosh, you guys are so touchy." Gabe chuckled and I titled my head to the side. Touchy?

"Jamie, what's touchy?" I asked him

"Don't listen to him, Angel." He smiled, I nodded my head and continued to eat my food.

"I'm not so sure I approve of this sitting arrangement." I heard Drake say, I looked over to him and smiled.

"Drake, it's alright. I actually like this." I said, he looked at me and then at Jamie, and then back at me. He sighed but nodded his head.

"Thank you, Drake." I said

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jameson's POV:

School was nearly over and I still couldn't get the thought of Aubrey out of my head. I mean yeah Aubrey and Layla look alike but how should I know? It's been like almost 5 years since I've seen Aubrey.

Aubrey never did tell me her full name, all she said was that her name was Aubrey Emerson. I thought that it could just be a coincidence that they had the same last name and first name, but then I looked at Layla once again and again and again. She had the same features, but I can't be so sure.

You may be wondering who Aubrey is, well she was my best friend growing up. That was when I lived in Minnesota. We were about 10 or 11 at that time and we met at a park. Once we met each other, we agreed to meet there every single day. That went on for about a year or two, but all of a sudden she stopped coming. I came back hoping that she would come and that she was just busy at that time, but days passed, and then months. I finally gave up, and my family and I moved here.

I had a huge crush on her, I was planning on telling her, but then I couldn't because she was gone. I knew that we were only little kids, but I felt like she was the one. Cheesy, I know.

She always had her hair up in a ponytail and she would always wear colorful clothes and she had such a beautiful smiled and her cute little button nose.

I wanted to look for her, but then we had to move here because my Mom had a job offer. An incident occurred a few months after we got here and that's when everything came crashing down. I'm not going into detail but let's just say that it was a really hard phase for me.

I shook all the thoughts away from my head and looked at my Angel beside me. She was writing down notes on her notebook and her nose was all scrunched up. She's just so fucking adorable.

The bell rang, and I grabbed my stuff and waited for Layla to gather her stuff. Once she finished, I grabbed her hand and we both walked out of the room. We went to her locker and Drake and everyone else was there.

"You guys wanna come over today? Layla and I don't have much to do and there's not much homework anyway." Drake asked

"I'm down, I have nothing better to do anyway." I said, the other guys agreed and we all made our way to the parking lot.

"Just follow my car, our house isn't that far anyways." Drake said, I nodded my head and looked down at Layla.

"I'll see you later, Angel." I said and kissed her forehead, she smiled and nodded her head.

"See you later, Jamie." She said and wrapped her arms around my torso. She was so tiny, she only reached up to my chest. She was my little Angel, fucking adorable.

She unwrapped her arms and skipped over to Drake. I just can't help but hope that she's Aubrey. But if she was Aubrey, what happened to her?

***********************

There we go! Chapter 6, I'm sorry I forgot to publish yesterday. I'm supposed to be publishing everyday, but oops. It slipped my mind, so yeah sorry about that. I hope you guys liked this chapter though. 

Word count: 1185