Chapter 44: Flashbacks

Layla's POV:

I've been home for 15 minutes and Jamie refuses to leave my side. It's like he's stuck to my side or something, but I don't really mind it too much.

"Jamie, I have to go to the bathroom." I said, we were all in the living room watching a movie and Jamie had his head on my lap and was hugging a throw pillow. He looked up at me and frowned.

"Do you have to?" He asked, I laughed and nodded my head.

"Of course I do, it's how the body works, Jamie." I said, he rolled his eyes and sat up.

"Fine, Miss Smarty Pants." He said, I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I'll be quick, baby." I said, his lips curled into a smile and he nodded his head and pecked my lips.

"Oh please, give me a break, I've seen enough from your parents." Drake said, I looked over at Mom and Dad and saw them cuddled up and being all lovey.

"Poor Drake, no lover." Jamie teased, I slapped his shoulder and he looked at me.

"What did you do that for?" He asked rubbing his shoulder.

"Stop teasing, Drake." I scolded, he looked at Drake and narrowed his eyes and I slapped him again.

"Jamie!" I exclaimed

"Okay, fine. I'll stop, you can go to the bathroom now." He said shooing me away with his hands, I laughed and went to go to my business. I washed my hands and exited the bathroom and on my way to the living room I felt a pain in my head and I winced. I shook the feeling and continued my way to the living room. I walked in and Jamie turned his head in my direction and smiled. I walked over to him and sat down beside him burying my face in his side trying to make the pain go away.

"Are you okay, Angel?" He asked playing with my hair, I looked up at him and shook my head. He sat up and placed his hands on my waist and lifted me on his lap so that I was straddling him. I buried my head in his neck and he rubbed my back gently.

"What's wrong, Angel?" He whispered in my ear, probably trying not to alarm anyone.

"My head hurts." I mumbled as he continued rubbing my back.

"The doctor did say you were gonna have headaches a lot for like a week or so, I'm sorry, Angel." He said, I just nodded my head and closed my eyes.

"Not your fault, Jamie." I mumbled as I felt myself getting sleepier each passing second.

"Try to get some sleep, Angel." He said and kissed my jaw, I smiled a little and nodded.

"Okay, Jamie. I love you." I whispered and left a kiss on his neck making him shiver a bit.

"I love you too, my Angel." He said and eventually, I fell asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Jamie, cmon, I wanna go to the swings!" The little girl whined as she dragged her friend to the swingset. The little boy just laughed and let his friend drag him even if he didn't want to play on the swingset.

"Aubrey, must you drag me every time we're here?" Jamie asked the little girl, she turned to him and huffed.

"Yes, I do, Jamie. You're always so slow, some kids might beat us to the swings!" She exclaimed

"But we always go on the swings, can't we go on the slide?" Jamie asked, the little girl pouted and then sighed.

"Fine, I guess you're right."  She said, Jamie lit up and ot was his turn to drag his friend.

"Jamie, slow down!" Aubrey giggled

"Sorry, Aubrey"  Jamie said as they both made their way to the slide.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Layla, where are you going?" The little boy asked his cousin as he saw her opening the front door.

"I'm going to meet my friend at the park, Drakey." She said with a big smile.

"Is that the friend you were talking about?" Drake asked her, she smiled wider and nodded her head.

"Yeah!" She exclaimed

"Don't worry, I'll be fine, Drakey. I asked Mommy and Daddy if I could go and they said yes." She said, Drake nodded his head and let her go. She walked out the door and she played with the necklace with the ring that her friend gave to her. It didn't fit her finger yet, so she made it into a necklace so she could still wear it.

When she was nearing the park, she could see the bench where they would usually meet at, but then she saw a ball roll onto the road and she saw a kid younger than her trying to get it. She smiled at the kid and said that she'll get it, but what she didn't know was that there was a truck zooming towards her and before she could look up, it was too late.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I jolted awake and I felt sweat drip down my face. I looked over beside me and saw that Jamie was still fast asleep, he must've carried me up here. I calmed my breathing and drank some water that was left on my desk. I then glanced at my finger and looked at my ring, it looked identical to the one in my dream.

I don't usually gets dreams but this was weird. It felt real, like really real. I took off my ring and opened my lamp and looked over at Jamie seeing if I woke him up and thankfully, I didn't. I examined the ring and I thought back at my dream, the little boy called the girl Aubrey. I always wondered why this ring has my second name engraved into it, but I didn't pay too much attention to it. I loved this ring dearly, it was like someone really special gave it to me, my parents said a friend gave it, but they never told me who.

I heard mumbling beside me and I saw Jamie stir and then he opened his eyes.

"Angel, what are you doing up?" He asked squinting his eyes due to the brightness of the lamp.

"Sorry, I just had a dream." I said, he sat up and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"What was it about, Angel?" He asked laying his chin on my shoulder.

"I honestly don't know, I don't understand why I had a dream like that, I rarely even get dreams." I said, he looked confused and I sighed. I grabbed his other hand and started playing with his fingers.

"C'mon, you can tell me, Angel." He said, I smiled a little and looked at him.

"It was about two little kids named Jamie and Aubrey, it's odd because I call you Jamie and my second name is Aubrey, but that could be a total coincidence." I said and his eyes widened.

***************************

Sorry for the late update...yet again...but I promise, I'm working on it. I'm planning on ending the book soon though, because well...all books come to an end, but don't worry because I have a lot of book in store for you guys...like...a lot. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I promise....I will update soon! I love you all!!

Word count: 1222