Chapter 45: Shopping (Part 1)

Layla's POV:

"What's wrong?" I asked Jamie as he looked like he just saw a ghost.

"Oh, uh, it's nothing. We can talk about this tomorrow, how about we go back to sleep?" He suggested, I smiled and nodded my head. He reached out and closed the lamp and I went back to cuddling with him. He kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes.

*The next day*

I woke up hearing my name being called. I opened my eyes and saw that Jamie was looking at me, he gave me a gentle smile and I just smiled in return.

"Good morning Angel." He said, I reached up and placed my hand on his cheek.

"Good morning Jamie." I said and rubbed his cheek with my thumb, his smile widened and he leaned into my touch.

"Are you hungry? It's pretty close to noon." He asked and I just shook my head.

"Not really, I just woke up after all." I said and he nodded his head.

"When do I go back to school?" I asked, as much as I don't like the learning, I actually enjoyed school. It was way better than homeschool that's for sure, homeschool was pretty boring and lonely.

"Not until next week Angel." He said, I took my hand away from his cheek and laid back down.

"Angel, you need to wake up." He said and grabbed my arms pulling me up so that I could sit.

"But I'm still so tired." I whined and closed my eyes wanting to go back to bed.

I was pretty much restless last night, I couldn't stop thinking about the dream that I had. It felt so familiar and I don't really understand it. Why would I have a dream about two kids?

"Then take a shower Angel, I'm taking you out today." He said and this got my full attention.

"Out? Where?" I asked, he chuckled and stood up.

"We're going to the mall, now go shower and get changed. I'm going to spoil you today." He told me with  kiss on the head, I nodded my head and stood up as well. He walked out of my room and I went to my bathroom and did my business.

I can't wait to the mall, I feel like I haven't been there in forever with everything that's beem going on. I'm glad Jamie decided to take me out.

Jameson's POV:

I walked out of Layla's room and sighed. I thought about telling Drake that Layla had a dream of her past, but I don't really know if I should. I mean it probably means nothing right? I shook my head, no, I should tell him. I should probably tell Scott and Alisha too, because they're her parents, they obviously have the right to know. I decided to take Layla out today because I know she's been wanting to go out for a while now. She's been  cooped up in that hospital room for days and she's going to be stuck at home until next week, might as well take her out.

I walked down the stairs and went to the kitchen and saw Layla's parents and Drake sitting down. They noticed my presence and looked at me.

"Hey Ames, where's Layla?" Alisha asked, I walked over ti them and and sat beside Drake.

"She's getting ready." I said

"Getting ready for what?" He asked

"I'm taking her out to the mall, if that's alright with you guys?" I said to Scott and Alisha, Alisha smiled and nodded her head.

"Yeah, that's perfectly fine, but you protect my daughter." She said, I smiled and nodded my head.

"Of course, I won't let her out of my sight." I promised and she smiled wider, I looked at Scott looking for his approval.