Chapter 39: Confrontation Time (2)

Layla's POV:

When Brooklyn and I got back to my house, we didn't even bother changing yet because we went straight to the kitchen.

"I can't believe that they're part of a freaking fight club." I said in disbelief, I sat down on the counter and got an apple from the fruit basket and bit into it.

"I know right, I should've known." She said rolling her eyes, I sighed and continued to eat my apple as we continued to talk about other stuff trying to forget about our encounter with the guys. 

We heard the front door open and I knew that Drake was home, but what I didn't expect was Jamie to be with him. Drake walked into the kitchen with Jamie following behind looking like a lost little puppy, a cute little lost puppy- Layla, stop! He hurt you, don't say that.

I remembered what happened at the hall and sadness took over me again. Brooklyn nudged me and I tore my eyes away from Jamie and looked at her.

"Are you okay?" She whispered, I sighed and nodded my head. By now, I have finished my apple and threw it in the trash.

"We're going up in my room, see you guys around." I said hopping off the counter and went to go upstairs with Brooklyn until I felt a hand wrap around my wrist. I turned around and saw Jamie.

"Angel, can we please talk?" He asked, well more like pleaded. He looked desperate and I didn't know what to do. I looked over at Drake and he gave me an encouraging smile. I sighed and turned to Brooklyn.

"You go ahead upstairs and get comfy." I said to her, she looked between Jamie and I before nodding her head and walking up the stairs. I turned back to Jamie and took a deep breath. I can do this, it's just Jamie. 

"Let's go to the backyard." I said, he nodded his head and I turned around and went to go to the backyard.

"Aren't you gonna go change?" He asked me, I looked down at my outfit and it was pretty cold out here but that doesn't really matter, this'll be quick, I hope.

"No, I'm good." I said, he sighed and nodded his head.

"What do you need?" I asked him already feeling eager to go inside and cry my eyes out with Brooklyn.

"I need to explain everything to you." He said, I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself.

"Well then talk." I said, this is a whole new side of me, I don't know what has happened to me. Jamie's making me discover new things about me that I never knew I could feel. Right now, I feel absolutely hurt.

"I am so sorry, Angel. You didn't see what fully happened, she kissed me, I didn't even kiss her back. Yes she told me what you heard but I didn't listen to her, in fact I even told her off. I told her that if she ever dare try to come in between us, I would break my oath to myself to never hit a girl. Angel, I would never do that to you. I love you too much to hurt you like that. Please, Angel. Don't be mad at me, I love you so much." He explained, I looked at him and thought about the whole thing.

Isabella is a meanie, and I know that she likes Jamie. But, why would she take someone who already has a girlfriend? That's just messed up, I looked at Jamie and yet again he has a desperate look on his face.

"Please believe me." He pleaded, I sighed and gave him a smile.

"Of course I believe you, Jamie." I said and wrapped my arms around him sighing in relief. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up and wrapped my legs around his waist making me cling to him like a koala.

"I love you so much, Angel. I'm sorry." He said nuzzling his head in my neck making me giggle.

"Jamie, that tickles." I said in between giggles, he laughed and pulled his face away from my neck and looked me in the eye.