Chapter 18: Girlfriend?

Layla's POV: (A/N: Picture of Holland Roden as Brooklyn Hughes, enjoy!) 

It was now lunch time and Jamie said that he needed to go to the restroom. While I was waiting for him, I was leaning on the wall with Jamie's phone playing games. Mommy and Daddy never allowed me to download games on my phone because they said that it was a distraction. I heard footsteps come near me and I looked up from Jamie's phone to see a girl. 

(A/N: Picture of Megan Fox as Isabella Briggs) 

"Umm can I help you?" I asked, she glared at me and looked me up and down.

"So you're Ames' slut, huh?" She asked, I don't know what a 'slut' is, but I don't think it's good. 

"No, I'm not." I said, she scoffed and then chuckled lightly.

"Honey, if I were you I'd stay away from him. He's mine." She said and took a step closer to me. I think I heard my heart crumble, I didn't know that Jamie had a girlfriend.

"I-I didn't know h-he had a girlfriend." I said, she rolled her eyes and pointed her finger at me.

"Stay away from Ames, he's mine and only mine." She said, I was about to respond when another voice interrupted me.

"Oh leave her alone, Isabella. You don't own anyone." A girl's voice said as she came into view, Isabella turned to look at her.

"Ugh, it's you." She scoffed, the girl came closer and just looked at Isabella.

"Just leave the poor girl alone, Isabella. She doesn't know about you and Ames' fling." She said, fling? Isabella then rolled her eyes and flipped her hair.

"Whatever, don't think you're gonna ride with me later. You can walk home." She said and walked away. The girl then turned to me and gave me a smile.

"Hi, I'm sorry about her. She can be pretty bitchy. I'm Brooklyn, and that was my step sister, Isabella." She introduced, I gave her a smile and stuck out my hand.

"I'm Layla" I said, she chuckled lightly and shook my hand.

"Oh I know who you are, practically everyone in school knows who you are." She said, I titled my head to the side and was ready to ask her but then I was unable to.

"Hey Angel, are you alright? I heard voices." I heard Jamie's voice say, I looked at him and felt my heart break al over again. I think it's safe to say now that I like Jamie, because I know now that I don't have a chance because he has a girlfriend.

"Oh hey Brooklyn, what are you doing here?" He asked Brooklyn, of course he'd know who she is, she's the sister of his girlfriend, duh. Sometimes you can be so stupid, Layla.

"Isabella was messing with her." She said, Jamie's face immediately turned into a scowl again.

"I told her to leave me alone, does your sister ever take a hint?" He asked clearly annoyed while I just stayed silent. Why is he acting like that? Doesn't he love her? 

"Yeah she's too caught up on you." Brooklyn replied while looking at nails. Brooklyn was a very pretty girl, she was pretty tall too, but not too tall. She had a pretty slim figure, and like I said very pretty. I saw Jamie turn to me and his scowl was replaced by a worried expression.

"Are you okay, Angel? What did she say to you? Did she hurt you?" He asked cupping my cheeks with his hands making me look at him in the eye.

"I guess people are right, you've turned into a softie." Brooklyn chuckled, Jamie glanced at her but turned his attention back on me. His eyes bore into my soul which made my heart break all over again. The reminder that he has a girlfriend makes me want to go back to my Mom and cry my eyes out. All this time he had a girlfriend and he was being all sweet to me and stuff. 

"Angel, are you okay? You seem so out of it. What did she tell you?" He asked, I tried to break eye contact with him but I couldn't. Those chocolate brown eyes make me want to eat the chocolate that he gave me earlier. 

"I'm okay" I mumbled, he looked at me with uneasiness in his eyes and he turned to Brooklyn.

"Thank you for standing up for her when I wasn't here. We're gonna go to the cafeteria now." Jamie said to her, I saw her nod her head and give me a smile.

"See you around, boo. Take care of yourself." She said giving me a last smile and turned to walk away.

"Angel, you don't seem okay. What happened?" He asked, I looked down finding my shoes really interesting. I felt him gently grab my chin and lift my head up.

"Angel, please talk to me. What did she tell you?" He asked once again, I took a deep breath and looked him in the eye.

"Why didn't you tell me you have a girlfriend, Jamie?" 

Jameson's POV: 

"Why didn't you tell me you have a girlfriend, Jamie?" My little Angel asked me, I looked at her and held in my laughter. 

"Angel, where in the world did you get that idea?" I asked her, she looked down once again and fiddled with her skirt. 

"Isabella told me to stay away from you because you were her's. Why, Jamie? You were being all sweet to me, I started to like you, no. Actually, I do like you, but then I find out that you have a girlfriend. Jamie, why? Just why?" She said clearly exasperated, my lips curled into a smile. Did I hear that right? My little Angel likes me.

"What was that, Angel?" I asked her, she looked at me and she looked confused.

"What?" She asked cocking her head. Then, her eyes widened as she realised what she said. She slapped her hand to her mouth and I just looked at her in amusement. She's so cute. 

"Did I hear that correctly, Angel?" I asked her, she fiddled with her fingers and giggled nervously.

"Don't try to change the subject, Jamie! You have a girlfriend!" She exclaimed, I took a step forward and we were only about 5 inches apart. I cupped her cheek and caressed it with my thumb.

"I don't have a girlfriend, Angel. Well at least not yet." I said and looked into her brown eyes.

"But Isabella said-" I cut her off with a chuckle.

"Angel, Isabella was a one time thing. She thinks that we're a couple, but we never were. I don't even like her." I said

"Well then can you please ignore what I said earlier? Can we just forget about that?" She asked, I leaned in closer and she took a sharp intake of breath.

"Jamie, what are you doing?" She asked

"What would do if I say I like you too?" I asked her, her brown eyes widened and she just stared at me.

"W-what?" She stuttered out, I leaned even closer and her eyes bore into mine.

"I like you too, Angel. More than I have ever liked someone." I said looking into her eyes one last time before capturing her lips with mine. 

************************

Hihihhihiihi, cute chapter? I wish we all had a Jamie! Every girl deserves someone like Jamie, ugh. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I'm literally on a roll! I've updated like 3 times today! 

Word count: 1284