Chapter 29: Mother- Son talk

Jameson's POV: *Before the whole confession* 

I woke up to my phone ringing nonstop and I groaned and opened my eyes. I looked over at Layla to see her shifting a bit. I cursed and grabbed me phone to see Justin calling.

"What?" I snapped

"Did you forget that Lucas wanted to meet up?" He snickered, I grumbled and unwrapped myself from Layla careful not to wake her up. I sat up and looked over at the clock and saw that it was 7 in the morning.

"What time did he want to meet up? It's too damn early." I said

"He said he wanted to meet up at 8." He said

"Okay fine, I'll meet you guys there." I said

"Where are you anyway? We passed by your house and your mom said you weren't home." He asked 

"I'm at Layla's place, she's sick because I forgot to pick her up yesterday. She was left in the rain and was freezing cold when I found her, now she's got coughs and colds." I explained

"Well that's just stupid." He chuckled and I just rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, I'll see you later." I said and hung up, I looked over at Layla and saw that she was peacefully sleeping. I can't wake her up now, she needs her rest and she looks so peaceful. I carefully got up and got my jacket on. I went to the bathroom to make myself look more presentable and then did my business. I walked out the bathroom and then grabbed my phone, I went to kiss Layla on her forehead and whispered a small goodbye. 

I walked out the room and walked down the stairs and out the front door. I took out my keys and walked over to my car and got in. I started the engine and drove away. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"I just don't get why the hell he won't just let you go, I mean just because you're the best fighter he has doesn't mean that he owns you or anything." Gabe exclaimed, I sighed and rolled my eyes running my hand through my hair. 

"He's just desperate because he knows that he can't win any deals if Ames isn't fighting for him." Justin replied 

"Yeah, that's true." Andrew agreed, we pulled up in my driveway and I just told them to stay in the car while I go get some of my stuff. I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell because I was stupid enough to leave it on Layla's desk. A few minutes later, the door opened and I saw my mom with her robe on and coffee mug in hand.

"Morning Mom." I said giving her a hug, she wrapped her arms around me and then pulled away.

"Good morning sweetie, are you here to get some stuff?" She asked, I smiled and nodded my head.

"Yeah, have you eaten already?" I asked her as I kissed her forehead.

"Yep, just finished. I was about to head upstairs to get ready for work." She said

"Alright, Mom. I'm gonna head up." I said, she nodded her head and took a sip from her mug. I walked pass her and headed up the stairs and to my room. I got a duffel bag and stuffed some of my clothes and other things that I needed in. 

After packing my stuff and making sure I got everything I needed, I headed back down and saw that Mom was washing the dishes.

"Hey Mom, I got everything I needed. I'm gonna head out now, alright?" I told her, she turned around and stopped me.

"Can I talk to for a moment, sweetie?" She asked, I nodded my head and placed my duffel bag on the ground.

"What is it, Mom? Is there something wrong?" I asked her, she have me a smile and wiped her hands on a rag. 

"Nothing's wrong, sweetie. I just wanna talk to you about Layla." She said, a smile instantly grew on my lips at the mention of my girlfriend.

"What about her, Mom?" I asked her

"You love her, don't you?" She smirked, I almost choked on my own saliva and I just stared at her.

"Oh don't look at me like that, Jameson. You know I'm right." She said with a knowing look, I sighed and placed my chin on my palm.

"I'm still scared to love, Mom. What if I lose her? What if she leaves me again? What if she runs away when she learns that I'm a fighter? Mom, I can't lose her again. I already lost her once and I don't want it to happen again. She's a very innocent girl, Mom. I don't know how she'll react once she finds out that I fight people, she might leave me again." I said

"And what if she gets hurt like Elena? What if she leaves like her and never come back?" I asked in the verge of tears at the thought of losing my little Angel.

"Honey, you won't lose her. I can see the way your eyes light up whenever I mention Layla, I know that you're happy with her. Don't ever let her go, Jameson and what happened to Elena wasn't your fault and you know that." She said cupping my cheek, I sighed and wrapped my arms around her, she soothed my hair and rubbed my back. 

This was definitely needed, a hug from my mother.

"It's not your fault, Jameson. She wouldn't want you to blame yourself. It's not your fault." She said in a soft voice.

"But if it weren't for me, she would still be here." I said, she pulled away and looked me in the eye.

"Sweetie, it's not your fault she decided to go after you. She loved and cared for that's why she did, don't blame yourself. It was her decision to do so, no one blames you for what happened but yourself." She said

"But Mom-"

"No buts, Jameson Blake Hunt! Your sister would not want you to be blaming yourself. She was trying to protect you that's why she pushed you out of the way. Think about it, if Elena hadn't pushed you out of the way, you wouldn't have met the love of you life." She said, I smiled and nodded my head. I stood up and wrapped my arms around her and rested my chin on her head, my mom was pretty short.

"I love you so much, Mom. I'm sorry for taking Elena away from you." I said, she sighed and wrapped her arms around my torso.

"I love you too, it's not your fault, Jameson. She's your older sister, it's her job to keep you safe and she did. Now please stop blaming yourself because it is not your fault." She said, I nodded my head and kissed her head.

"Now go on ahead, your girl's waiting for you." She said pulling away, I smiled and nodded my head.

"Okay, Mom. I'll be back in a few days, I'll call you, please take care of yourself." I said, she nodded her head and kissed my cheek.

"Yes, now go." She said, I grabbed my duffel bag and gave her one last hug.

"Thanks for the talk, Mom. I'm gonna tell Layla that I love her." I said, she gave me a tight squeeze and pulled away.

"Layla's a good influence on you, don't ever let her go." She said

"I don't plan on doing so, Mom." I smiled, she gave me one last nod and I kissed her forehead and walked away and walked out the front door.

************************

Sorry for the super late update! I'm still pretty sick and I'm really blank, like seriously! I literally didn't know wha to write, like at all. But, here it is! Chapter 29! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though, there wasn't much but there was a bit about Elena *shrugs*. Anyways, I hope you us forgive me for the slow updates and that you don't stop reading this book, I love you all so much! 

Word count: 1372