Chapter 24: Out In The Rain

Layla's POV:

"Oh stop pouting, baby. Brooke and I were just bonding." I said to Jamie as we sat down in our usual table in the cafeteria. The guys were all laughing at Jamie because he was being all pouty and stuff. Brooklyn was seated beside me eating her food quietly after I introduced her to the other guys.

"Bonding? I didn't even get to spend time with my girl all day long." He said as he pulled me on his lap. I smiled and turned my head to face him and he just snuggled his head in my side.

"Oh stop being so clingy, Ames. I'm so not used to this." Ben said and playfully shuddered.

"Oh shut up, I find it kinda cute. It just proves that he wants to spend time with his girl." Brooklyn said

"And besides, you were with her last night. You even slept over." Drake said 

"Wait! Hold up. How come I don't know this?" Justin asked as everyone in the table stopped doing what they were doing and looked at us.

"What?" I asked completely clueless on what's happening.

"You slept over?" Andrew asked Jamie

"Yeah, I did. So what? At least I got to cuddle up with my girl." Jamie replied and kissed my arm.

"This is complete and utter torture." Warren whined

"You'll understand when you find the girl of your dreams then I will be the one throwing up and making gagging noises." Jamie said and pulled me closer to him if that's even possible.

"Will you guys stop teasing Ames and Layla? They're just happily showing how much they like each other and how much they enjoy each other's company, so shush." Brooklyn said slapping her hand on the table. All the others guys grumbled under their breaths and continued eating their food. I gave Brooklyn a grateful glance and she just gave me a smile.

"I got your back, girl. Don't worry." She said, yep we're definitely gonna be great friends. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"So he's picking you up later?" Brooklyn asked as we made our way to our next class. Jamie, Justin, Andrew, Ben, and Gabe said that they have to skip and go do something. But, Jamie said he'll be back later to pick me up and then he'll take me out for ice cream.

"Yeah, though he didn't tell me where he was going, he just said that it was something important." I said, she nodded her head and we both walked into class. I sighed and brought out my phone to text Jamie.

Layla: I miss you, baby. 

I knew that I wasn't gonna get an immediate reply, but it was worth a try. A few minutes later, class started and I kept my phone in my bag.

"I hate History, this is so boring." Brooklyn groaned beside me, I laughed at her and turned my attention to our teacher.

*After school* 

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you home?" Drake asked me, I giggled and shook my head.

"I'll be fine, Drakey. I'll see you back at home." I said, he sighed and nodded his head.

"Alright , but if he doesn't come just give me a call." He said, I nodded my head and kissed his cheek.

"He'll come, Drakey." I said

"Okay, I'll see you back at home." He said, he gave me a final hug and walked away. Brooklyn went ahead and went home and I waited here for Jamie. I sighed and looked around for any signs of Jamie, but there was none. I sat on a bench and looked up in the sky, it was a bit dark out and it was getting chilly. It might rain, I hope Jamie gets here soon before it starts raining.