Chapter 16: First Day Back (1)

Layla's POV: 

It's been a few days since I hit my head and today's the day I go back to school. I was really eager to get out of the house because Drake was always fussing around. He barely left my side because he was worried that I might just get myself into more trouble. Jamie and the other guys also came over after school to check up on me. They were all really sweet, they bought me sweets and stuff toys! Jamie even got me a purple teddy bear and I really love it. 

I got up earlier than usual and saw Drake asleep on my desk chair with his mouth hanging open. I let out a little laugh and walked over to my closet to pick out my clothes for today. I was in there for at least 10 minutes, when I heard shuffling from my room.

"Layla? Layla, where are you?" I heard Drake's voice asked while looking around my room. I giggled and walked out of my closet and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind.

"I'm here, Drakey. I was just picking out clothes for today." I said, he turned his head to look at me and sighed in relief. 

"I thought you were gone, Layla." He said, he turned around and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm alright, Drakey." I assured him, we pulled away and he looked at my clock.

"I'm gonna go get ready. I'm also gonna try and make breakfast." He said, I smiled and nodded my head.

"Okay, Drakey. Please don't burn the house down, like you almost did last time." I pouted, he chuckled and nodded his head.

"Yes, Layla." He said, he kissed my forehead and walked out of my room. I walked back to my closet and chose an outfit. Once I finally decided on an outfit, I skipped over to my bathroom and took a quick shower. After my shower, I dried off and got dressed. 

I looked in the mirror and smiled

I looked in the mirror and smiled. I haven't been to school in a week and I know that I missed a lot. I told Drake not to tell Mommy and Daddy what happened to me because then they're gonna send me back there and I really like it here and I don't want to leave Jamie and the other guys. Drake hasn't been to school either since the accident, because he was too busy worrying about me. 

"Layla, the foods ready." I heard Drake say from the other side of my bedroom door. I picked up my backpack and got my phone from my desk and opened the door. I skipped down the stairs and went to the kitchen to see Drake on a stool eating his breakfast quietly as he scrolled through his phone. I walked over beside him and saw that they was a plate of pancakes.

"You made this?" I asked him, he looked up at me and gave me a smile.

"Yeah, try it. I tried to make it the best I could." He said, I nodded my head and took a bite. I tasted the sweetness of the syrup and the softness of the pancake.

"This is actually really good, Drakey." I said, he chuckled and placed his phone down.

"Thanks, Lay. Don't forget to drink lots of water, you know what happens when you eat something sweet." He said and handed me glass of water. 

"Also, you need to take these." He added and handed me two pills. I frowned as I saw that they were my medicine that I have been taking for the past few days. They always leave this awful taste when I swallow them, and I don't like it. 

"Do I really have to take these, Drakey?" I whined, he nodded his head and gestured for me to drink them. I pouted but drank them anyway and like I thought, they left a bile taste. 

"That tastes disgusting." I said and made a face. He chuckled and ate his pancake.

"Eat up, Lay. We're gonna be late for school." He said, I quickly finished my food and then heard my phone beep. I grabbed it and looked at it. It was a message from Jamie.

Jamie: Good morning, Angel. Can't wait to see you. 

Layla: Good morning, Jamie! I can't wait to see you too, I miss you!

Jamie: I miss you too, Angel. I have something to give to you when you get here. Meet at your locker? 

Layla: A surprise? What is it?

Jamie: If I tell you now, then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it? 

Layla: I guess you're right, I can't wait! 

Jamie: I hope you'll like it, Angel. 

Layla: It's from you, Jamie. I'm sure I'll like it! 

Jamie: Alright, Angel! Have you eaten? And did your drink your medicine? 

Layla: Yes, Jamie. Drakey made pancakes, and they were really good. I drank my medicine like a big girl, though it tasted really bad, yuck! 

Jamie: Drake cooked? 

Layla: Yeah, he did. It was really good! 

Jamie: Did you drink lots of water? 

Layla: Yes I did, Jamie! 

Jamie: Good! You better get going, Angel. You might be late.

Layla: Okay, Jamie. See you in a while! 

Jamie: See you in bit, Angel. 

I placed my phone down and Drake was looking at me with a knowing look. 

"What is it, Drakey?" I asked him, his lips tugged into a smirk and I just looked at him clearly confused.

"That was Ames, wasn't it?" He asked, I felt my cheek heat up but I nodded my head anyways.

"I swear, Lay. You like the guy and he clearly likes you too, which is extremely shocking to me, but anyways. Like I said, it's obvious that the guy likes you and with the way you're blushing, you totally like him back." He said

"I don't know, Drakey. I've never felt like this towards anyone, I've been cooped up at home all my life, so I wouldn't know if I like him." I said in total honesty, he gave me a warm smile and rubbed his arm.

"You'll know it when you feel it, Lay. Now c'mon, we have to leave or else we're really gonna be late." He said

What does it feel like to like somebody? 

************************ 

Alright, so there's two parts to this chapter, but I'm naming the next chapter as chapter 17: First Day Back (2). I'm just saying this so you guys won't get confused! Love yaaaa! 

Word count: 1098