Chapter 47: Big Baby

Jameson's POV:

We arrived at his house and Layla was still passed out in the back. I parked the car and turned the engine off and went to the back to get Layla. I wrapped my arms around her back and knees, Drake closed the door for me and we both walked in the house. I saw the lights in the living room and I assumed that Scott and Alisha were there. I looked over at Drake and saw him taking his shoes off and putting them aside, he looked at me and then looked at Layla.

"You go take Layla upstairs, I'm gonna go see what Aunt Alisha and Uncle Scott are up to." He said, I nodded my head and looked at my angel in my arms. Her lips were slightly parted and soft snores came out and her chest slowly moving up and down. I smiled and kissed her forehead, I started making my way to the stairs when I felt her move. I stopped walking and looked down at her. She moved her head to the side and her eyes remained closed but her hand reached out to my face. She placed her hand on my cheek and I smiled wider.

"Jamie?" She softly called my name

"I'm here, Angel. We're back at your house and I'm taking you upstairs." I said to her, she let out a small smile and nodded her head.

"Okay, I love you Jamie." She said and my heart melted

"I love you too Angel." I said, she snuggled her head on my chest and I kissed her head. I continued making my way upstairs and when I got to her room, I gently laid her on her bed and took off her shoes along with her socks because I know she feels uncomfortable wearing socks to sleep. I then thought about her clothes, I don't want to be the one to change her because even though she's asleep, I still have some respect so I decided to go with the other option. I kissed her on the forehead and I walked out of her room. I walked down the stairs and into the living room, I looked at Alisha and saw that she and Scott were talking to Drake and they looked concerned.

I cleared my throat and they all looked at me.

"Oh there you are, Layla's good?" Drake asked

"Yeah she's good, but she's still in her clothes and I didn't want to be the one to change her so I was hoping you would." I told Alisha, she smiled and nodded her head. She stood up and walked over to me placing a hand on my arm.

"I appreciate the respect you have for my daughter, thank you." She said, I smiled and nodded my head. She removed her hand and walked pass me and out the living room. I looked back at Scott and Drake and I decided to sit beside Drake.

"You told them?" I asked and he shook his head

"Not yet, I was waiting for you." He said, I nodded my head and looked at Scott.

"What's wrong?" He asked us, I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"It's about Layla" I said and his eyes widened and looked at Drake.

"What happened to Layla?" He asked again, before either of us could talk Alisha walked in the living room and sat beside Scott.

"What did I miss?" She asked, Drake and I looked at each other before looking at them.

"Something happened with Layla." I said and they both just looked at me.

"What happened? She looks perfectly fine with me." Alisha said

"Before we get to the point, I need to tell you guys something." I said and they gestured for me to go on, I took a deep breath before telling them the story of how I knew Layla when we were younger.

"You're the kid she always talked about?" Scott asked, I let out a small smile and nodded my head.

"It's amazing how after all these years you guys are together again." Alisha said with a smile and I nodded my head in agreement.