Chapter 33: Back To School, yay.

Layla's POV: *A few days later* 

"Are you sure you're ready to go back to school? You're still sick, Angel." Jamie said as he looked at me while I was fixing my bag for school. I turned to him and placed my hands on my hips.

"Jamie, I've been stuck in this house for almost a week. I need to go to school, I feel suffocated in here. Please let me go, I'm dying in here. Besides, it's just a little coughs and sneezes here and there. I'll be fine." I told him, he sighed and stood up from my desk chair. He sat on the bed and pulled me on his lap.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you, you're still having your headaches and you still have coughs and you still sneeze occasionally, Angel." He said wrapping his arms around me, I sighed and cupped his cheeks.

"Jamie, I'll be completely fine. I have you, Drake, Brooklyn, and the other guys there with me. There's no need to worry." I said, he sighed and nodded his head. I pecked his lips and got off his lap.

"Also, did you really have to wear that skirt? It's so short." He whined, I rolled my eyes and looked down at my outfit.

" He whined, I rolled my eyes and looked down at my outfit

"Jamie, I have shorts inside. There's nothing to worry about, and besides I look good, don't you think?" I asked him spinning around, he pouted and walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist as per usual.

"Yes, Angel. You look good, too good, as usual. But-" 

"I know, other guys will look at me." I cut him off, he smiled and nodded his head.

"Just shush, Jamie. You're gonna be with me all throughout the day. You're gonna be able to protect me from all those mean guys." I said, he sighed and kissed my forehead.

"Alright, you can wear that." He said, I smiled and bopped his nose.

"Good, because I wasn't asking for your permission anyway." I said and wriggled out of his arms. I laughed and continued to fix my stuff. Jamie was finally going to school as well tomorrow, he's been skipping school all week to take care of me, and I find it really sweet. 

"Drake made breakfast, we should eat now and then leave because we're gonna be late." He said, I smiled and nodded my head. I gathered my stuff, but he grabbed them before I could. He gave me a smile and pecked my lips.

"I'll get those for you." He said, I giggled and we both walked out the room and down the stairs. We went to the kitchen where Drake was preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, Drakey." I greeted, he turned to us and gave us a bright smile.

"Good morning guys, breakfast is almost ready." He said, I smiled and Jamie and I sat down.

"I'm so excited to see the guys and Brooklyn, I feel like I haven't seen them in forever!" I exclaimed, Jamie chuckled and grabbed my hand in his.

"I know, Angel. They miss you too, Justin texted me and he said that they'll all be waiting for us in the front gates." He said, I smiled and felt excitement surge through my veins. It's been so long since I've seen them! 

A few minutes later, Drake finished making breakfast and we all dug in. 

*At school* 

"Damn you, Drake. You broke our eardrums." Jamie groaned as Drake parked the car. I just laughed and grabbed my bag but Jamie stopped me.

"Nope, I'm carrying that for you." He said, I just giggled and let him carry my bag. The three of us walked out the car and I heard someone calling my name.

 "LAYLA!!" I heard a guy's voice, I looked around trying to find where the voice came from but I was tackled in a hug. My eyes widened and I heard someone laughing.

"Justin, let go of the poor girl, she's not gonna be able to breathe if you keep doing that. Also, I don't think that Ames is gonna approve of you hugging his girl." I heard Brooklyn's voice say, I felt Justin pull away from him and I felt someone slip their arms around my waist, which I'm guessing is Jamie.

"She's right, I don't." I heard Jamie's voice say, I rolled my eyes and slapped his chest.

"Oh shush, Jamie. It's just a little hug, and I give the best hugs, so why not?" I said and gave everybody a hug.

"Damn, Layla. You were gone for so long, we've missed our little ray of sunshine." Blake said, I smiled and let out a little giggle.

"I've missed you guys too, being in the house was a little boring. I couldn't really do anything. Jamie was too protective and wouldn't let me have some fun." I pouted, they all laughed and Jamie crossed his arms over his chest.

"It was for your own good, Angel." He smirked and I just rolled my eyes, he chuckled and kissed my cheek. I smiled and felt my cheeks heat up, oof. 

"We should get to class, we're gonna be later, unless you both would rather be all lovey dovey here." Brooklyn teased, I blushed even more and Jamie just chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Let's get to class, Angel. I know you don't like being late." He said, I giggled and nodded my head.

"Okay then, we'll see you all later. We're going to class." He added, we both bid our goodbyes to the group and made our way into the building and to our class.

"You go ahead, Jamie. I'm gonna go to the restroom, I need to pee." I said, he laughed and nodded his head.

"Alright, Angel. You gonna be okay on your own?" He asked, I smiled and nodded my head.

"I'm gonna be fine, Jamie. I'm just going to pee." I giggled

"Okay, Angel. I love you." He said

"I love you too, now I really have to go." I squeaked, he laughed and I just kissed his cheek and made my way to the nearest restroom. When I made it to the restroom, I did my business and then cleaned myself up.

After doing everything I needed to do, I smiled to myself in the mirror and then walked out. I made my way to class, but something caught my eye. It was two people, they were by the lockers and I could tell from afar that the girl was Isabella, though I didn't quite catch who the guy was. I shrugged it off knowing it wasn't any of my business, until I heard Isabella say something.

"C'mon Ames, you know that she can never give you what I can." 

With that sentence, my head snapped to the guy and I looked closer and it was indeed Jamie. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I felt the tears build up in my eyes, and one by one they fell. I ran away from the scene and went back to the restroom and locked myself in a cubicle and let the tears fall freely from my eyes.

***************************

Okay, so don't kill me! I know that I haven't updated in a really long time, I was really blank! I didn't know what to write and things have just been really hectic. We're looking for a new place to live and yada yada yada. Anyways, poor Layla, owemji it literally hurt writing her bawling her eyes out. She's too innocent! I hope you guys liked this chapter though, so yeah! I love you guys! 

Word count: 1281