Chapter 40: Chicken Tenders

Jameson's POV:

"Jamie, why didn't you tell me you fight people?" My angel asked me, I sighed and pulled her off of me gently. She sat across from me with her legs crossed. 

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want." She said in a soft voice, I gave her a small smile and shook my head.

"No, you deserve to know, Angel." I said, she returned the smile and nodded her head. She gave me an encouraging look and I took a deep breath.

"It started when Elena passed away, like I said, we moved away, my father left us. Mom was working 3 jobs just to keep a roof on our heads, and I knew that I was able to help her, and so I looked for a job. I then came across Lucas, he was the one who took me in and thought me all the stuff I needed to know. He thought me who to fight well and turned me into his own fighting machine. 

In doing this, I earned a lot of money. Lucas payed me a fair amount of money from all the bets that were made by the people who watched the fights. A down side in doing this is that I earned enemies, they're hunting me down and they want revenge for humiliation. I tried asking Lucas if I could leave, but he wouldn't let me. I wanted to stop the fighting, because I knew that it was hurting my mom, and now that I have you, they're gonna try to come after you. 

I knew from the moment I saw you, that I needed to protect you with my life. You are the love of my life, and I would never let anyone hurt you. I want you to live a happy and normal life, I just know that I want to grow old with you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I need to keep you safe, which is why when you went to the club, you were exposed to Lucas. 

Layla, you can never go to that club ever again. You can't go alone, you need to at least have one of the guys with you so that they can protect you. Do you understand me?" I told her, she took in everything I said and nodded her head.

"Yes, I understand, Jamie." She said, I smiled and kissed her forehead. She crawled closer to me and sat on my lap, She wrapped her legs around me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You're very strong and brave, Jamie." She smiled, I chuckled and kissed her nose.

"Thank you, Angel. I love you." I said, she pecked my lips and gave me a big smile.

"You were really good there, by the way. You were all like -pow- and then you were like-boom- and then he was like-woosh- and over all you were just amazing!" She exclaimed with hand gestures. She was just simply adorable, my little Angel. 

"You're so cute, thank you, Angel." I said, she giggled and gave me her bright smile.

"Do you want some dinner, Jamie?" She asked me

"Sure, let's go make dinner. What are you in the mood for?" I asked her, she pulled away from me and stood up. 

"Hmmm, I want some chicken tenders." She said, I chuckled and nodded my head. I stood up from my position and stood next to her.

"Alright, let's go." I said, she squealed and ran out the room. I took off after her afraid that she might slip and fall. 

"Angel, be careful and slow down, please!" I told her, she looked back at me and I watched as her foot missed a step. My eyes widened and I ran to her as fast as I could, but I was too late, she slipped and hit her head on the railing.

"Layla!" I yelled, she hit the floor and stayed still. I ran to her and laid her head on my lap. I felt a warm liquid on my hand and lifted it to see blood. 

"Oh god, not again." I muttered, I felt tears building up in my eyes as I stood back up and rushed upstairs to Drake's room. I barged in and saw him in bed fast asleep. I walked over to him and shook him awake.

"Ames, what the hell do you want?" He grumbled

"It's Layla, Drake. Something happened to her." I rushed out, he quickly stood up almost falling down and pushed me out of the way and ran out of the room. I followed him out wiping my tears and ran where I left Layla. I saw Drake lifting Layla up in her arms and rushing her out the house, I grabbed Drake's car keys and ran out the house slipping my phone in my pocket.

I ran out the house locking the door behind me and rushing to Drake where he was waiting by his car with Layla passed out in his arms. I quickly opened the car and he slipped her in.

"Okay, so I'll drive, you go ahead and sit with her in the back." Drake said, I nodded my head and tossed his the keys. I got in with Layla and laid her head on my lap caressing her cheek. She opened her eyes a little bit and let out a whimper.

"Jamie, it hurts." She said in a weak voice.

"What hurts, Angel? Tell me, what hurts?" I asked her

"My a-arm, and my neck-and head. I-I should've listened to you and I should've slowed d-down." She muttered out, I shushed her and stroked her hair.

"No, Angel. Don't think about now, everything's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay, we're going to the hospital and they're gonna make you better okay?" I said, she gave a small nod and her eyes began to close.

"I'm here, Angel. Don't worry. You're gonna be okay, I love you so much. You're gonna be okay." I said

"I love you, J-jamie. W-where's Drakey?" She stuttered out, I looked at Drake and he looked at me through his rear view mirror. He tilted it a bit down to see Layla and he gave a small smile.

"I'm here, Lay. I'm here, everything's gonna be fine. We're almost there, just hang on." He said, she gave a small smile back and turned her head to Drake's direction.

"I love you, Drakey. Call Mommy and Daddy for me, I want to see them." She said

"Yes, I'll call them. I'll see if they can get the first flight here, they'll be here, Lay." He said, she hummed in response and closed her eyes. 

  *****************************

Okay, so here's chapter 40!! Poor Layla has to go to the hospital again. I didn't know what else to put, I'm sorry. I'm running out of ideasssss. I hate to say this, but His Weakness is coming to a close end, don't worry, I don't even know how to end it yet, but I swear to you guys, it will be good. I love you all so much!! 

Word count: 1175