Chapter 9: Burnt

Layla's POV:

"Cookies are done!" I exclaimed and went over to the oven.

I somehow forgot to wear the mittens because I burnt myself. I dropped the tray and I felt the tears build up in my eyes.

"Layla!" The guys all exclaimed

"Drake, Jamie, it hurts." I cried and held my hands to my chest.

"Oh Angel" Jamie said while walking towards me and inspected my hands.

"Layla, you should've been more careful." Drake said, Jamie wiped my tears away from my cheeks and wrapped an arm around me while still inspecting my hands.

"From what I know, when you get a burn you should hold the burnt part under cool water for a couple of minutes." Blake said, Jamie nodded his head and we walked over to the sink. He grabbed my hands gently and opened the faucet.

He kissed my temple and gave me a smile, "Angel, don't cry. It'll all be okay, I'll take care of you." He said, I slowly nodded my head and he brought my hands to the water. I winced and felt the tears build up in my eyes again.

"Jamie, it hurts." I cried

"I know, Angel. I know. Guys, can one of you get Tylenol or any sort of pain killers for her?" He asked, Drake scrambled from his spot and ran out of the kitchen and came back with the first aid kit.

"There's some Tylenol in here, and as well as a bandage to wrap around her hands." He said and gave the kit to Jamie.

*A few minutes later*

"Alright, I think it's been long enough." Blake said, Jamie nodded his head and gave me a small smile.

"You'll be fine, Angel." He said, I nodded my head and he closed the faucet. He got a towel and wrapped my hands with it. Dylan handed me a glass of water and a pill which I was guessing was Tylenol.

"Here Layla, drink this. This will take some of the pain away." He said, I gave a smile and nodded my head.

"How exactly am I gonna drink this?" I asked no one in particular

"I'll help you, Angel." Jamie said, he took the pill and water from Dylan and told me to open my mouth. I did as he said and he popped the pill in my mouth and brought the brim of the glass to my lips.

"Here, drink up." He said, I did as he said and I drank the water. I swallowed the pill and grimaced at the taste it left. Was that supposed to leave a taste? 

"C'mon, let's wrap that up." Jamie said and picked me up and placed me on the counter. The pain subsided a bit, but it was still there.

"I'll be gentle, don't worry." He said and grabbed the bandage that Justin was holding out. Sure enough, he was very gentle. About a few minutes later, my hands were all wrapped up.

"How am I supposed to do anything with these?" I pouted while looking at my hands.

"I'll be here to get you anything you want, Lay." Drake said, I sighed and just kept my head down.

"Hey Angel, don't worry. You're gonna be okay, you're a strong girl, aren't you?" Jamie said, I nodded my head but still kept my head down. I felt his fingers grab my chin and he gently lifted my head up.

"Don't hide your pretty face from me, Angel." He said, I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Thank you, Jamie." I said and nuzzled my head in his neck. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tight.

"Can ya'll stop being lovey dovey when we're here, it's oddly disturbing." Ben said, everyone else laughed and I pulled away from Jamie with my cheeks as red as a tomato. Jamie glared at Ben and pulled me close to him again. 

"Alright, enough with this love fest. Let's go watch!" Drake said, Jamie lifted me off the counter and into his arms. He made me wrap my legs around his waist and I just held onto him.

"Really Ames? Is that really necessary?" Drake asked with his arms crossed.

"Yes, yes it is." Jamie replied and brought me to the living room. I just hid my face in his neck and played with the bandages on my hands. He placed me on the couch and then sat beside me. The other guys then followed and Drake grabbed the remote. 

"What do you guys suggest we watch?" He asked, Jamie wrapped his arms around my waist and cuddled up next to me. I smiled and started to play with his hair, omg it's so soft! Just like a teddy bear! 

"Let's watch Shadowhunters! I love that show, I think Layla will like it." Andrew suggested, everyone looked at me like they were waiting for my approval. 

"Yeah sure, let's watch that." I said, they all nodded their heads while Jamie just stayed in his position not even bothering to move.

"You look comfy there, Ames." Ben teased, Jamie lifted his arm and grabbed a pillow. He threw the pillow at Ben and grumbled under his breath. 

"Jeez Ames, I was only teasing." Ben said and rubbed his arm.

"Exactly why I threw the pillow at you, idiot." Jamie replied and snuggled into my side again.

"I never thought I'd see the day where Jameson Hunt is cuddled up with a girl." Blake chuckled, I tilted my head a little bit and looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked him 

"Oh right, you don't know." He mumbled and slumped in the couch while Dylan slapped him. 

"Ames is known as the biggest player in school." Andrew said rather blunt if you ask me.

"Player? Are you a football player or something?" I asked Jamie as he sat up and faced me.

"Gosh, she's too innocent for her own good." Warren said 

"Is that good or bad?" I asked him

"Oh good, definitely good." He said with a smile, I nodded my head and returned my attention on Jamie.

"So what do you play?" I asked him 

"Girls" I heard Gabe mumble, I looked at Jamie in confusion. He glared at Gabe and he raised his hands in surrender. 

'"What does he mean, Jamie?" I asked him clearly confused at to what was going on.

"Can we talk alone, Angel?" He asked me, I nodded my head and he grabbed my hand.

"We'll be right back." Jamie said to everyone

"Take it easy on her, alright?" Drake said, Jamie nodded his head and lead me to the kitchen. He lifted me up and placed me on the counter like earlier. 

"Angel, I hope you won't be mad at me when I tell you this." He said

"It's alright, Jamie. You can tell me anything." I said and cupped his cheek. He smiled and leaned into my touch. 

"I'm sorry, Angel. I really didn't mean to do it to all those girls, I was just dealing with something." He said 

"What is it, Jamie?" I asked him 

"I play around with girls, I sleep with them and then I leave them. They get hurt because of me." 

************************

Alright, there we go! Chapter 9 is done! Hope you guys enjoy!

Word count: 1225