Chapter 43: Finally Going Home

Layla's POV:

Jamie showed me the picture that Brooklyn sent in the group chat since my phone was left at home. It was a picture of him and I just a few minutes when he gave me a quick kiss, I immediately blushed and glared at Brooklyn who just smiled at me innocently.

"What? It's cute, both of you are just so adorable." She said, I glared at her even more and she just raised her hands in surrender.

"I couldn't help it." She said, I huffed and faced Jamie who was giving me an amused look.

"What?" I asked him, he chuckled and shook his head.

"Nothing, you're just so adorable." He said grabbing my hand and placing a kiss on it. 

"Anyways, when will Layla be able to go home?" Drake asked my Mom and Dad.

"Well we talked to the doctor earlier and he said that Layla can go home tonight." Mom said, I smiled and looked up at Jamie.

"Did you hear that, Jamie?! I can go home tonight!" I exclaimed, he chuckled and nodded his head.

"Yes, Angel, I heard. I'm very happy that you're going home." He said grabbing my hand and placing a kiss on it, my smile widened and my thoughts drifted to my soft bed and having Jamie next to me with his arms wrapped around me. I wrapped my arms around Jamie's torso and buried my face in his chest.

"I can't wait to go home." I mumbled, he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my hair.

"Me too, Angel. I love you." He said, I smiled and squeezed him a little tighter.

"I love you too, Jamie." I mumbled

*A few hours later*

"I'm going home!" I exclaimed, the doctor smiled and nodded his head.

"Yes, dear, you're going home. Do me a favor, and please take care of yourself. I don't want to see the same girl here for a third time." He said, I smiled sheepishly and nodded my head.

"Yes, doctor." I said, he smiled and looked at my parents.

"She's good to go." He said to them, they smiled and thanked him.

"It was nice being of service, I shall be going now." The doctor said, we all thanked him again and he walked out of the room. The nursed removed all the wiring from me earlier and Jamie gave me clothes to change into, I was wearing black ripped jean and just a simple pink blouse with matching shoes.

"Alright, let's get you home, Angel." Jamie said, he gave me his hand and I took it and hopped off the bed. Drake had my bag and I looked over at Mom and Dad and saw them talking, I looked back at Jamie and smiled at him.

"Can you sleep over tonight?" I asked him, he smiled and nodded his head.

"Of course, Angel." He said, my smile widened and I felt my legs already getting tired.

"Jamie" He looked over at me and I raised my hands and he chuckled already knowing what I wanted.

"Alright then" He said, he picked me up and wrapped my legs around his torso, I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, he placed his hands under my thighs and I looked at Mom and Dad and saw them smiling at us.

"Let me guess, she was already feeling tired." Dad said, Jamie chuckled and nodded his head, I smiled sheepishly and nuzzled my head in his neck.

"You comfortable there, Lay?" Drake asked, I nodded my head and closed my eyes.

"Don't fall asleep on me now, Angel." Jamie chuckled, I groaned and lifted my head.

"Why not?" I asked him pulling away to look at his face.

"Because then you're not going to able to sleep tonight and you're gonna be awake all night." He said, I pouted and knew he was right.

"Fine" I said and sighed going back to how I was earlier.

"Let's go." Dad said, we began walking out, well they because I was still being carried by Jamie, and we were out of the hospital. I noticed that they were going in a different direction, so that means that I'm probably riding with Jamie.

"C'mon, Angel, my car isn't too far from here." He said, I hummed in response and saw people looking at us but I just ignored them. I saw Jamie's car from a distance and I was already getting so excited. I really wanted to go home, I hate being in that hospital.

When we reached his car, Jamie reached into his pocket to get his keys, mind you that he's still carrying me. He unlocked the car and opened the passenger door, he slipped me in and kissed my forehead. I smiled and he closed the door and ran to the driver's side and got it.

He started the car and I immediately turned on the radio. I smiled as one of my favorite songs played.

"If you don't wanna see me dancing with somebody

If you wanna believe that anything can stop.

Don't show up

Don't come out

Don't start caring about me now." I sang along, Jamie chuckled and placed his hand on my thigh.

"You're adorable" He said, I smiled and continued singing the song and to other songs as he drove us home.

We arrived at the house and I was getting all giddy. Mom, Dad, and Drake were already parked in the driveway and I smiled as I saw Drake come out of the house. Jamie parked the car in front of the house and I opened my door not bothering to wait for Jamie to open it for me.

"Angel, be careful please." Jamie said as he got out, I pouted and huffed.

"Jamie, I just opened the door. What's so dangerous about that?" I asked as I closed the door almost slamming my fingers in the process. Now I get what he means.

"Okay, fine, but I can still do stuff on my own." I told him, he smiled and nodded his head.

"I know, Angel. You never know what could happen, so always be careful, okay?" He said and grabbed my hand that was almost slammed and placed a kiss on it.

"Oh please, enough with that. I'm still not okay with this." I heard Drake say, Jamie released my hand and wrapped his arm around my waist and rested his hand on my hip.

"Drake, stop that." I said, he groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Fine, whatever. Let's just go in." He said turning and walking towards the front door. Jamie and I followed him and went inside.

When we entered the house, I saw Mom and Dad on the couch talking and I inhaled the smell of the house. Ah, no more hospital smells.

Feels good to finally be home...again.

****************************

I'm sorry for the late update, I really am. I really can't fix my laptop charger and then I lost the charger to the other one, everything is really complicated and I'm trying my best! I'm publishing two chapters today, I hope that somehow makes it up tp you guys! I love you all and I'm sorry once again!

Word count: 1208