Chapter 36: Getting Ready

Layla's POV:

Brooklyn and I have finished watching White Chicks, and we also watched a couple episodes of The Vampire Diaries. In the middle of an episode, we heard the front door open. 

"Drake's probably home." I said, she nodded her head and paused the episode. 

"Should we tell him that we're going somewhere tonight?" I asked her, she shook her head and I just looked at her confused.

"No, definitely not. He wouldn't allow you to go if he knew where we were going." She exclaimed, I looked at her alarmed and she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, Mouse. I told you, it's nothing dangerous. You're gonna have so much fun." She assured, I sighed and nodded my head.

"Fine, but how are we going to wherever we're going?" I asked her, she had a sneaky look on her face and I could already tell what she was thinking.

"No, we're not." I said before she could even blurt out her plan.

"But Mouse, it's the only way we're going to be able to go out." She whined, I glared at her and shook my head.

"No, not happening. I am not sneaking out, I have never snuck out in my whole life. Drake's gonna kill me when he finds out that I snuck out to go who knows where!" I exclaimed, she rolled her eyes and gave me a look.

"Layla, he's not gonna know, plus I think Drake has somewhere to go tonight. I heard him and the guys talking about it yesterday. I think Ames is going too." She said, she then looked at me and saw the frown on my face.

"Shit, I shouldn't have mentioned him. I'm sorry, I completely forgot!" She said, I gave her a small smile and shook my head.

"It's fine, Brooke. We'll go with your plan." I smiled, she squealed and tackled me in a hug.

"OMG, I'm so excited!" 

I heard the door open and a voice followed, "Excited for what?" I looked behind Brooklyn and saw Drake. Right, he was here already.

Brooklyn and I looked at each other before I answered, "Excited for the Twilight marathon we're having tonight." 

"Oh well that's great, I assume you're sleeping over then." He said to Brooklyn in which she nodded her head to.

"Good, because the guys and I have somewhere to go anyway. What happened by the way? Why did you go home early?" He asked

"I was having a headache, and it was really bad so I went to go call Brooklyn because Jamie was hmmm...occupied." I lied through my teeth, he raised an eyebrow at me like he didn't believe me but he let it go.

"Okay then, well did you take your medicine earlier?" He asked, I nodded my head and he gave me a smile.

"I'm gonna be leaving to go to one of the guy's house, I just went here to get changed and to check on you. Jamie was worried about you. I asked him why he just didn't go himself, but he didn't say anything and just told me to do so." He said and I felt a tug on my heart. I thought about Jamie and got worried, but then I remembered what he did and mentally scowled. I felt Brooklyn nudge me and only then did I realise that I zoned out.

"Are you okay, Lay?" Drake asked, worry in his eyes.

"Yes, I'm fine. You guys go have fun okay, give my regards to the guys." I said, he smiled and nodded his head. He gave me a hug and kissed my head.

"Take care of yourselves, alright? Don't wait up, I'll probably be home late." He said, late? But, there's school tomorrow...I shook the thoughts away and gave him a smile.