Chapter 13: Waking Up

Jameson's POV:

I don't know how long I've been sitting in this chair, but I really didn't care. Layla's been passed out for hours now and I don't want to leave her side. The nurses said that only two people were allowed to stay with her overnight, so obviously Drake and I stayed. 

"You know you're gonna have to sleep, right?" I heard Drake say from the couch across Layla's bed.

"I know, but I just want to wait a little longer." I said, he nodded his head and pulled his blanket to his chest.

"Well I'm gonna get some shut eye, you should sleep. Layla's gonna be okay, don't worry." He said, I nodded my head and he closed his eyes. I looked back at Layla and sighed.

"I can't believe I let this happen to you. I'm sorry, Angel." I said and kissed her hand. I sighed and leaned in to kiss her forehead.

"Goodnight, Angel. Don't worry, this will never ever happen to you ever again as long as I'm around. I'll be here to protect you." I said, I leaned back in the chair and closed my eyes.

Layla's POV: *After a few hours*

Beep 

Beep

Beep 

Beep 

Beep

What is that noise? It's so annoying. I went to cover my ears but something stopped me from doing so. I opened my eyes and I was in a room I've never been in before. I looked around and saw that I was connected to some machines. What are these? I looked down at my arm and saw a needle sticking in my skin and a hand in mine. I looked at where the hand belonged to and saw Jamie. 

I immediately smiled, and brought my other hand to brush the little hairs out of his eyes. He shifted a bit and then opened his eyes. His gaze landed on me and his eyes widened. He sat up and looked around then looked back at me.

"You're awake?!" He exclaimed, I giggled and nodded my head.

"Yeah, Jamie. I'm awake." I said, he smiled and took my hand in his again. 

"I'm so glad you're okay, Angel." He said and brought my hand to his cheek.

"I'm alright, Jamie. It's just a little hit on the head." I assured, he gave me a small smiled and leaned into my hand.

"Still, Angel, you were hurt, still are actually." He said, I giggled and caressed his cheek.

"Don't worry about me, Jamie. I'm a big girl." I said

"I know, Angel. I know, but you can't blame me for worrying." I smiled at his care, and carefully sat up, with his help of course. I placed my hand on my head and winced as I felt a bit of pain.

"Are you okay?" Jamie asked 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little bit of pain, that's all." I smiled

"I should probably call the nurse and wake up Drake." He said and stood up, Drakey's here?

"Wait, where's Drakey?" I asked, Jamie laughed and walked over to the couch in front of my bed where there was a huge lump, oh. 

"Drake, wake up. Layla's awake." Jamie said and gently shook him awake. He groaned and sat up rubbing his eyes. He then opened them and looked at me. His mood instantly changed and stood up and ran over to my side.

"Oh my god, Layla are you okay?" He asked and held my hand.

"I'm okay, Drakey." I giggled, he smiled and kissed my forehead.

"How long was I out?" I asked them 

"You were out for a few hours." Jamie said

"What time is it? And also can I have water?" I asked

"Right, of course you need water." Drake said and went to get me a glass of water. I looked over at Jamie and he smiled at me.

"It's 12 in the morning by the way." He said

"Oh my gosh, I woke you guys up at 12 in the morning?!" I exclaimed

"Yeah, but it's no worries. We've been waiting for you to wake up for hours." He said, Drake came back with a glass of water and gave it to me. I drank it up and and smiled.

"Thanks, Drakey." I said 

"I should probably go call a nurse now." Jamie said and walked out the door. 

"You know he's been worried sick about you." Drake smirked, I felt my cheeks redden and I covered my face with my hands.

"He really likes you, you know. I can tell." He said, he does?

"Wait, what?" I asked, just as he was about to answer the nurse and Jamie walked in. 

"Hello, Layla. How are you feeling?" She asked as she opened the lights. I squinted my eyes adjusting to the brightness. 

"I'm alright, just having a little headache here and there." I said, she smiled and nodded her head. 

"Yeah, you would have those for at least a week. When you get released tomorrow, we're gonna give you some medication that you have to take for at least 2 weeks. You currently have stitches on your head and we're going to have to remove that during the two weeks, so most probably on a Wednesday." She explained, that was so confusing. I didn't understand a word that she said.

"Umm what?" I asked 

"Don't worry, Angel. It's noting too bad." Jamie assured, I nodded my head and he gave me a kiss on my forehead. I thought back to what Drake said, does Jamie really like me? Because if he does, then I think I might like him too. I really don't know what's it's like to like someone, but Drake explained before that it's when you really like being with that person and you feel safe with them and that you feel completely comfortable with them. Drake once said that when you like someone, you want to be with them all the time, and I know that I want to be with Jamie all the time. 

"Hey, Angel. What are you thinking about?" I heard his voice ask, I looked around and saw that Drake and the nurse weren't in the room anymore. Jamie probably saw my confused expression.

"Drake and the nurse had some things to discuss, Drake will be back in a few minutes." He said and sat back on the chair he was on earlier.

"You should sleep, Angel. It's really late, I'll be here when you wake up." He said, I smiled and nodded my head. He helped me lay back down and he positioned the pillows that way I liked them and he kissed my forehead. 

"Goodnight, Angel. Sleep well." He said, and then I drifted off to sleep. 

**********************

I'm really sorry if this chapter is really boring, I didn't know what to write. Don't hate on meeeeee!! I love you guys a lot, I'm sorryyyy! 

Word count: 1153