Chapter 20: Cuts and Bruises

Layla's POV: *After school* 

"Drakey, can Jamie come over?" I asked, he looked at me and Jamie and he sighed.

"Fine, but I am staying in my room so I can't see you two being all sweet and stuff." He said, I laughed and looked up at Jamie. 

"I'll see you at the house." I said, Jamie still had to drop the guys off at their houses so we'll just meet at Drake and I's house.

"Alright, Angel. I'll see you later." He said and pecked my lips. I smiled and watched him as he walked away from me. I turned to Drake who had his face all scrunched up.

"What?" I asked him

"I will never get used to that." He said, I laughed and we both got in his car. We drove home and I went up to my room to do my homework. I don't like homework, I mean I like studying but it takes up so much of my time here at home. I guess that's one of the downsides in going to an actual school. I sighed and got started on my homework.

*After a few hours* 

I finished my homework an hour ago, but Jamie's still not here. I tried calling his phone but he wasn't answering and I was starting to worry. He should've been here by now, the guys' homes weren't too far from school. I sat in my bed looking at phone waiting for him to call or at least text, but I got nothing. I walked over to my desk and looked at the bouquet that he gave me, I smiled and took a pack of the chocolate and started snacking on it.

I heard a knock on the door and my head snapped in that direction. Maybe he's here already. I yelled a 'come in' and saw Drake walk in. I sighed in disappointment and he walked over to my bed and sat on the edge.

"Are you having any headaches? You're supposed to drink your medicine, Lay. Did you drink them?" He asked, I shook my head and he let out a sigh. He walked over to my desk and got my bottle of medicine. I pouted and hid under my blanket.

"Drakey, I don't wanna drink it." I whined, I heard him walking towards me and I felt him try to pull the blanket off of me.

"Drakey" I whined

"Layla, you need to drink this so you'll feel better." He said

"I do feel better." I argued, truth is I don't. I'm having a really bad headache but I don't want to tell him that.

"But I don't wanna, it tastes disgusting." I said, I heard him sigh and tried pulling off the blanket.

"Please Layla, you need to drink." He pleaded, I peeked out and saw him looking at me. He was holding out a glass of water and two pills. I sighed and sat up removing the blanket off of me.

"Alright, fine." I said, I got the pills from him and popped them in my mouth, I drank the water and swallowed them both and as usual, they left an awful taste. 

"That's really disgusting." I said, he laughed and shook his head.

"Isn't Ames supposed to be here by now?" He asked, I frowned and nodded my head.

"Yeah he is, but I don't know where he is now. I tried calling him and texting him, but he isn't answering." I said

"I'm sure he'll be here, for the mean time, I think you should call your parents. They have been asking for you for a while now saying they haven't heard from you in a long time." He said, my eyes widened at the realisation that he's right. I haven't called my parents since I was in the hospital. 

"I totally forgot to call them after I got released from the hospital. You didn't tell them about the accident, did you?" I asked him, he gave me a smile and shook his head.

"I didn't, I know that you're scared that they're gonna send you back." He said, I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Thank you, Drakey. I'm gonna call them right now." I said, he nodded his head and stood up. 

"I'll be in my room if you need me." He said, I nodded my head and he walked out. I grabbed my phone from beside me and dialled up Mom's number. A few rings later, she answered.

Mom: Hello? Layla?

Layla: Hi Mommy

Mom: Oh honey, what happened to you? We haven't heard from you in almost 2 weeks. Are you okay?

Layla: I'm okay, Mom. Is Daddy there?

Mom: Yeah, he's here, he's in the bathroom at the moment taking a shower. 

Layla: Oh alright, how are you guys?

Mom: We're alright, honey. How is it over there? How's school?

Layla: I like it here, Mom. I really do, I made some friends and they're really kind. 

Mom: That's great, honey!

Layla: But I do have to tell you guys something though.

"Honey, who are you talking to?" I heard Daddy's voice in the background say. 

Mom: It's Layla

I heard some shuffling and I heard his voice. 

Dad: Pumpkin? 

Layla: Hi Daddy, I miss you.

Dad: Oh pumpkin, I miss you so much. Where have you been? We've been trying to call you but you haven't been answering. Are you alright?

Layla: I'm alright, Daddy. Things are just a bit busy here with school and stuff.

Mom: You said that you have something to tell us. What is it, honey?

Layla: Umm well, I don't really know what to say this, but umm.

Dad: Pumpkin, just tell us. We won't be mad.

Layla: Okay, well ummm I sorta maybe have a boyfriend.

Mom and Dad: You have a what?! 

Layla: Yeah, I have a boyfriend.

Dad: Does Drake know about this? 

Layla: Yes, Daddy. He knows, and he likes him. He's a really nice guy, Daddy.

Mom: Well we just might go over there to meet this guy. Does he treat you right, honey? 

Layla: Yes, Mom. He's a really nice guy and I like him a lot.

Dad: Our little girl's growing up, you haven't even been there for a month and you already got yourself a boyfriend. I just hope that that guy is as great as you put him out to be.

Layla: He really is a great guy and I can't wait for you guys to meet him! 

Then, I heard the doorbell ring. 

Layla: I gotta go, there's someone at the door. I love you guys a lot, I miss you! 

Mom: Oh honey, we love and miss you too.

Dad: Take care of yourself, pumpkin. We love you.

Layla: Love you guys, bye! 

I ended the call and placed it on my desk. I stood up and walked out of my room to see Drake walking out if his.

"I got it, Drakey." I said, he smiled and nodded his head.

"Alright" He said and went back to his room. I skipped down the stairs and to the front door. I opened it to see Jamie, filled with cuts and bruises all over his face.

************************

Alright, chapter 20's done! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! There's really not much to say about this, so yeah. Love ya guys! 

Word count: 1235