Chapter 42: Friends Meet The Parents

Layla's POV: 

"When can I be released from here? I wanna go home already." I whined, Jamie chuckled from beside me and kissed my cheek.

"Soon, Angel. Just be patient, the doctor said that you're doing well, so you'll be home in no time." He said, I smiled up at him and nodded my head. 

I had begged Jamie to get in the bed beside me because I badly needed to cuddle. Mom and Dad went to go clear some stuff up with the doctor and Drake went home to freshen up, so at the moment it was just Jamie and I.

"I was so worried about you, Angel. You're gonna need to be extra careful okay, I don't want you getting hurt again." Jamie said with a frown on his face, I pouted and wrapped my arms around his torso and looked at up him.

"I'm sorry, Jamie. I can't help that I'm super clumsy, I love you." I said, he sighed and kissed my nose.

"Just be careful, Angel. I love you too." He said, I smiled and buried my head in his chest. The door opened and I assumed that it was my Mom and Dad.

"You guys are just simply adorable." I heard Mom gush, I smiled into Jamie's chest and felt his chest vibrate and his chuckle filled my ears.

"Thank you." He responded, I looked up from his chest and looked at Mom.

"Mommy, until when are you staying here?" I asked her

"We're staying here for a week, baby." She said, I smiled and nodded my head. I unwrapped myself from Jamie and heard a sound of disapproval from him. I giggled and looked at him, he had a frown on his face. I kissed his cheek and giggled.

"You're so cute, Jamie." I said pinching his cheeks, his nose scrunched and I just laughed.

"Aren't they just adorable, Scott?" I heard Mom say to Dad, I smiled once again and sighed in content. I opened my arms towards Mom, she chuckled and walked towards me. She wrapped her arms around me and caressed my hair.

"I missed you, Mommy." I murmured

"I missed you too, baby. It's hard not having our baby girl around, we miss you so much." She said, I looked over at Dad and he was smiling at both of us.

"Can I get a hug too?" He asked, I chuckled and nodded my head. He walked towards us and wrapped his arms around the both of us. When we pulled away, Mom looked at Jamie and smiled.

"Welcome to our family, Jameson." She said, I looked over at Jamie who had a big smile on his face. Everything was going so well, at the moment, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jameson's POV:

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was from Justin. 

Justin: Hey, Drake told us what happened with Layla. We're on our way with Brooklyn. 

I smiled and typed in a reply.

Jameson: Thanks, see you guys soon. Is Drake coming with you guys?

Justin: Yeah, he's with us right now. See you later. 

I closed my phone and slipped it back in my pocket.

"Who was that?" I heard Layla ask , I smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

"Justin, Drake and the guys are coming over with Brooklyn. Drake told them what happened and wanted to check up on you." I said, she smiled and nodded her head.

"I feel like I haven't seen them in forever." She said, I chuckled and shook my head.

"Angel, you just saw them the other day before you were brought here." I said, she had a look of confusion on her face and tilted her head to the side making her look like a cute little girl. I held my hands back because I wanted to pinch her cheeks so bad. 

Then a look a realisation shone on her face, "Oh yeah, school. I forgot about that." She said sheepishly, her parents laughed and I just kissed her cheek once again.

"That's alright, Angel. With what happened to you, I don't blame you." I said, her parents looked at us with awe.

"That's just precious, don't you think so hunny?" Alisha said to her husband, Layla looked at her parents and let out her cute little giggle.

"Mom, Dad, stop that. It's embarassing." She said reaching out for my hand, I smiles and held her hand in mine caressing it with my thumb.

Then we heard a knock on the door, Scott stood up and walked over the door and opened it revealing our friends and Drake. Brooklym immediately squealed and pushed Scott out of the way and ran to Layla wrapping her arms around her. Layla let go of my hand to hug Brooklyn back. Drake entered the room followed by our friends.

"Oh Bubbles, I was worried sick. Are you okay? Did you break any bones? If you did, I will so kill Ames for not taking care of you properly." Brooklyn said throwing a glare at me. I raised my arms in surrender and then noticed Scott and Alisha were just looking at us.

I shot Drake a look gesturing to them and he looked confused and then realisation hit him.

"Right, I forgot. Aunt Alisha, Uncle Scott, these are our friends." Drake said introducing each of our friends, we were quite the crowd.

"Ah right, Layla has told us a lot about you guys." Alisha said giving everyone a bright smile. I looked down at my angel to see her smiling at the sight.

"What are you smiling about, Angel?" I poked her, she looked up at me and her smile widened.

"Nothing, I just like seeing everyone getting along." She said leaning her head on my arm as I was now standing up.

"You're literally a fallen angel, Layla." I said, she lifted her head and looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked tilting her head to the side.

"I mean that you're truly perfect, I love you so much. I don't know how you did it, but you made me soft." I said, she giggled and took my hand in her's once again.

"You're my softie, I'm glad that you changed your ways, Jamie. I can see that people like the newly improved Jamie." She said, I chuckled and shook my head.

"You're the cause of the change, you made me a new person." I told her with pure sincerity, without this girl I don't know what I'd do, she's my everything and I don't ever want to lose this girl.

"I love you, Jamie." She said, I smiled and brought my lipsdown to her's giving her a quick peck as her parents were in the room with us.

Our moment was cut short by Brooklyn, of course.

"Perfect, now send to everyone." She said doing something on her phone, I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket and opened our groupchat to see a picture of Layla and I when we kissed just a minute ago.

Gosh danggit, Brooklyn.

********************************

Okay, I know I haven't updated in forever. I have an acceptable excuse, I promise. We're moving and a lot of stuff is going on with all the packing and stuff, I really hope you guys didn't lose hope on this book.