Chapter 19: Officially His

Layla's POV: 

I felt my eyes widen as Jamie's lips crashed onto mine. His lips were really soft and gentle. I felt my eyes flutter close and let my lips take control. He wrapped his arms around my waist as mine went around his neck. I felt him smile into the kiss and he pulled me closer to him. I felt the butterflies in my stomach flutter, and I just melted in his arms. 

When we finally pulled away from each other, I saw that his lips were kinda swollen. I giggled and touched his lips. He chuckled and brushed some of the hair that fell out from my ponytail. 

"I really like you, Layla." He said with adoration in his eyes, I smiled and reached up and pecked his cheek.

"And I like you too, Jamie." I said, he smiled at me and pulled me to his chest. 

"Can I ask you something, Angel?" He asked, I looked up at him and nodded my head.

"Will you be my girlfriend? I know that I'm not much, but I really like you. I'm willing to change all of my ways for you, Layla. I'm willing to tell you everything that I still have yet to tell you." He said, my eyes widened at his question. His girlfriend? Drake told me about girlfriends and boyfriends, he said that Jamie and I act like it already. Am I good enough though?

"Are you sure you want to be with someone like me, Jamie? I'm not like those other girls you've been with, I'm not pretty like them." I said

"Angel, you're nothing like those girls because you're extremely special. You're different from them and that's what attracts me to you, and your innocence makes me want to change for the good." He said, I smiled and decided on my answer.

"Yes, Jamie. I'll be your girlfriend." I said, his whole face brightened and he cheered and lifted me in his arms spinning me around making me erupt into giggles.

"You have no idea how happy you made me, Angel." He said as he placed me down on my own feet. 

"Now can we please go to the cafeteria? I'm hungry." I pouted, he laughed and intertwined our fingers.

"You're adorable." He said and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you, now let's go! I'm hungry." I whined, then I got an idea.

"Jamie" 

"Yes, Angel?" He asked

"Can you give me a piggy back ride?" I asked him, he chuckled and nodded his head.

"Of course, Angel." He said, he stood in front of me and bent down. I smiled and got on his back, he grabbed onto my thighs and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Now, let's go." He said, he walked to the cafeteria and when he walked in everyone stared again. I buried my face in his neck and he walked over to our usual table where the guys were. Jamie carefully placed me on my feet and sat down before pulling me on his lap. 

"Okay, what's up? You guys are extra sweet today." Blake asked, I smiled and rested my chin on my palm thinking of Jamie and I's kiss earlier.

"I finally asked her to be my girlfriend." He said with a big smile. 

"ALREADY?!" They all exclaimed, I giggled and Jamie wrapped his arms around my stomach.

"Yeah, she likes me and I like her." He said snuggling his head in my side. 

"Great, now I'm going to be seeing a lot of this." Drake said, I laughed and looked at Dylan.

"Can you buy me food, Dyl? I'm hungry." I asked, he smiled and nodded his head.

"Sure, you're coming with me." He said to Warren who groaned in response. They both got up and walked away.

"So how did this happen?" Andrew asked 

"Well she had a little run in with Isabella who said that I was her's. I was in the restroom so I wasn't able to stand up to that bi- I mean witch. Thankfully, Brooklyn was there and stood up for Layla. Layla being Layla thought that Isabella was my girlfriend, and so I explained to her and kissed her." Jamie smiled

"You kissed her?!" Drake exclaimed, I felt my cheeks redden and Jamie reached up and kissed my cheek.

"Yes, I kissed her. Best kiss of my entire life." He said making my cheeks redden even more, if that's even possible. 

"This is gonna be torture, when you guys weren't even together you were already sweet and stuff. Now that you're together for real, it's gonna be worse." Ben groaned, I laughed again and shook my head.

"You guys are so silly." I said, Dylan and Warren came back with a tray of food and passed it to me.

"There you go, Lay. Now eat up." Warren said, I smiled and thanked them. I took a bite of the mozzarella stick and turned to give Jamie some. He smiled and took a bite out of it.

"Wow, that's actually really good." He said, I smiled and continued to eat my food. 

"I am so not okay with this." Drake groaned

"Oh cheer up, Drake. She's 16, almost 17. She ought to have a boyfriend by now, just be glad it's me and not some sicko." Jamie said, Drake rolled his eyes.

"I know I approved of you dating my cousin, but please when you're at our house don't be so lovey dovey or else I'm gonna throw up and kick you out of our house." He said

"Drakey, you're not kicking anyone out of the house." I said, he looked at me and gave me a sheepish smile.

"You're growing up too fast, Lay. Why can't you just stay a little kid?" He pouted, I laughed a bit and got off Jamie's lap to give my cousin a hug.

"Don't worry, Drakey. I'm still the same Layla, I just have a boyfriend now. Who knew that I would actually have a boyfriend?" I giggled, he wrapped his arms around me tightly and sighed.

"I know, Lay. If Ames hurts you, I'm beating him up." He said, I pulled away form him and shot him a glare. 

"You're not gonna beat anyone up, Drakey. Jamie's a good guy, he won't hurt me. At least not intentionally." I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, I'm good now. I won't hurt her, she's too special." Jamie said, I turned to him and kissed his cheek. I turned my attention back on Drake who was looking kind of hesitant.

"Alright, fine. Take care of my cousin, Ames. Remember what we talked about before." He said giving Jamie a sharp look. 

"Yes, I remember. I won't hurt her, I won't let anyone else hurt her. I'll protect her with every ounce of my being." Jamie said, which of course made me swoon. 

"I think I'm gonna throw up." Justin said jokingly and we all just laughed at him.

************************

Yay or Nah? Is it good? I think it was alright, but a little boring, don't you think? Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed it though. I love you all!! 

Word count: 1201