Chapter 15: Vending Machine

Layla's POV:

"Guys, I'm capable of showering. You guys don't need to worry, I'm a big girl. I can do it on my own." I assured the guys, they were all worried that I might slip and fall and hit my head again while I'm in the shower.

"We know you are, Lay, but could you please be careful." Drake said, I giggled and nodded my head.

"I'll be fine." I said, Jamie waked towards me and kissed my forehead.

"You be careful, alright?" He said

"Jamie, I'm just gonna shower there's no danger whatsoever." I said, he sighed and nodded his head.

"I know, Angel. Just please don't slip and fall." He said, I nodded my head and reached up to kiss his cheek. He smiled and I walked away from them and gathered my clothes. I opened the door to the bathroom and walked in. I closed the door behind me and I looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed when I saw that I looked like a zombie. I stripped out of my clothes and hopped in the shower.

*After her shower*

"See, I'm alright. There was literally nothing to worry about." I said while walking out of the bathroom and drying my hair with a towel.

"Thank god, what took you so long?" Drake asked and I just giggled.

"Drakey, I had to look somewhat like a human. When I entered the bathroom and I saw myself in the mirror, I almost scared myself. I looked like a zombie." I said, Jamie walked towards me and kissed my forehead.

"A really cute zombie." He said, I giggled and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"You're so sweet, Jamie." I said, I felt him chuckle and wrap his arms around me.

"For you, Angel? Always." He said, we pulled away and his arm remained around my waist.

"The nurse already gave us your medicine, so we can head out now." He said, I smiled and nodded my head.

"Well c'mon! I wanna go home!" I squealed, everyone laughed and I grabbed Jamie's arm and dragged him outside of the room. I stopped when I realised that I didn't know where to go. I turned to face Jamie and I gave him a sheepish smile.

"Where exactly do we go?" I asked, he chuckled and intertwined our fingers. I like holding Jamie's hand, it was so soft yet rough at the same time. It was pretty big compared to mine, yet it seemed to fit perfectly in mine. His hand brought warmth to my entire body, and I began to swing our hands like I did when we first met.

"C'mon, Angel." He said, I looked behind us and I didn't see the guys.

"Jamie, where are the guys?" I asked him, he looked behind and then at me.

"I guess they either went ahead or they're still in the room fixing some stuff." He said and we got in the elevator. As the elevator descended, I felt my head spin. I leaned into Jamie and he let my hand go and his arm went around my waist securing me. Once the elevator stopped, we got out and I saw a lot of people either crying or screaming at a doctor. I frowned and looked up at Jamie as we walked outside. 

"Jamie, why are those people crying and screaming at the doctors?" I asked him, he turned back and then looked at me.

"Well Angel, it's either they lost a loved one or the one they love are really sick and badly hurt. They're screaming at the doctor probably because of something he said that they didn't want to hear." He explained

"Oh okay, that's sad." I said and he nodded his head agreeing with me. We got to his car and I looked around for any signs of the guys. 

"Jamie, I'm getting worried. Can you call one of them and asked them where they are?" I asked him as we both got in the car. 

"Yeah sure." He said and pulled out his phone. 

"Justin, where the hell are you guys? Layla and I are already in the car." He said

"What?" 

"Are you serious?" 

"You guys are seriously idiots." 

"Just get here, Layla's really eager to go home and I don't want her to wait. Make it quick." He said and ended the call.

"What did he say? Are they okay?" I asked him, he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Apparently, Dylan and Blake saw a vending machine and they all decided to get some snacks." He said, I gasped and pouted.

"Hey, how come I wasn't informed? I want snacks too." I said, I heard him laugh and he grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers once again.

"I'll buy you all the snacks you want, Angel. Just not now." He said, I sighed and nodded my head. A few minutes later, I saw the guys walk out of the hospital with snacks in their arms. 

I rolled down my window as Andrew knocked on it, "Here you go, Layla. Drake told me you like Crunch." Andrew said and gave me two bars of Crunch. I smiled and took it from him, stuck my head out the window and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, Andrew." I said, he smiled back and nodded his head. 

"Yeah, now c'mon. Whoever's riding with me, get in, and those not, go with Drake." Jamie said, I turned to him and saw a frown on his face. I cocked my head to the side and just looked at him. I guess he noticed me looking at him because he turned to me and gave me a questioning look.

"Why are you sad, Jamie? Aren't you happy that I'm finally going home?" I asked him

"I am happy, Angel. I just saw something that I didn't want to see." He said, I brought my hands  up to his lips and tugged the corner of his lips into a smile.

"You look way better when you're smiling, Jamie. Don't frown." I said, he grabbed my hands and his lips curled into a real smile.

"Thank you, Angel. You're just too adorable." He said and squished my cheeks which made me erupt into giggles.

"Jamie" I whined

"Ugh, I thought we were going home not watching a Chick Flick." I heard Justin say, I could hear the playfulness in his tone so I didn't pay any mind to it.

"Shut up, Justin." Jamie replied, I leaned back in my seat and Jamie started the car. He laced our fingers together and he drove off. 

*************************

Alright, so just so you know the titles of the chapters are just really random. I just pick a random scene and name it after that, hahahahaha. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry if the wait was kinda longer than usual. I'm currently writing two books and it ain't easy. I hope you guys understand. Love you guys! 

Word count: 1167