Chapter 26: Taking Care Of Layla (1)

Jameson's POV:

I managed to untangle myself from Layla to help Drake with dinner while the guys stayed with Layla. Why didn't I just stay with Layla may you ask, well because I at least had to do something productive while I'm here. I'm already staying at their place, so it's the least I could do. 

"I think that we should make chicken soup for Layla. I know that she likes soup when she's sick." Drake said, I looked up from the fridge and gave him a thumbs up.

*After dinner* 

The guys and I finished eating dinner and Layla was still fast asleep. The guys volunteered to clean up while I go up to Layla. I walked in Layla's room to see that she's almost gonna fall off the bed. Drake did say that she tends to roll over when she sleeps. I chuckled and I walked over to her fixing her position and then got in beside her. 

"Hmmm, Jamie is that you?" She mumbled not bothering to open her eyes. I smiled and rubbed her cheek with my thumb.

"Yes, Angel. It's me, do you want to eat? Are you hungry?" I asked her, she opened her eyes and gave me a tired smile.

"Hey Baby, I'm not hungry. I just wanna snuggle, you're like a big teddy bear." She said wrapping her arms around my torso and then got on top of me. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her. 

She snuggled her head in my neck and mumbled, "You're so warm, Jamie." 

"Thank you, Angel. Are you still sleepy?" I asked her with a chuckle

"Not really, but I just really want to snuggle." She said

"Then that's what we'll do, do you want me to put on a movie?" I asked her 

"Yeah sure." She mumbled and buried her head in my neck.

"Okay, Angel." I said, I grabbed the remote from her desk and turned on the TV putting on Netflix.

"What do you want to watch, Angel?" I asked her

"I don't know, Jamie. Just put on a random movie, it doesn't really matter. I'm not gonna watch anyway." She said, I smiled and shook my head.

"Alright Alright." I said, I looked through the variety of movies and finally decided on The Princess Diaries, I know that Layla would like this.

"Do I hear Princess Diaries?" She asked snapping her head in the direction of the TV. I laughed and nodded my head.

"Yeah, Drake mentioned that you liked this movie." I said, she smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, I really do! This is my favourite movie." She exclaimed, she got off me but instead got in beside me. Her arms remained wrapped around my torso but her attention shifted to the movie.

"I want a kitty like that." She pouted, I looked down at her and gave her a confused look.

"What do you really want? A kitty or a puppy?" I asked her, she thought about it for a while with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't know, Jamie. They're both cute, but I think I prefer a kitty. Dogs are really cute and all, but kitties are just super cuddly and stuff. I know they say that about dogs, but why can't kitties be the same, that's just really stupid. I mean, they're both furry animals, they can both be cuddly. It's just that kitties like to scratch and stuff, but dogs bark and bite, and-" I cut her off by covering her mouth.

"Angel, you're rambling." I said, I took my hand away and she gave me a sheepish grin.

"Right, sorry." She mumbled

"Don't worry about it, I find it cute." I said, her cheeks tinted a shade of pink and she hid her face in my neck.

"Jamie, don't do that." She said, but it came out muffled.

"Do what, Angel?" I asked

"Make me blush." She said, I laughed and pulled her away from me. I cupped her cheek and looked into her eye.

"I like making you blush, Angel. It makes you look cuter than ever." I said, I leaned in to kiss her but she pushed me away.

"Jamie, I don't want to get you sick." She said, and as if on cue, she sneezed and sneezed, and sneezed, and sneezed. I quickly sat up and grabbed a tissue and wiped her nose.

"My poor baby." I said and cupped her cheek rubbing her cheekbone with my thumb. She smiled at me and grabbed another tissue to wipe her nose.

"I don't like being sick." She pouted and I immediately felt guilty again.

"I'm so sorry, Angel. I promise that I'll be here, I won't leave you alone until you're all better." I said, she frowned and placed her hand on mine which was on her cheek.

"Jamie, it's not your fault. You forgot and it's alright, I'm not gonna die just because of coughs and colds, I'm gonna be fine." She assured me, I sighed and nodded my head.

"I know you'll be here, Jamie. I don't doubt that, but you need time for yourself as well, baby." She said, I looked at her and and gave her a smile.

"You're the best girlfriend a guy could ever ask for, I'm so glad I met you again." I said, oh shit.

"Huh? Jamie, what do you mean?" She asked 

"I meant like in the hallway, when we made eye contact for the first time. That was like a kind of first meeting and then the incident in the hallway happened and I met you again. Yeah, that's what I mean." I explained, she looked iffy but she nodded her head and gave me a smile.

"Oh okay, well I'm really glad that I'm your girlfriend. You're my first boyfriend, first crush, first guy I liked, and my first kiss. I don't see myself doing these things with any other guy, only you Jamie." She said, I mentally awed in my head and practically swooned. Yes, me, a guy, swooned because of a statement my girl said.

"Me either, Angel. I regret not saving myself for you, I shouldn't have done those things with those girls, I regret it so much." I said

It's true, I hate myself for it. I could've been with just one girl, but no I just had to be such a dick and fuck around. It's probably one of the biggest mistakes I've ever done. I should've saved myself for Layla, I was so stupid. 

"I'm kinda upset about that, but that doesn't matter now. You're mine now, and only mine." She said, I gaped at her and felt my insides melt. How did I get so lucky to have this girl as my girlfriend?

"You're so perfect, Layla." I said, I leaned in and kissed her not even caring that she was sick. I felt her smile and kiss back. We then pulled away and I gave her a smile and kissed her nose.

"You're the one girl for me, Layla Emerson, no one else comes close to you. You're my girl and nothing can change that." I said, she blushed a deep red and hid her face in the crook of my neck.

"You're too sweet, Jamie, I just might fall in love with you." She said but then whispered the last part making me freeze.

*************************

Guyssss!! I'm sorry for the late update, but I really hope you guys like it! I just really didn't know how to end it, so yeah here it is! Thank you for 13k reads, you guys are just amazing. I can't even explain how grateful I am for you guys! Love ya! 

Word count: 1286