Chapter 8: Explanations

(A/N: Okay, so a lot of you are hating on me because of how Layla acts, well here is why. A little reminder that this is my book, and if you guys don't like it, no one's forcing you to read and you can just leave. Having to read these comments from ya'll multiple times hurts, I know I am not the best author. I write cliche stories because those stories are the ones I like to read. Now, you can continue reading.)

Jameson's POV:

"She got into a accident when she was about 12." He said

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed, he immediately covered my mouth and glared at me.

"Yeah, do me a favor and shut up." He said, I nodded my head and he put his hand away from my mouth.

"What do you mean she was in an accident?" I asked him, he just sighed and looked down at his fingers.

"My parents and I visited for a week for her birthday, back then they still lived in Minnesota. She told me that she had to go to the park to meet a friend really quick and that she'll come back right away. I asked her if she wanted me to come with her and she just said that she'd be quick and so I let her go. She didn't know but I followed her anyway, before she even reached the park she was hit by a truck, and the truck was massive.

She broke her legs and her ribs were broken as well, but that wasn't even the worst part. She was in a coma for at least a month, almost two actually. When she finally woke up from her coma, she was clueless. She didn't remember anything. She lost every single memory she had of us, she didn't remember anything. She didn't even remember the accident.

While she was in the coma, her legs began to heal and as well as her ribs, which was good. She stared asking questions and she was really shaken up because she didn't know any of us. My Aunt and Uncle had to lie to her so she wouldn't freak out. All they said that she had a pretty good fall in the stairs and shook her memory up. She doesn't remember the accident, and to this day she doesn't remember anything from before the accident." By the end of his explanation, I was practically paralyzed.

"They also said that because of her accident, when she hit her head, it's kinda like she's stuck as a child. She acts like a child but she's really a teenage girl, she can understand stuff, but not mostly. That's why her parents were always so protective of her because she's really naive and practically like a child. Layla is a really sweet girl and people tend to use that to their advantage." He added and everything made so much more sense now.

My Aubrey, my sweet sweet Aubrey got into an accident because she was supposed to see me. It's all my fault that she got into that accident. I caused the accident, it was my fault.

"The worst part is that I felt like it was entirely my fault. I should've went with her, I could've protected her, but I wasn't fast enough because she was too far ahead of me." He said as the tears started to form in his eyes.

"Trust me, dude. It isn't your fault. It's more my fault than your's." I said, he looked at me with confusion written all over his face.

"What do you mean?" He asked, I sighed and looked him in the eye.

"I was the kid that she was supposed to meet." I managed to say

"What?" He whispered out

"I was the kid. I grew up in Minnesota, and I always loved going to the park. One day, I saw this little girl and I thought that she was really cute. She was sitting on the swings giggling as she swung back and forth feeling the breeze in her hair. I guess she noticed me staring at her because she smiled at me and gave me a little wave.

She stopped swinging and walked over to me and introduced herself as Aubrey. She said that she didn't like it when people call her by her first name so she didn't bother telling me what it was. Ever since that day, we met at the park every single day. We were really close, and even at a young age, I felt really drawn to her. It felt like as if she was made for me.

Our meet ups lasted for about a year, almost two actually. My feelings for her were getting stronger and I was supposed to tell her about it, but she just stopped coming. I didn't know what happened to her, I didn't even know where she lived but I knew she was somewhere around the neighborhood. I waited for her, I waited for hours, days, weeks, and even months, but she never came. I still came everyday hoping that she would be there but then my parents told me that we were moving and so here I am.

On her last birthday that we spent with each other, I got her a ring. I begged and begged my parents to let me get it and they finally obliged. I engraved her name on it. She loved it and I was really proud of myself. To this day, I can't stop thinking about her.

She is one of the reasons why I have different girls with me. I try to get her out of my mind because I knew I wouldn't see her again, but yet she's here." I explained and he just gawked at me.

"Y-you're her friend?" He asked and I just nodded my head.

"Ames, it really isn't your fault." He said

"It isn't?" I asked and he just nodded his head and offered me a smile.

"Yeah, it isn't your fault." He said

"But she was supposed to meet me and-"

"I know, but that was her own choice to meet you. Now that I think about it, it really isn't anyone's' fault, but the driver's." He said and I agreed with him.

"You're a great guy, Ames. I can see the way you care about my cousin." He said and patted my shoulder.

"I wanted to ask you something." I said

"Go for it." He said

"I want your permission to date your cousin." I said and he just smiled.

"Of course, Ames. I know that you'll protect my cousin with all you have. You have my permission, but take it slow, alright? Remember that she doesn't really remember much of her past." He said and my smiled widened and I nodded my head.

"Also, take it slow with her, she doesn't remember your past, so to her it's like you guys just met." He added

"Yes, of course, I won't rush her into anything." I said, the door opened and we saw Layla.

"Hey guys, we baked some cookies and they're in the stove. Are you guys done talking? I miss Jamie." She pouted, I smiled at the thought that she missed me.

"We're done here, Angel." I said and stood up. Drake stood up and we both walked in, I held Layla's hand in mine and we both walked to the kitchen hand in hand.

"Like I said, you guys are touchy." Warren chuckled, Layla blushed and hid behind me. I chuckled and pulled her from behind me. Her cheek were tinted a shade of pink and she looked hella cute.

"Don't hide, Angel. You're adorable." I said and brushed the hair out of face.

"Whipped!" Justin coughed and I just glared at him while the others laughed and Layla stood there confused but still blushing.

*********************

So they're childhood best friends! I bet some of you already expected that, but hey I'm only human! Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Word count: 1261