Chapter 41: The Parents

Jameson's POV:

The doctor and nurses took Layla from us and brought her to the Emergency room while we waited in the waiting room. Drake called Layla's parents and they said that they were gonna be here when they get the next flight here. 

If I was being completely honest, I'm really nervous to meet Layla's parents. I mean c'mon, who wouldn't be? I'm meeting my girlfriend's parents and what if they don't like me and they force us to break up? 

Anyways, the doctor came to tell us that Layla was going to be okay about 30 minutes ago, and to say that I was relieved is an understatement. Layla's clumsiness is taking the best of her and I know that this is where I come in. I shouldn't have let her run off, but then again, I can't stop her, she does what she wants when she's super excited.

"Guests for Layla Emerson?" We heard a nurse say, Drake and I stood up and walked towards her.

"We're here for Layla." Drake said, the nurse gave us a kind smile and looked down at her clipboard.

"It seems that she's ready to see you, she isn't awake yet, but she's stable now." She said

"Can you show us her room?" I asked her

"Of course, this way." She said turning around, she started walking away and we followed her. She lead us to the a room and stopped in front of the door.

"Here's her room, visiting hours end at 9:00 and only one person can stay with her overnight." She told us, we both nodded our heads as she gave us a smile and walked away.

"You go ahead, I'll call her parents and tell them that she's okay." Drake said, I nodded my head and looked at the door. I took a deep breath before placing my hand on the doorknob and opened the door. I walked in and saw my Angel asleep on the hospital bed with her arm in a sling, her legs wrapped up, her head wrapped up, and her neck in a brace. 

I walked towards her and brought a chair beside her bed. I can't believe this is happening again. She's already been in the hospital 2 times since I met her, this can't keep happening. I'd do anything for me to be in the position that she's in. I held her hand and placed a kiss on it.

"I love you, Angel. Please wake up soon, your parents are gonna be here tomorrow. They're coming to see you." I said feeling the tears build up in my eyes as I stared at her beautiful face. I heard the door open again and I saw Drake walk in. He gave me a small smile and walked in closing the door behind him.

"What did her parents say?" I asked him as he sat down on the other side of Layla's bed.

"They said that they took the next flight here, they're on their way to the airport now." He said, I nodded my head and looked back at Layla. 

"You should stay the night here, I'm going to go ahead and go home in a while. I'll tell the other guys and Brooklyn about what happened." I told him, I looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

"You sure?" He asked

"Yeah, I mean what if her parents walk in and they see a stranger in their daughter's hospital room?" I told him, he chuckled and nodded his head.

"You're nervous about meeting them, aren't you?" He asked, I sighed and nodded my head. 

"Dude, you don't have anything to worry about. My aunt and uncle are very open minded people. They care about Layla very much and they care about her happiness the most, and you make Layla happy." He said

"I guess so." I said, I looked at my watch and saw that it was getting kind of late.

"Hey, I should get going, it's getting pretty late." I said, I stood up and placed a kiss on Layla's forehead.