Chapter 17: First Day Back (2)

Layla's POV: *At school*

Once Drake and I arrived at school, people started staring and whispering. What happened while I was gone? I turned to Drake and he looked down at me.

"Drakey, why are they looking at me like that?" I asked him

"I don't really know, Lay." He answered, we continued walking and when my locker came into view I saw Jamie leaning on it looking around and tapping his foot and he was holding something, but I didn't quite see what it was. His gaze landed on me and his lips tugged into a smile. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. 

"I missed you, Jamie." I said into his chest

"Gosh Ames, I feel like my cousin loves you more than me now." I heard Drake say as he caught up with me.

"Shush Drakey, I just miss Jamie." I said and pulled Jamie closer to me. We pulled away and he gave me a smile.

"Here's your surprise." He said and pulled out a bouquet from behind him. I gasped and let out an excited shriek. 

"Jamie, this is amazing!" I exclaimed and wrapped my arms around his neck

"Jamie, this is amazing!" I exclaimed and wrapped my arms around his neck. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me once again. We pulled away and I looked at the bouquet in awe. 

"Remember Angel, only one a day. We don't want you getting sick." He said, I pouted but nodded my head anyway. 

"Okay fine." I said

"Hey, why don't I get a bouquet of chocolates?" I heard Justin's voice whine as he appeared behind Drake along with the other guys.

"Hi guys!" I exclaimed and gave them all hugs and returned to Jamie's side.

"You don't get one because you're not special enough." Jamie said to Justin, Justin replied with a fake gasp and he placed his hand on his chest.

"Well" He said and flipped his imaginary hair, I giggled at his silliness and looked back at Jamie.

"Thank you for this, Jamie." I said and reached up and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"You're welcome, Angel." He said with a big smile, he looks way better when he's smiling and not with a scowl or a frown. The other guys said that he barely smiled back then, but now I'm glad that he does because he looks really handsome. 

"You guys are so sweet, I think there's ants everywhere." Gabe joked, Jamie rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Alright, put that in your locker and we'll head to class." Jamie told me

"But wouldn't it melt?" I asked him 

"I'm pretty sure it won't, our AC is pretty cold." He replied, I nodded my head and opened my locker. I placed the bouquet neatly in there and grabbed my needed books for class. 

"Here let me get that for you." He said and took my books from me.

"Like I said, there's a bunch of ants everywhere." Gabe said, Jamie glared at him and he backed down.

"Alright, we'll see you guys later. We're heading to class." Jamie said to the group and grabbed my hand lacing them together as always. While we were walking, I noticed the stares and the whispering again. I tugged at Jamie's hand and he looked down at me.

"Yes, Angel?" He asked

"Why are they staring and whispering?" I asked, he looked up and looked around at everyone. He glared at everyone and looked down at me. His eyes softened and he gave me a smile.

"Because you're very beautiful, Angel." He said, we continued our walk to class and we went to our seats. People were still staring and whisper, I finally caught on some of the words they are saying. 

"Did he really just walk in holding her hand?" 

"Isn't that the new girl?"

"How come Ames smiles when he's around her?" 

"Did you see what happened earlier? He literally gave her a bouquet of chocolates." 

"Well I for one think that they are really cute together." 

The last one made me blush and hide behind my hair. All of a sudden, Jamie pulled my chair closer to him which made me let out a little squeal. My squeal drew attention to us and I bowed my head and fiddled with my fingers. Then, Jamie slammed his hands down on the desk and glared at everyone.

"There's nothing to look at here, mind your own fucking business!" He bursted, I saw him clench his fists. Everyone went back to what they were doing and Jamie sat back down beside me. I placed my hand on his hand and gave him a little smile.

"You didn't need to do that, Jamie." I said, he turned to me and his eyes softened.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Angel. It's just that I could hear them talking about you, and I didn't like their tone so I just bursted." He said, I felt my heart soar at his words and at that moment Drake's words filled my head.

'You'll know when you feel it.' 

Is this what he meant? I looked at Jamie who was still trying to calm himself down. I leaned into him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder.

"Thank you for that, Jamie." I said and kissed his cheek. I saw his cheek tint a bit of pink, which made my cheeks heat up. Did I just make him blush? 

"Omg, is Ames blushing?" 

"Did you see that way she calmed him down?" 

"Omg, Ames is totally blushing." 

"I can totally see their wedding one day." 

I felt my cheek redden even more as I heard these comments and leaned back in my seat removing my arm from Jamie's shoulder. 

Can this get any more embarrassing? 

I brought out my notebook from my bag and began to doodle. I saw Jamie look over and I tried not paying any mind to him.

"Is that a dog?" He asked as he pointed to the little puppy on the corner of the page. I nodded my head and gave a big smile.

"Is that your favourite animal?" He asked, I quickly nodded my head.

"Yeah, I love puppies! They're so cute! And when they let out their little barks, it's so cute." I said 

I've always wanted a puppy, but Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me get one because Daddy's allergic to fur. Meaning, I can't have a puppy or a kitty. 

"I've never had one though, Daddy's allergic to fur." I pouted, he cocked his head and then something flashes through his eyes like he just got an idea. 

*************************

Alright, so this chapter's a bit short but 2 updates in a day!! Whoop whoop!! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and again sorry if it's kinda boring. I literally had no clue what to write, but I just wanted to write, so yeah love yaaaaa!! 

Word count: 1165