02 : catch up

02 : catch up, all the lost time

• is this the end?thought you'd be there through thick and thin •

is this the end?
thought you'd be there through thick and thin •

Hamgye, Korea |

"I'M SORRY, I CAN'T" He brushed the hands that was on his arms. "I'm not ready yet, Jisoo. I'm sorry." He ran passed by the array of the guest making his way to the car. "Tae! Wait!" Baekhyun who was talking with Lisa and Rosé.

"I have to go," He ran after the male as he watches that Taehyung was constantly hitting his head on the wheels. "You are hurting yourself." Baekhyun slid his hand on his forehead to prevent Taehyung from hitting himself once again. "What's the point when I'm already hurt inside."

"Why are you so welcoming him like he is part of us ?" His voice raised as all of them were in the study room. Namjoon who was having a cigar stop when Jimin was face to face with his girlfriend, Jisoo. "I had a reason." Jisoo avoided the stares as she went to the couch. "And that is," Hoseok who would usually keep quiet and listen, ask.

"2 years after the event, Taehyung was hunting down by Kai. He tried to kill his family. It stopped at least I think it stopped when I help them migrated to another country. As if it wasn't worse, I heard that all of the people associated with Baekhyun was killed. All. His parents, siblings, lover. That is all because Baekhyun had spared Taehyung 5 years ago."

"Now, I'm helping them to end Kai once and for all. Besides, I had a theory in my head when Taehyung betrayed us, betrayed Jennie. Both of their weaknesses are the same. Taehyung's weaknesses are Jennie and hers is him.  When I track down Taehyung a year ago, my theory was proven to be correct."

"That doesn't change the fact that he was the reason she fell to her death. She could have the chance to survive even with a bullet if she hadn't fell the cliff. " Yoongi was enraged, no matter how long it has been, the fact that he cares about her didn't change.

Melbourne, Australia |

"I FEEL BAD," She sighed laying her back on the hammock as the wind was passing through her making her hair a mess. "It's not like you didn't want to come, plus you really sped to the airport when you saw the news. It's hilarious actually." A soft chuckle was heard.

"Lisa..." A pause as she exhales. "How is he?" The question was stuck in her mind ever since she saw the news. He didn't smile but she saw that he was still the kind person he was. He could see that he care about his fiancee. Although it hurts. But she was still tied to him. That's the only gist of hope she had.

"One word to describe him is a poker face, dark circles, eye bags." Rosé couldn't see Lisa but she knew exactly the face she made. She was rolling her eyes and next would come to the lecture on how there would be a million fish in the water. But it was difficult especially when Jungkook was rare like a mermaid. That's what she liked to believe.

"Rosie,"

"I know, I know, there's millions of fish in the water and I should venture out more but he's--"

"Like a merman, gosh I'm sick of hearing that every time," Lisa laugh loudly as they've finished each other sentences. "Honestly, I miss Jisoo," Lisa admitted. "Wait, where's Jisoo ?" Rosie knows that Jisoo was on and off travelling to Jeju but Jeju isn't that far compare to where she was. "She's here but she's not the same, no one is."

"Oh," A faint silence as none of them had any words to utter. "D-did, did Taehyung come?" A scoff was heard and Rosé knew the answer. "Yeah, that son of the bitch came. Her father invited him though, how could her father still let him step his feet into the house. Gosh, mafia leaders are not right in their brains."

A silent from both of the side. "Maybe that's the effect from the injuries and such," Lisa scoffed again and Rosé imagined that she probably rolled her eyes again. "The moment died, Rosie. You're too late to crack a joke that it wasn't funny anymore." Rosé chuckle.

"I miss this, I miss Jennie's sarcasm." Rosie said slowly, "Hey, I have to go. It's almost sunset here. Take care." Rosie bid goodbye as she ended the call.

| Hamgye, Korea |

"HAD A FEELING that I could find you here," The voice softly called out as Taehyung looked towards his direction, Jungkook was slowly walking towards him as he sat on the hood of Taehyung's car.

"How are you ?" Taehyung was the one who asked the question first as he rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. Jungkook noticed the ring and he could still see Jennie's symbols on his earrings.

"I'm doing fine but conflicted. If only my future is on the line, I don't mind but Tzuyu's. I can't mess it up for her. That's why I let Rosé go, I wanted to let us go. But she can't and I don't blame her."

"I actually— Never mind, forget it."

"You actually what ?" Jungkook looked to his side studying Taehyung's face. Taehyung opened his mouth before closing them again. "No, forget it. It's just a dream or maybe a feeling. It isn't important." Taehyung shook his head as he ruffled with his hair.

"I have a feeling that Jennie is not dead. We watch her got shot but it's like somewhere I kinda have this thinking that maybe she survived the fall."

When it fell silent, Taehyung looked at Jungkook's face before shaking his head. "It's crazy. I'm crazy." Taehyung sigh as he closes his eyes. "Maybe I wish that she was alive that I kept dreaming that she was. My brain can't even differentiate between reality and dreams anymore."

"Actually—" Jungkook scratched his head as he adjusts his sitting position. "I have an institution that she's alive too but if we tell the others they might shout at us and say 'hey we love you guys but there's no way she'd survive.'"

"Sounds like Namjoon or Jisoo. Or both. Jisoo will give us the apologetic smile as she rubs our shoulders and Namjoon will look nervous as he says this," Taehyung imitated his friends, laughing silently to himself.

"I was imitating them both. And you are right, They'll probably react that way." Both of them laugh wholeheartedly as they watched the sunset from the cliff where Jennie fell.

" Both of them laugh wholeheartedly as they watched the sunset from the cliff where Jennie fell