03 : t e a r

03: tear me apart

•we used to walk towards the same placebut here becomes our lastwe used to talk about foreverbut now we mercilessly destroy each otheri thought we dreamed the same dreambut now the dream truly became a dream •

we used to walk towards the same place
but here becomes our last
we used to talk about forever
but now we mercilessly destroy each other
i thought we dreamed the same dream
but now the dream truly became a dream

| Hamgye, Korea |

"ARE YOU okay, babe? You pacing around is distracting me." She stopped looking through the documents and was now focusing on the man in front of her. "What are you doing, anyway?" He leapt over the table and sat on her lap. "Irene's charity event." She kissed his temples, "So what's worrying you?"

"I'm mad that Namjoon, Jisoo and even Jungkook are accepting him as if nothing happened, as if we didn't get into this mess if he didn't betray Jennie in the first place. If he—"

Seulgi kissed his clenched fists, allowing him to continue. "If he didn't drug her and had I don't know- maybe kill Kai and Jennie would be here. Jennie would be the CEO, maybe she'll travel to Paris. She'd lived." Tears started to escape his eyes as he harshly wiped them away, his enraged was greater than his sorrow.

"She would live and tell me what an idiot I am for delaying the CEO of my company, she would live and scold Yoongi for his bad habits,she would live and be proud of Namjoon and Jisoo for facing their fears but she wouldn't forget to comfort Jin even though she knows he's wrong and she would live and hit Jungkook in the head for playing with peoples' feelings and for lying to himself. She would live."

Jimin kept on bawling as his sobs become louder, causing Seulgi to hold him in her arms afraid that he might crumble if she didn't hold him. "It's okay I'm here for you," Seulgi caressed his cheek, holding him together. "Cry your heart out."

"THIS IS for you," The enveloped had her handwriting on it and he was reluctant to accept it. "I— I don't deserve it." The older man settled back in his chair, coughing now and then. "I forced Jisoo to tell me the story, so, where's your family now? In Korea ?"

"Japan sir, they didn't like the idea of being away from home and Japan was the only place that I could convince them." His head was still hanging low, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"You can bring them back, but this time we'll offer them protection. Your family will be under SilverMoon protection." The older man got up from his seat walking towards his bookshelves as he took out an album. "Your father— your father, Kim Seokhwa was my marionette. We met when he spilt coffee on me. My late father was like any other mafia father would react. He—sorry,"

Jung Ii offered a sympathetic smile at Taehyung. "It's fine, my father never really tell me anything since he die when I was young and the only stories I would hear is from my grandma."

Jung Ii cleared his throat as he showed a picture to Taehyung, "We were school buddies. My father was cruel and I admit it. He threatened to harm your father's family unless he becomes my marionette. Back then, we call it as servants or merely a puppet. It changes, I told the community to change it.

BUT YOUR father and I, we had a bond. I trusted him and he trusted me. I watch his back and he would watch mine. We were partners and I had mixed feelings when I introduce your mother to him. Your father lives change upside down and downside up when he met your mother. I was happy and worried about him at the same time.

You see, your mother was a Corona. She was married. Your father fell for a woman who was unhappy with her marriage. It didn't help that she had a child. But your father convinced us both that their love was strong enough to face any obstacle and I believed them. I stupidly believe him knowing how your mother's husband and family was.

He was my best friend and I offered him unconditional support although I don't support his behaviour— their behaviour but I helped them. His loyalty to me and his love for her had made your father in a tight position." Jung Ii pauses as he watches how Taehyung was trying to absorb all the unknown fact about his family.

"I needed him as a marionette and your mother needed him as the father, you see, she was pregnant with you when they were on the run, I had my own wife to protect. Letting your mother stay with us was a suicide mission with how my father would react. So, I help them move to Daegu, with your grandmother. Your grandmother was enraged. Your parents had a flee marriage and he came back to his hometown with a kid and a wife. We both got beaten with a slipper when we were trying to explain."Jung Ii laughs fondly at the memory.

AT THAT point, it seemed like we had nothing to worry about, but I was wrong. Your mother's husband was enraged. She had left her family, her child, everything she owned to be with your father and it didn't feed his ego. They attacked us. Your father didn't want to leave and I— I couldn't show the unfair treatment with my people. I had to bring him to the mission, you were small but it amazes me that your father managed to sneak you 2 siblings."

Jung Ii laughs than his face turns sours, "When your mother gave birth to the youngest, it was hell for him as she died of childbirth. I told him that he should leave me but he was stubborn and persistent saying how I needed him but I kept telling him that you— your family needed him more than I needed him. When he passed away that night too in our last mission, his last word was to leave his family alone as he was afraid that your mother's husband would hunt you down but I couldn't, I sent money secretly to your grandma but I know she refuses every time. She was persistent that it was my fault and I couldn't blame her."

"I—I — My grandmother never told me, she never told me about my father being a marionette, she certainly didn't tell me that she was married to someone else and left a child and a husband to be with my father." Jung Ii showed a sympathetic smile. "You see, your mother name was Han Jiyeon. Do you get it now, son?"

Taehyung felt his throat dried up even though he had been silent the whole time. If Taehyung wasn't confused before he was even more confused now. "Your mother's husband was a Han and that child was Jongin." One second the teacup that was on his hands and the next, he saw the ceramic shattered to pieces on the floor as the contents were spilt.

" One second the teacup that was on his hands and the next, he saw the ceramic shattered to pieces on the floor as the contents were spilt