45 : the catch

• fck it, i love you •

| Hamgye |

"I haven't taken a shower with you in so long," he whispered to her ears as he was pinning her against the wall. "I mean, we're saving water after all," she rests her hands around his neck pulling him close, inching their face closers— "Taehyung!" A voice calling out to them and she hid behind Taehyung as Taehyung covered both of them.

"Jungkook? Um, yeah?" He tried to hid his embarrassment. "I need to borrow a car." He said softly. "Hi, sorry, Jennie," he waved and he could see a female hand waving back to him. "Sorry," he scratches his head. "I need to go somewhere but I didn't know where you put the car keys." Taehyung simply nodded, "it's on our dresser, you can use any cars at all. There's Citroen GT, Hennessey Venom, Koenigsegg 1 one, Porsche 918 Spyder. Choose any you want."

"Thanks, I don't need too much of a fancy car, the Porsche will do." He nodded towards them and went out of the bathroom. "That reminds me, how the hell did he unlock the bathroom door?" Jennie let out a sigh looking at the bathroom door. Both of them sigh, "I don't think I can kiss you after almost being exposed to Jk." She heard Taehyung chuckled as she grabs a robe while he grabbed a towel.

Jungkook took the keys as he rushed down to the basement to the cars. "Ooh, how I miss driving." He drives towards where he knows best. He slid his hand to under the seat and remembered how Jennie always told him that she always had weapons anywhere she goes. He parked the car but went towards trunks first and open a briefcase that was full of selection knives.

He slid some of them in his suit before he slowly enters the mansion. The servants all attended to him with shock. The mansion was just like how he left it. The large family portraits that still don the entrance. His mother and her loves for plants are still clear with how they adorned the house. He sighs, walking slowly to the study. Used to be his but it was more like the head of Python's.

The servants opened the double door and let him in. He walked inside to see his brother waiting for him at the end. "Please, take a seat." He obeyed feeling rather annoyed for some reason. Maybe it's because of his hostility. "Why did you send the letter to me?" Jungkook didn't want this to last longer than it should.

"I'm here to tell you that, Python's are welcoming you back. Although legally I'm the heir, you can be our finance guy or whatever. Take any position you want." He set down the contracts on the table. He crossed his legs as a knowing smirk plastered on his face.

Jungkook studied everything in the room. Nothing seems out of order so he didn't set up a trap to kill him. He looked at his brother instead. Studying him and a hint of glimmer that shines in his eyes caught his interest. A ring. Python's traditional engagement ring. "What's the catch brother?" He tilted his head looking at him in the eye.

"Surely a marriage couldn't have you be all monk and forgiving that you're willing to let me go. You dreamt of seeing me suffer. You dream of making it happened. So tell me, what's the catch?" Jung Hyun smiled as he looked at him. "This?" He refers to the ring as he twists it on his fingers. "Wasn't even in my planned. I actually hired someone to bring your head to me but luckily someone came up to me and propose another plan for me."

He stood up walking to his desk, "at first, the insolent propose such a wild and useless plan that you can tell, they didn't even think it through. But after hearing the reason, I couldn't be more intrigued by it. I keep their promise, you are Ace, a member of Python's and surely the heir ring are still with you. And they'll give me my pay soon. See you at the company." He paused. "Be sure to see mother on your way out. She's in the gardens."

Jungkook stepped out from the study room feeling more and more confused. He passed his old bedroom and entered it to find everything was so neat. There's not even a speck of dust. He walked slowly to the gardens overseeing a pond where a woman sat near it, tossing bread crumbs to the fish. He wanted to surprise her but a twig gave it away. Upon seeing him, she hurried over and hugged him immediately, crying. "My son," she patted his back. The tears wetted his jacket.

"Hey, you look a little lost." His mind was cut in a trance when Lisa patted his arms gaining his attention. "Come on Ace, we still have a game to play!" Baekhyun cheered as he toppled the cards that Jennie had set up. Jennie soon picked up a seven queen of hearts card as she threw it across the room, landing directly straight into an apple. "Gad, that's a nice one."

"I think there's something my brother is hiding from me," Jungkook slumped back when he failed to do the same trick Jennie did. "Well, let's break into his mind then," Lisa suggested much to the shocked of the rest. "What? I'm dying for some kind of adrenaline." She smiled when Baekhyun hugged her side. "Yall, we got ourselves a terrifying member." Lisa pushed his face away when he inches them closer, "so, so drunk."

| 3 days later |

| Zakynthos, Greece |

She closes her eyes taking the cold petal roses bath in. The water was pink and it looked beautiful. She took a deep breath when she heard a knock on the door. "Miss, your skin is going to get saggy if you stay longer. It doesn't look appealing." She said behind the closed doors. "I'm going out," she slowly stood up, getting outside of the tub.

She picked up a robe, before heading out of the bathroom into a big room to herself. She sat down in front of the vanity mirrors as the maids helped brush her hair and some helped her put on makeup. Two ladies were doing her hair alone while three others were in the background getting her dress ready.

Soon it's dawn. Soon it's that time. She sighed for the nth time and she knows the ladies are going to get annoyed at her again and again. Well fck them, if she's gonna suffered hair then she might as well show how much she's suffering after all. As they did her makeup, she couldn't hide how sad she was. She tried holding the tears in but they eventually fall.

The dress was being tailored to perfectly fit her body. She sighed, she did look pretty. But she looked pretty to the one she didn't want to look pretty for. That's a shame. The crown was already set in her head and she faked a smile in the mirror. The least she can do for today. The jewellery on her neck was heavy and at any moment now the servants could enter the room and tell that they're ready for her.

 The jewellery on her neck was heavy and at any moment now the servants could enter the room and tell that they're ready for her

a/n: double update today!