49 : sacrifice

| Zakynthos, Greece |

She sits in front of the vanity mirror, looking at her reflection closely in the mirror. A bouquet was ready on the bedside and she studies the dress she wore. It made her look kind of older than she supposed to be. It was a simple white dress, god Jung Hyun had terrible taste. It makes her features buried inside. But maybe it was because she was frowning.

She sat alone, drowning in her thoughts. This is the last. He wouldn't suffer anymore because of her. He would thrive to live to his own name and be happy. Finally, be happy. She sighed. She shouldn't think about him. Not today, not now. She walks her way through the window, watching how the day was actually nice. The breeze of the wind calms her. She looked at the wall clock and realised it's almost time. Standing in front of the mirror, she practised her smile. Her parents were here after all.

"What are you doing here?" She turns facing the man that was in the mirror's reflection. "The last thing I want to do is to make you run again but I think we need to talk" she looked towards him, fuming, "well what I need is—" he sighed, "don't marry him." He shook his head,"Jungkook," he shook his head again "don't marry him." He repeated. He utters them with hints of desperation and pleadings.

"All those people out there are waiting for me, even my parents," she told him calmly. "Yes, there are. But they also want you to be happy which you're not going to be if you go through with this. Tell me I'm wrong and I'll leave." He paused. "You can't. Because it should be us out there and you know it." Her eyes look elsewhere, "it isn't that simple."

Jungkook never broke his gaze out of her, preventing himself from touching her. "It's only that simple you told me that you love me, I know it is true." Rosé walks closer to him as "it is. of course, I love you Jungkook, I've always loved you, I love you more and more every day if it's even possible to love someone that much."

"Get out of here with me right now, we can go anywhere just as long as we're together." Rosé shook her head, fighting her tears from falling. "I know you can't understand and I don't expect you to but even if I weren't with him, I couldn't be with you. Just know that not living with you is the hardest thing I've ever done." She paused taking deep breaths.

"Someday you'll find someone that won't doubt your love, won't take you for granted, someone who loves you by your side." Jungkook shook his head slowly, "I have. She's standing right in front of me." She took a deep breath, "I know, it sounds crazy but I'm doing this for you."

A knock from the door cut their trance out. "Miss? It's time. Is there something wrong? " A servant came and she seemed knew as she didn't recognise who Jungkook was. "No, he was just giving me his blessing," she took a glimpse at Jungkook before walking out of the room.

Walking down the aisle wasn't what she had imagined, 'this is for you' she chanted in her mind. Everything was for him. If only he knows it. She brushed them off and sees the familiar faces, her friends were there, dressed up and luckily their plans seems had to be ended with Jungkook trying to change her mind.

She stood at the end of the aisle, Jung Hyun next to her. It seemed like everything was going through perfectly until they heard murmurs coming from the guest, 'isn't that Python's Ace? I thought he slipped through the family's eye.' "If I can have everyone's attention please," At the pastor's words, the guest falls silent and everyone turns their attention to the wedding party.

"Thank you all for gathering here today to celebrate this wonderful couple. Before we begin... if anyone object to this union, I ask you to speak now, or forever hold your peace. If a Corona wished to speak against this union, the swords are ready."

Rosé held her breath, hoping nothing will happen. "Not now, not today please," she prayed silently. "I object." Calmly he said but the crowd gasped and whispered towards one another, "I heard she was Ace's marionette." The whispered filled through the whole church. "Very well, a duel it is." The pastor nodded to the workers as they prepared the swords. She can see from the corner of her eyes, Jennie and Jisoo ran to his mother to calm her down.

Their father just stood there silently, saying nothing at all. "Let's all gather outside for the duel to commence." Few of the guest murmured as they walked outside while she watches closely their friends surrounding Jungkook as he took off his suit. He stretches while biting his lips. 'He's nervous about this' she muttered silently.

"Ah, challenging for my bride. What will you put on the line? Empty promises?" He chuckled. Rosé watched as Jin set down a medium-sized box next to the field. "In there, there's my heir's ring. Every Python's pieces of jewellery I own, my birth certificate. Corona's certificate and lastly, a medical document for your surgery to exchange eyes with me." Loud gasps from the guest and even from both their parents. "Kookie!" His mother called out to her but he raised his hand to stop her from running towards them.

"I'm giving you everything I own, everything I won, everything! I'm willing to trade every part of me for her! I'm willing to be nothing for her! And sadly I'm willing to fight my older brother for her!" Jungkook screamed on top of his lung as he pointed at Rosé but soon regains his fighting stance. "Let the duel begin!"

Jung Hyun lunges forward first when he saw Jungkook playing on the defensive side. He blocked and dodged the attack before parrying. Both of them were on par with one another and it tears her apart seeing how he was willing to sacrifice everything. Everything for her. She closed her eyes, she couldn't bear to see it.

"Stop this instant!" A growl coming from their mom. She ran towards them when it seems like both her sons couldn't hear them. "Mrs Jeon!!" She could hear Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo running after her and so did the guys. Then she sees, Jung Hyun was being pulled back by Baekhyun and Jin while Jungkook was being pulled back by Taehyung, Jennie and Lisa. Jisoo was next to their mother.

Tears were streaming nonstop from her eyes. She went to Jung Hyun first, "you, my son, your disability doesn't make you less than an heir. The company is yours, everything is yours now. Let your brother have her." She gestured towards Rosé. She went to Jungkook next, "Even if you throw away 'Ace', throw away Python's Jungkook, you, my son" She paused, caressing his cheek. "are still Jeon Jungkook to me. You are still the same boy that treasures everything he loves dearly. So please, don't throw me away too." She cried.

Both of the Jeon brothers dropped their sword, they have never seen their mother cry before and it hurts even more that she was crying because of them. They went closer to her, hugging her as they apologised to her. "I just want my family to be like they were before, the older brother who cares for his brother and the younger brother who looks up to his brother." She cried in their arms. Jungkook stood up as he looked at Jung Hyun, handing him a handshake, "Truce?" Jung Hyun looked at their mother, look at him and look at Rosé, "truce."

"