19 : consequences

19 : consequences

• when your eyes are closingwhere do you wish you were instead? •

when your eyes are closing
where do you wish you were instead?

Tap. tap. tap. tap. Followed by an aguish screamed. "Shit! You tricked me!"— "Can you two please shut up! I need to practise my line." He screamed at two of his friends who were playing cards. "Just say what's in your heart." One of them said, "Baek! You'll play the role of my father, Tae, you'll be my brother." Jungkook said as he pointed at both of them."I don't want to be your father," Baekhyun helped clean the cards as he walks closer to Jungkook's study. "Great! You already know your lines."

Taehyung snickered loudly while Baekhyun was punching his shoulders. "Just say, father, I will not marry Tzuyu, she deserves to find love for herself. I can't bring myself to hurt her while I'm in love with Rosé." Jin suddenly entered the room with a bottle of scotch in hand. "Actor Jin has risen!" Both Taehyung and Baekhyun said simultaneously. "Jin!" Jungkook walked passed the two guys but clumsily bump the table edge. "Fcuk!" He cursed.

"Where have you been?" Jungkook finally composed himself, "Been helping Jisoo and Namjoon." He undoes the top and his sleeve buttons. "It was that bad?" Baekhyun asked emphasising the words. "Yeah, that bad. Even though I love Jisoo, I don't want them to break up. Namjoon has been my friend for years, he and Jisoo are practically families to me. The problem is that Namjoon is a person who needs security and Jisoo just wants freedom." Taehyung plopped on the couch in front of him, "I'm sure they'll come around sooner or later."

"Yes, you're right sir!" Jin patted his shoulders. "Shut up, don't tease me." Taehyung buried his face in the newspaper. "Jk, I'm your father, convince me that you're not going to marry Tzuyu." Jin picked up a pen and throw it at Jungkook's direction. "My father is usually the calm person," Jungkook loosens his tie, pulled his shirt up to his sleeve as he took a breath. "Well, the ocean has been told to be calm too on somedays." Taehyung got up from the couch with a wave while Jin rested his feet on the table.

The silence was killing him. Only the annoying ticking from the wall clock was heard. Should he repeat everything he had told his father earlier? His father seemed too relax for some reason that it scared him even more. His father starts scrambling around for paper, the clicking on the keyboard goes unnoticed. His father would usually get the secretary to do the typing works, but why did he bother doing in now especially when he's in the room?

Ah! A thought strikes him. His father was doing everything on purpose. The deafening silence, the unending clicking of the keypad. His father was trying to scare him with the silence in hopes that he backed out from his decision. His father stood up from his desk and he didn't even realise the printer was making a noise. "I'm sure you're old enough now," his father simply says.

"I've thought this through and won't regret my decision," Jungkook said confidently. "Then, you must be well aware of whatever consequences of your action. This case doesn't just affect you, yourself but it greatly harms an innocent person, Tzuyu." Jungkook clicked his tongue, he should've talked to Tzuyu first but he was too hasty and in the end, he had hurt her. God, he is a horrible person.

"Do you know why I wanted you to marry Tzuyu? Have you ever wondered why are you the heir when Jung Hyun is there? Have you ever wondered why your mother doesn't want both of you in the same room?" His voice was calm but he wasn't. The look in his eyes. It was piercing him. A sense of guilt fills the pit of his stomach. He wanted it all out. He needed a cigarette or liquor anything to get rid of the sick feeling.

He was nauseous for some reason. It felt like the room was spinning somehow. Did his father knew all this time but kept quiet for the sake of him? Did he know? Jungkook fights his will to puke and studies his father calm face, he was too calm that it was scary. Maybe he was toying with him. His father could just be saying things to guilt trip. Just like Taehyung had said, the ocean can be calm on somedays too.

Jungkook sucked in a sharp breath, relaxing his jaws and knuckles. "Does this concerns me?" Jungkook tilted his head, feigning a cocky face. He just challenged his father, a small smirk appeared on his father face but Jungkook couldn't distinguish whether it was from amusement or annoyance. Maybe a hint of anger? Maybe Jungkook was pushing his buttons when he needed to be on his father's good side to ask favours.

"Do you think I don't know that Jung Hyun is partially blind?" Thump. He was sure his father saw a slight change in his face. Was he smiling at his father words? Or was he frowning? God, he hoped that his face wasn't full of guilt. He wasn't sure what was his expression was like but he knows his skin turned pale. Fcuk! He could have handled this better if he had practice with Jennie who knew what happened. Or Jisoo who wouldn't judge him.

"Jung Hyun is partially blind?" He acted dumb. Of course, he knew. He knew it too well. His skull was fractured, his ribs were broken and his jaw was dislocated. And he was partially blind. One minute late, Jung Hyun could have been dead. Jennie helped him a lot while he was coming to his senses and he had dragged her down on the grave he dug himself.

"How long are you going to play this role? You didn't want to get married to Tzuyu, fine. But with all the troubles we're facing, did you think that I'm going to give you everything you wanted just like that?!" He was screaming at him. A first. He heard the footsteps. "Father!" That voice, Jungkook closes his eyes, he didn't want to see his brother at the moment. "Honey! What happened? Kookie?" His mother softly called out to him.

He tightly shut his eyes. His mother shouldn't call him softly and lovingly like that, he didn't deserve it. Saying sorry now won't take back Jung Hyun's health, it wouldn't fix the scars he implemented on his parents' heart. What would his friends do in this situation? What would Jin do? What would Namjoon do? What would Jennie do? What should he do? "I—I'll take the consequences." He kept his head down, he can't look at his eyes. He can't look at his brother's nor his mother.

"Look at me Ace," his voice turned calm again, Jungkook didn't bother to wipe his eyes first, he looked straight into his father's eyes. "From now on, you're banished from Python, and both the Jeon's. I'll give you 3 days to get out of this country, I don't want you near 404, near Lynx, near Crimson, near Crystalight or even near your girlfriend. Sebastian will seek you after 3 days to complete the banishment. Get out of Hamgye. Jeon Jungkook is dead to me."