29 : mission pt. 3

• ooh i'm a lion, i'm a queenno one, oohnothing can confine me, even pain •

no one, ooh
nothing can confine me,
even pain •

| West Hamgye |

Jisoo was in-charge in driving as usual, next to her was Lisa and at the back seat was Rosé. With how Jisoo and Rosé haven't talked to one another, Lisa had to be the wall between them, sending messages. "So, what's the West is famous for anyway, Lisa?" Rosé asked her.

"Umm, actually I don't know Sé." She paused and looked towards Jisoo. "What is the West famous for? The East is famous for their nightlife right?" Lisa inquired at Jisoo. "Yeah, each district has different attractions to it and different lifestyle too. The East people live during the night. They're nickname, the vampires of Hamgye. They mostly work during the night. South is the total opposite. Nights are absolutely dangerous for them to go out."

"It's like the Purge could happen during the night. West is the carefree lifestyle. The beaches are the most famous. They have resorts, usually, carnivals are held here, the circus at times too. Basically one would say this is a vacation place. But I'm not too sure why Suga would say Ace is most probably here. I think the East would be the most suitable." She huffed out a breath.

"Well, I never explained to you guys but when Ace send Khloris messages, most of them were from the West signal tower. Ace loves fun things, he might be there for all we know. That's why I'm making you guys go to each separate places." Suga explained to all of them. "What about the North then?" Jisoo ask.

"There's a possibility since he never sent from there but the road to the North is tough and we're assuming that he has no car given to him. We're just assuming though. I believe one of you can find Ace. We have too." All of them heard Yoongi sigh. "Maybe it's best if I go to the North since we can't get rid of the total possibilities that he might be there," Yoongi said again. "Nope. Absolutely nope. Suga." Jisoo interjected. "North is too dangerous to go alone. For now, we need you in the town as a backup."

"Is the tank okay?" Lisa asked when they've been driving for hours now. "Need a quick refuel and we're going to drive again." They saw a gas station and decided to stop. "Rest up, Astrape. Khloris, keep guard while I refuel the tank." Lisa said as she went out of the car. She hopes that Rosé and Jisoo will finally reconcile after months of not talking to one another.

"Do you want me to drive after this?" Rosé said in an attempt to make conversation when the deafening silence was killing her. It was hard if they only communicate through Lisa and surely Lisa was also having a hard time trying to make them be okay at one another again. "No thank you, I know the way to the West and it's better if you just rest and think what you're going to say if you meet Ace in the flesh."

Rosé knows Jisoo meant well but her words, it was as if telling her that, 'this is your fault that Jk is missing', 'if only you could help him earlier when he needed help', 'if you weren't self-centred around yourself and think that the world revolves around you, jk might be next to us.' She might be overthinking but that was what circling through her head when she saw the look Jisoo gave her.

"Are you blaming me for Ace's disappearances?" Rosé finally spoke up what was on her mind. Jisoo look from the rearview mirror, her face showed not even the slightest emotions at all. "I don't know, aren't you blaming yourself?" Bam! It was as if she had dropped the bomb in her mouth. Her rhetorical answers gave her even more questions. Should she blame herself for Jungkook's disappearance?

"Sorry, I went to the lavatory earlier." Lisa came in and questioned the heavy air surrounded them. She sighed in her mind. In her mind, she kept asking herself, "what the f did I miss?". "Okay, let's go before it gets really dark." Jisoo nodded while Rosé throws herself back in the backseat, looking out if the windows for comfort.

First, they went to the beach, next they went to the carnival that had set up in the town. They asked around at people's in the resort in case he had checked in but to no avail, nothing. They split up and ask around but no one had heard anyone calling the name, 'Ace' in the town. It really seemed like he was there only in the shadows. All of them were starting to lose hope. They started driving back and decided to stop at a pitstop located outskirts of town. At the intersection between all of the districts.

The beach was still visible there and there's a local diner. Rosé entered in hopes for any clues at all. "Sir, hi, excuse me. Do you perhaps have saw him here recently?" She took out a picture of Jungkook and show it to him. The man looked at the picture longer than she had expected, "well ain't he looked nice and clean here." He chuckled. "You've seen him?" She was starting to believe that Jungkook was near them. "Yeah, the name was Ace eh? Drop by few times and drank lots. Hair messy, face was bruised. Messy kid."

"Do you perhaps know where he is now?" She hopes the look in her eyes were telling him that she was desperate. She was desperate to see him again. She was desperate for him to return. She was desperate to let the 'guilt' surrounds her go. Utterly desperate. "Nah, sorry kid, ain't talk that much. The kid drink then fight nothing really good about it." The man continued to tend the bar for the locals. Rosé thanked him before going back to walk at the beach.

The waves was calming her in a way no one else can. But it was the calm before the storm, she felt her hair was being grabbed by someone. "Ah!" The force that pulled her back was strong. "Ya lookin' for Ace eh? Ace's girl? We might have a problem with ya" It was a group of men that had knives with them. "Ya gonna take us to Ace." One of the men pointed a knife at her throat, she gulped in fear. Suddenly she heard gunshots, "sorry, but you're gonna have to let her go or else." A man voice but she couldn't see it clearly.

a/n : yesterday i did spring cleaning and threw everything that i didnt need anymore

a/n : yesterday i did spring cleaning and threw everything that i didnt need anymore. honestly it feels like a fresh of breath air. double updates for the celebration of 1K votes!! thank you guys!!