43 : our future

• and at last i see the light,and  it's like the sky is new •

and at last i see the light,
and  it's like the sky is new •

"Should I be worried again with this blindfolds?" She asked chuckling while he was next to her, driving towards an unknown destination. "Nope don't worry, you're wearing a pretty dress." even though she was blindfolded, she went to pinched his thighs. "You did your hair, and you look great."

"That doesn't make any sense at all." She laughed again. She felt the car halt to a stop, she felt him guiding her carefully to somewhere he had planned. "Tae, should I carry a gun today? or perhaps a dagger." He laughs again. "I think you, unarmed would be better." He slid the blindfold off and she slowly opened her eyes to adjust to the surroundings.

It was the playground where they first met. "You know this is St. Athena's Dormitory right?" She chuckled but still admired the lights, candles and flowers that adorned the playground. "The students are having a break so it's empty and the headmaster was kind enough to let me borrow the public playground." She chuckled. "It does bring back memories."

He took her hands in his, rubbing circles something that he usually does whenever he feels anxious. "I've been thinking about the future lately," He took a deep breath. "Our future," Jennie looks at him expectantly. "With everything that we've overcome these past months got me thinking about how much a family means to someone and I was lucky enough to have one. I would live to see the day where I would have a family of my own,"

"Jennie, you've opened my eyes... It has been a true honour to witness your strength in the face of challenge you have overcome. It's a strength that lends me courage. I know that I will be a better man for having you by my side. All I want in this world is to dedicate my life being the best man that I can be... for you. Taehyung sinks to one knee, his eyes locked on hers. There is an intensity in his gaze, something both vulnerable and passionate. He reaches out and grasps her hands.

"Jennie Kim, queen of my heart, I have yearned to say these four words for a very, very long time... Will you marry me?" He reveals the ring box tucked into his hands, opening it with an ardent smile, she looks down at the ring, the moonlight gleaming against its facets.

"Taehyung...Yes! A thousand times yes!" Taehyung carefully slips the ring onto her finger. Tears well up in her eyes as she was overwhelmed with emotions. "This ring..." She studies the ring and recognises the designs. A moon with stars. Their symbol. "I've been told it was a tradition to follow the ring as your symbol."

The wind picks up as he rises. He stared deep into her eyes for a moment, his expression utterly unreadable save for his smile, which is more brilliant than she had ever seen before. "Jennie" In a moment, she was in his arms, her feet swept off the ground as he spins her through the air. "I have never been happier than I am in this moment!" He leans in for a kiss that was both tender and thrilling. He holds her body tight against his, and she wraps her legs around him, sinking into his embrace.

After what feels like a blissful eternity, she stops for a breath. He lets you slip down to the ground and she stand in his arms, his forehead resting against hers. "Taehyung... I love you so much." He kissed her forehead, "I love you too." He paused. "When I think about everything it took to bring us to this moment... I can't help but be amazed by you. There is no one I rather have by my side. I'm certainly not about to give you up. And I cant wait to see what kind of life we're able to build together. And I have a place to show you,"

He tied back the blindfold and led her to the car, "Now, this is getting creepy yet I'm kind of turned on for some reason." He laughs wholeheartedly. She wasn't sure how far they've gone too but was excited to hear when they halt to a stop. He guided her in and warned her about stairs, corners and everything.

He opened the blindfold again and she blinks a few time, she didn't recognise the place. "Is this a house?" She asked checking around, she sees the closed gates and recognised that they were on top of a balcony. "It's a loft house." He smiled gingerly at her.

The balcony was adorned like it came out from a fairytale book. Lights adorned the place along with lighted candles, there was a medium-size canopy with pillows. "What is the surprised here?" She asked but a smile was plastered on her face. She feels his hand slides to her waist and she leaned back to his chest, "I thought a penthouse might be too stuffy when we have a family of our own. Here, they can swim and play at the backyard but that's not the best thing yet,"

He pointed towards a few houses that was in the circle of their. "Earlier this year, we all went here. Jisoo bought that house, next to her is Lisa's. Next to us is Jk's. There's Jimin's. Yoongi's. And the last house is Jin's. This whole circle is our circle." She looked around, "That is convenient that we are in a closed space of our own."

He let her go and pick up a paper lantern, "I've heard somewhere that letting this lantern go is symbolic to leave a part of us behind with the lantern while we wish for something." he paused, setting the lantern for her. "I thought this might be a great way for us to start our future." Jennie smiled at him as she took the lantern in her hands. "with this lantern, I leave behind the fear of facing any difficulties as long as I'm with you, and I wish for eternal love and peace whenever, wherever for whoever needs it."

Taehyung reaches into his pocket and pulls out a lighter, with which he ignites the lantern's candle. He holds it for a moment, silent he took her hands to let her touch the lantern too before releasing it into the sky. Both of them watch in silence as it floats off into the distance. Jennie wraps Taehyung's waist and Taehyung pulled her for a kiss and lend his shoulders for her to lean on.

 Jennie wraps Taehyung's waist and Taehyung pulled her for a kiss and lend his shoulders for her to lean on