48 : en garde

| Zakynthos, Greece |

With Vixen creating the diversion for them, it wasn't long till they arrive at their safe house. Now they needed to warn the guys. Few of them will come here while the few will stay back at Hamgye handling the company they left behind and arranging the grand masquerade engagement party for Jennie and Taehyung.

Few hours in after the hot pursuit, they heard cars coming to the safe house, Lisa and Jisoo immediately get their gears on, preparing for the worst. They had the guns ready and some booby traps they installed. "Girls?" They heard someone called out and when they came to view. They run out to the porch to greet them.

"Baek! Oh, I had so many pictures to show you!" She said excitedly when he ran to hug her. Jisoo was surprised to see Jin there instead of Namjoon but it seemed like it was already clear to her after the Paris trip. She went beside the three men and gave them all a hug.

"Where's—" Before Taehyung could ask, the roaring engines of a motorcycle was heard loud and clear as she entered the gates. "Ah, the devil herself with her grand entrance," Lisa smirked looking at Jennie. Jennie took off her helmet with a sway with her hair as she smiled looking at them. "The devil is here," she did a courtesy to them, hugging Taehyung's sides in the process.

"Rosé?" Jungkook asked breaking the waves of laughter. When he met with silence, he didn't pry more. "Let's get in, I'm hungry and we need a bath before we discuss further." Jennie pulled both Taehyung's and Jungkook's hand. The girls relaxed for a while after their mission. Lisa made hot cocoa for them as they bundled up together in the living room.

"Let's commence this meeting," Jennie said as she leans back to Taehyung's chest as they sat on the couch. The rest took their seats around the table where a map was on it. "The wedding is a traditional wedding hence a church. So, Jk this is where the bride is going to be. She's in the church before the groom comes in." Jennie pointed to the maps. "Jennie and I had already planted CCTV there so we can access them freely."

"This can go a few ways but the questions are how do we persuade stubborn, naive, gullible—" Jungkook clicked his tongue glaring at Lisa. "Yeah Lis, we get it." Lisa huffed. "I'm so going to chew her out" She crossed her arms together and Baekhyun just poked her cheeks lightly. "So here comes the persuading part, assuming that Jung Hyun follows the Corona's tradition wedding—" Jisoo paused looking at Jennie for her to continue.

"—Someone who opposed the wedding can duel with the groom for the bride. Corona's way." She paused. "No, hell no." Jin opposed looking at both Jennie and Jisoo. "We're not making Jk go through that. We can fight another way—" Jisoo looked at the man beside her, "there's no other way, only that duel can change her mind and if Jk wins, Jung Hyun will have no choice but to withdraw Rosé at all cost. Corona's rule."

"What's the duel? I can fist fight him, he's partially blind anyway." Jungkook looked at Jisoo and Jin who's arguing like their his parents. But maybe truthfully they already are. "Jennie?" He looked towards the female. "Jennie, no—" Jin told her. "It's a sword fight. Old monarch used to do that." Jennie sighed.

"Every Corona wedding will prepare two ancient swords specially made for a duel. It's either till death or till the judge said that the other party no longer can fight back. Knowing the people might be against Jk, it might be dangerous." Jin explained further.

Jennie stood up as she went through a storage room. She picked up two brooms and threw it at Jk. "En garde Ace!" She adjusts the silk robe that falls to her shoulders as Jungkook picked up the broom and face her. "I thought you would not be encouraging him!" Jin hissed at Jennie, "but you're teaching him?" Jisoo smiled, "let the duel begin!"

Jennie smiled looking at Jin, "I'm thinking of a backup too, no worries Jin." She seemed distracted and Jungkook took the initiative to lunge the broom forward only to be parry at the last second making Jungkook stumbles slightly. Jennie lunges at Jungkook, who manages to block the blow, but stumbles. Jennie swings again, this time at Jungkook's head.

"Woah, cool!" Lisa clicked her phone taking both a video and a picture. Jungkook ducks out of the way before it could him but his balance and focus was out making Jennie stretch her legs enough to make Jungkook fall. He stumbles and falls with a loud thud.   "Hey! Is that even allowed?"

"Play smart Jk, you're opponent won't give you any chance especially in a duel. En garde, Ace!" They went on for hours until Jennie was feeling rather hungry. Just before Jungkook could slump to rest, Baekhyun challenges him. And knowing how Baekhyun was, he was rather aggressive although Jennie was more agile.

"Backup plan, this is where Rosé will be tomorrow, so Jk here is where you'll go first thing tomorrow. This is plan A where you convince Rosé at any cost you can. This is solely you. So yes pressure." Jennie explained. "Hey no pressure, talk to Rosé and yeah that's the only plan. We'll crash the wedding and see how everything goes. Cars will definitely be ready."

Jin sighed as he took a sip of his champagne. "It would be nice if this brother can resolve whatever is going on and I hope there's no bloodshed." He and the rest clink their glasses together.