20 : anger

• And I could try to run, but it would be uselessYou're to blameJust one hit of you,I knew I'll never be the same •

And I could try to run,
but it would be useless
You're to blame
Just one hit of you,
I knew I'll never be the same

'Anger was.. better than tears.. better than grief.. better than guilt.' It was what she usually heard. She brushed the locks of her hair, platinum blonde. Never once in her life, she thought that she would have this hair colour but then again, never once she would think of voluntarily sitting in the same room as him.

"You're finally awake." A too-loud but unfamiliar voice said. He looked at her with a certain pair of eyes. Was it love? Or hope? Or maybe even uncertainties? She slowly tried to open her eyes, it was heavy for some reason and her body was definitely aching somewhere. How long has she had been out anyway?

Unfamiliar faces, unfamiliar voices, even the surrounding area was unfamiliar. "It's okay, you're safe with me." She looks around for any sign of other people but it seemed like they were alone. "Jennie," the man called out again, she looked up, blank face. God, that must be her name. What the hell even happened to her? "You must be hungry, I'll tell the servants to prepare a nutritious meal for you,"

It has been exactly 30 weeks since this man kept her locked up at god knows where after she made an appearance at the Louvre after so long of being stuck confined in this rabbit hole. "Is he angry at me for something?" She asked one of the daily servants who would send her meals and tea. "He's just keeping you, safe miss, I'll send the tea soon."

"The tea, miss." The servants served their usual evening tea. "How are you enjoying it here? It's better right with the summer breeze. You like it here right?" The man in front of her asked again, she simply nodded. Last month was hell for her. She had gone out behind his back when they were in Paris. She had actually kept a close eye to a certain person just cause the symbol of her ring was the same as the man's earrings.

But he had always had his eyes on her that it made it difficult for her to do anything. She feels like she's living in an elite prison for some reason. She can't go out, barely can watch the newscast for some reason and there was zero forms of technology that can be used in this confined space he kept her in.

Her memories were definitely coming back to her slowly but none of them was worth remembering. "Your father dismissed you while your servant is living in your stead currently. He was the one who harmed you. They are the enemies." Those were the words that he had told her when she came across the newscast of the confirmation the man named Taehyung had been appointed to be the heir of 404.

Some part of her didn't want to believe his words but then again, none of them had sought to find her. That just gave it away enough that they've really wanted her dead. Now, what was she supposed to do? This man named Kai told her that if she exposed herself, she might get killed again and honestly, she was lucky enough to survive whatever happened before.

She looks towards her bruised wrist, the colour was purplish-blue now, Kai had insisted that whenever they slept, he would chain himself with her. When she asked the reason, he simply shrugged it off saying that if people discovered her, they might kidnap her or something. Well, Jennie wasn't sure if he was just too paranoid or what but the looked in his eyes said otherwise, something bad must have happened to her years ago.

"Is he home?" She asked one of the servants when they shook their head, she scrambled towards the front door, "please can I read the newspapers?" She tried to put on her most pleading face and they all gave up, handed her the papers, the main story for the day was about the recent heir of SilverMoon visiting a place in the city they're staying.

It was as if a lightbulb hit her, she needs to see the man's earring clearly and perhaps ask him about it if she could, "Are you thinking of meeting him, miss?" Jennie looked towards the servant's face, studying her reaction to say the correct answer she wants to hear, but she had a gut feeling that she could be trusted for some odd reason. "Will you help me?"

It was a garden party and surely it was easy hiding behind hedges with the help of one of the servants, she wore a robe like the red riding hood, although her platinum blonde hair would stand out too much. "There! That man right," her servant, Rui pointed at the said man. He was with a tall, slender woman by his side. He was in front of her but she seemed hesitant to walk towards him.

"We should wait till he is alone, right?" Her voice quivered. She didn't like the sight one bit, but she didn't know why, why was that man important to her for some reason? She turns towards Rui, "Do you perhaps think she's his girlfriend?" Rui looked shocked but she soon bit her lips, "I heard his girlfriend went missing years ago," Rui hope that Jennie would understand what she's trying to say subtly but it was hard to convince her since Kai has brainwashed her too much.

Kai would definitely kill her if he knew. "That's...sad, but at some point, he must have moved on right?" Jennie wasn't sure if her smile was sincere or was she forcing it too much that it turns into a bitter smile instead. It seemed like the female next to him wouldn't leave him alone, and it was hard to approach him. It was almost sunset and Kai could be back home any minute now.

"Let's go Rui," She uses the hooded, "but miss, you haven't talked to him yet," Rui pulled her wrist and she winced at the pain caused by the bruises. "I don't want Kai to be angry at you, if it's only me, it's fine." Rui was about to say something but Jennie had walked ahead of her.

That night, Kai only left a message to the servants saying that he was busy. Jennie was staring out of the window when Rui entered the room. "Are you okay miss?" She sets the tea at the table, "Say Rui when I was looking at him at Paris, I felt like crying and the feeling of wanting his comfort was there and you said it was sadness, but now why does my chest tightens when I see him again?"

Rui walked closer to her, pulled her hands in hers, "Your chest doesn't tighten when you see him, it tightens when you see him with her, that is anger." Jennie looked sad at first but soon confused was plastered, "Why would I be angry that he is with another woman?" Rui just wished that she could tell the truth but knowing how Kai was, she didn't dare and would rather her remembers everything herself at least she would know how to defend herself.

" Jennie looked sad at first but soon confused was plastered, "Why would I be angry that he is with another woman?" Rui just wished that she could tell the truth but knowing how Kai was, she didn't dare and would rather her remembers everything he...

ENJOY !! A triple or perhaps more update in celebration of 'CORONA' hitting 100k reads and 5k votes!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!!! And this book almost hits 10k!! Hopefully this book will stand side by side in greatness with CORONA too.