04 : bitter reality

04 : life isn't an illusion, it's a bitter reality

• in order to release your hand right nowi gotta let you know that i need to let you gohard to say goodbyebut I can't runi'm ready to let go •

in order to release your hand right now
i gotta let you know that i need to let you go
hard to say goodbye
but I can't run
i'm ready to let go •

| XX Club , Hamgye |

"IM SO sorry that I'm bringing the luggage to you," The club entrance was empty since it was broad daylight. "No, no it's fine. I'm glad you told me. I wasn't there when he needed someone." The bouncer was about to stop them but he halted when he saw  Jungkook's face and let them passed through.

"Any idea what happened ?" Jungkook looks towards his figure drown with empty liquor bottles. "Two days ago, Jennie's father summoned him telling that Jennie left a letter for him. It was only a short, sweet letter and I accidentally read it when I was trying to get him out yesterday, but he won't budge."

When they got closer to the man, the reek smell of alcohol hit their nose, Jungkook went closer and see that he notice the letter that was tightly gripped in his palms. "Tae," Jungkook softly shook his body, checking if he was conscious or not. Groans were the only thing that he heard,

"Taehyung, come on. You need a change of scenery. Jungkook's here if you want to talk to him." Baekhyun said trying to coo him to leave the club. "What happened man, please for the second time, don't shut us out. We want to help you." Jungkook cooed softly.

"Leave me alone," He tried to push them away but he was too intoxicated to do that. "I'm taking you out of here whether you like it or not." Jungkook pulled him up and piggyback him, ignoring the protests that came out of Taehyung's mouth.

"Sir, the bills." An attendant stopped them. "Put it on my tab." Jungkook nonchalantly said. "Baek, I'm taking him back in my mansion. You can come if you want." Baekhyun checked his phone for awhile. "Actually I have errands to run. I'll leave him in your hands then," Baekhyun bid goodbye.

| Melbourne , Australia |

"I'VE DECIDED," Rosé announces as she laid back in her bed, playing with the ends of her hair. "I've decided!!" She repeated again. "Hello? I've deci—"

"What did you decided woman !" Lisa's voice rung from the other side. "Geez, I'm driving Sé," Lisa said. "Oops, sorry, I thought you were ignoring me. Anyway, I've decided to return back to Hamgye and act like I don't care about Jungkook anymore. He doesn't deserve my attention." Rosé huffed as her mouth starts mumbling.

"Are you seriously eating while talking on the phone with me ?" Lisa asked, ignoring Rosé statement. "Hey— You are ignoring my decided decision." Rosie's voice was muffling as she talked with Lisa.

"Fine. It's better if you don't really care about him rather than acting like you don't care but you still do deep inside. Plus, he had been reaching out to year for years now, to finally let you go. Why can't you just return the ring back ?" Lisa asked.

"You know why, Lis," Rosé couldn't exactly see Lisa but she knew she was rolling her eyes, mentally saying the words that she use to say to her.

"It's time to let go, Sé. You. All of us. And this isn't just about Jungkook, we have to let Jennie go too. Either we like it or not." There was an awkward silent as only the faint sound of music from Lisa's stereo.

| Jungkook's Mansion , Hamgye |

"CAN YOU make sure he doesn't escape the room ? He's in a fragile state right now and I don't want him to be wasted. I'll be back in 15 minutes." Jungkook told Tzuyu after he left Taehyung in the guest bedroom.

Tzuyu just nodded before she could say anything else, peeking at the figure who's sleeping soundly in the room. She took out spare T-shirts and towels before carefully placing it on the dresser. "J-jennie—" a mumbled was heard causing Tzuyu to stop on her tracks.

She looked towards the figure and saw that he was still unconscious, she decided to wait outside the room feeling like it would be awkward and weird for her to stay. "You okay?" Her fiancé voice caught her in a trance. "Mmh yeah, why wouldn't I be ?"

"You look a little flush, do you have a fever or something?" He rested the back of his palm on her forehead. "No— it's just that he was calling out someone's name and I feel spook for a second. I'll make him hangover soup for when he wakes up." Tzuyu excused herself as she went to the kitchen.

"HOW ARE you ?" Jungkook lay down his coat as he handed a cup of tea to Taehyung. Taehyung stares at the tea as he was reluctant to take it. "You're parched. You need something to push down the liquor." Taehyung sigh as he unclasped his hands, revealing Jennie's letter.

"I—I was the reason why Jennie died. Kai had always wanted to kill me from the start. Yet—y-yet she sacrificed herself for me." Low sobs were released from his mouth. "Dude," Jungkook sat on the bed, holding Taehyung's shoulders urging Tae to look him.

"Remember this, you choose to sacrifice yourself when you thought working with Kai would make him leave her alone. Xiumin was about to kill you with the exchange of Jennie's life. But guess what Kai did, he took Jennie captive. He is the one in the wrong. Jennie choose to jump infront of you when Kai was about to shot you. Jennie choose to sacrifice herself—"

"That's not everything, Jk. Kai and I go way back and I—" He chocked on his own words, not even his mouth can comprehend the bitter reality. In a way guilt did formed itself in his mind. The guilt that was caused by his father.

"Just remember this, Tae." Jungkook paused as he rested both of his hands on Taehyung's shoulders making the latter to look at him. Taehyung didn't even bother to wipe his tears away as he looked at the younger one's face. Jungkook had a remorse look and Taehyung could see the glistened eyes that was threatening to spill.

"Jennie wouldn't like it if you wasted the life she gave you. She sacrificed it for you in hope that you'll live to spend the rest of your lives with your love ones. It might be hard to accept this reality but how about you take this— your life as both of your own. You live your life for her."