37 : 72 hours later

| 38 hours missing |

At the moment of witnessing death or simply death itself, poets, authors, writers, and artist make it seemed like the heart is being ripped apart. As if you just lose all of your senses, as if you turn blind, you can no longer hear nor feel. Lose sense of touch was what one would usually describe the imminent death of a loved one.

Well, it was a topic that could bring arguments no matter how many times it had been debated. No matter what one says, for him... it was peaceful. He had expected the flood of memories to hit him as soon as her body went limp. But it didn't.

He had expected that he would be shaking, furious, crying, screaming. Any sorts of emotions that he can feel, know might burst, but he wasn't. It was weird, does it mean that he was leaving soon too? He hoped that it was the case.

At least that brought a smile to his face, he was with her. That was all that matter to him. They were together. What happened next would be fine as long as she was by his side and he was by her side. Together. That was one of her dreams if he had remembered clearly. She never told him the exact words but subtly, he knows what she meant.

She was no longer suffering. He was no longer suffering. Their suffering stopped. "You were my sunshine," A voice sang softly. "Don't waste your breath," Another scolded in between sobs. "my only sunshine, you made me happy when the skies were grey,"

She coughed blood, yet she still continues singing, "You never know, dear, how much I love you," her breath hitched, tears brimming from her eyes. "Please... don't take my... sunshine away," She stopped, reaching up to him, their forehead touch. "Please don't... take my sunshine—"

The singing played over and over again, "Taehyung!! Jennie!! Oh god!!" Few people were screaming yet his mind kept ringing, "You were my sunshine," Maybe he had fallen to a deep slumber, maybe the angel of death is already waiting for him. His cold hands met hers, bright lights.

| 72 hours later |

Crying. Crying was all she had heard. Over and over again. No, it doesn't actually annoy her but she was trying hard to stay strong. She needed too. If it wasn't her, who else would. "Jisoo," She felt a hand on her shoulders, "It's okay, we'll be okay," the man caressed her back softly and that was her breaking point, she cried.

She cries and cries in his arms, she cried till her voice was hoarse and she hiccuped. "Jk will be fine and Yoongi is taking care of Jimin," He paused. "You need some rest too. You haven't left the hospital since we arrived, let's get you something to eat, huh?"

She simply nodded, feeling too weak to say anything. feeling too weak to oppose his decision. Being dependent got her so used to hiding her emotions, to handle everything herself. She forgot how it felt of being taken care of. She was used to Jin's care when she was his marionette. She forgot how it made her feel once.

"I'm thinking of paying Jung Hyun a visit." Jin cracks his knuckles before he took a sip of his tea. "I was thinking about paying him a visit too." She smiled. "If J is here, we can be the three devils again," Jin added. "I like to bring that back and beat Naeun too," Jisoo added. Jin laughs, "you've gotten aggressive."

She took a bite from the dessert Jin had ordered. "The world isn't getting any kinder and they aren't repaying my kindness." She simply says as she got up. Both of them walked silently, going towards Jin's car. "Can I stay at your penthouse?" Jisoo suddenly asked. It shocked Jin, she hasn't been back at his penthouse since they broke up.

"Your penthouse is the nearest and I left my car at Lisa's. I want to visit Jungkook later." She explained. "How about you rest first, I'll pick you up after work?" He looked to the side. "Yeah, that's great too. Does hospital allow night visits tho?" He looked at her with his eyebrow rises. "Oh, I'm getting off work at 5 today. So it's not too late."

"Thanks again Jin." She walks closer to his living room. It looks the same as when she left. "You haven't taken that down?" She referred to a large portrait of them together. They both were smiling happily and Jisoo had her arms around his shoulders. "What?" He rubbed his nape and his ears went red. He was embarrassed.

"I haven't made any changes with anything really. Plus, I'm not really the type to throw everything away just because we broke up. You are still my first, foremost friend, marionette and I consider you as my family. I've made a mistake in the past, but my feelings never change." He entered his bedroom and went by her side again.

"I've put clothes on the bed, you can wash up. You can also sleep on the bed too. I don't mind. I'll pick you at 5. See you later and rest well." Jisoo waved him goodbye and went towards the outside pool. She remembered spending her days and weekend with him there. It was her favourite place in his penthouse.

It was exactly 7 when Jin came knocking on the bedroom door. "Sorry, did I disturb your sleep? You've been sleeping too soundly. I checked you up at 5 but you didn't wake up. So, you ready to visit Jk?" He asked he went towards his closet, taking a cardigan for her. "Sorry, I must've been too tired from staying awake last night."

"Jisoo, Jin." They both looked towards the voice. It was Lisa. "You here for Jk?" Jisoo asked. "Yeah, I'm with Sé tho. She went to buy something. But it's been too long. She's been too sad, it is making everyone in the room sad too." Lisa chuckled. "Jisoo? Jin?" A female voice shocked them.

"Tzuyu? I haven't seen you in a long time." Jisoo looked at the female. "Yeah, I went back home and it was pretty hard, going around when your father hires a bodyguard for you. Plus he's been baning me from trying to help you guys. I just have some message and something to talk about with Jungkook, so can I go see him first?"

"Yeah, sure. You've been helping us too Tzuyu." Jin smiled at her and ushered her to enter the room. "I'm going back, say goodbye if you see Sé for me." Lisa excused herself and went home. Tzuyu was in the room with Jk for at least 30 minutes when Rosé finally showed up. "Why aren't you guys going in?" She asked she was about to twist the doorknob and stopped when she heard the name.

"Tzuyu's in. She had things to discuss with Jk." Jisoo said briefly. "Ooh," she stopped and turned away from the door. "How's Jimin thought? I haven't visited him." Rosé told them. "He's healing, Yoongi, Baek and Hoseok are always there whenever I see him. Yoongi especially. He's slacking off at someone's room." Jin laughed. "Jungkook's brother went to see me today." Rosé paused.