One

Kayleigh POV

"Here," Tavia says handing over my blades. "You're going to need these." She says as we begin the climb down the tower of Polis.

I didn't bother stopping, just kept going as I slid them all home. I was still feeling too much when I needed to feel nothing at all.

Slashing Pikes throat didn't help the way it was suppose to. Not I'm the way it had all the times before. Maybe because his death was quick, too quick for what he had done. He didn't suffer, not really, not in the way he should've. He didn't feel Tavia's pain, not truly.

Tavia wouldn't be in pain now if you had done what needed to be done to begin with.

"We need to find Indra. Kane said-

"I know where she is." I tell her quickly.

Knew what they were doing to those that refused to take the chip.

"I didn't think you would take it."

"I don't remember taking it."

That much was true. I remembered being on Lunas rig, remember Neeva telling me to stop fighting, stop resisting.

The cloth over my face, drowning above water..

"Don't think about it- not now." Octavia says sharply. "I shouldn't have brought it up."

It was quiet between us as we made our way from the tower. After stepping outside it wasn't hard to find Indra, strapped to a wooden cross, nails driven through her skin.

"We need to be quick." I tell her taking note of all the Azgeda warriors, among the other clans that were coming back from the effects of ALIE.

"Indra." Tavia says going to her

"ALIE?"

"Gone." I tell her as I help Tavia remove first the ropes and then the nails driven into her wrists.

She stifles back a cry of pain, as I toss them aside in disgust.

"And Pike?"

"We waited until it was done." She answers shortly, as we help steady the woman on her feet.

"You cannot be here." She says looking to me. "Where is your Trikova?"

"Arkadia."

"You need to hide."

"No..I need to hunt." I tell her bluntly.

I needed an outlet. Needed to purge everything out, to release it, and looking around right now, there were so many choices.

ALIE didn't discriminate against who was able to take the key and who wasn't. To her we were all the same, all in need of saving, all of us one. Our past crimes didn't matter, not in the City of Light.

But we were in the real world now..

"Kayleigh-

"I'll find you when I'm done." I say back away from her.

Indra was too weak to try to stop me from going, and I knew Tavia understood my need, when she nodded firmly at me.

Spotting a black cloak on the ground, I stop long enough to pick it up to put it on. Pulling the hood up, I revert back to my training, disappearing from sight and melting into the shadows.

Let the hunt begin...

                    Bellamy POV