Seventy

Third Person POV

Bellamy laid on the bench, arms folded over his chest, staring blankly at the ceiling when Octavia came in.
He didn't bother looking in her direction, just laid there until she sat down a few feet from where his head laid. He sits up, just as silent, back facing her.

"Remember lily pads?" She asks after a moment turning to look at his back.

"God, you used to hate that game... jumping from table to chair to bed." She continues when he remains silent. "First one who touches the ground loses... but you never said no, and you always let me win."

Bellamy looked away from his hands, up to the ceiling once more, remembering a time when his mother and sister were all he had.

"Do you remember the last time we played? I cut my lip. I bled all over the place." She says with a short laugh.

"I was so worried someone would see it on the floor and find me, but you took care of that. You cut your own arm open so people would think it was your blood." She continues and Bellamys hand drops down subconsciously rubbing against the scar the cut left behind.

"Long way from that, to poisoning me."

"No really. No ." He finally replies, his voice rough and gritty.

Turning he finally looks back at his sister.

"I did that to save you, too, from yourself, fighting a war that could destroy the last survivable land in Earth."

"Well, you'll be happy to know that the worms are gone." She says and Bellamy looks relieved for a moment. "Clarke took them along with the usurper you tried to replace me with. She'll destroy them before Kayleigh has a chance to use them."

"And you're still ready to go to war, even though Indra has told you how many of your people would die?" He questions turning to face her. "What kind of leader does that?"

"You have no idea what you're talking about."

"Don't I? O, you turned this place into a story from your childhood. Stories I've read to my kids- I mean, The Red Queen? It's a joke," he continues when she scoffs looking away, "and I can still tell when you're scared."

"I came here to save your life." She replies indignantly. "Now, I'm not so sure I should."

"Well this should be good." He says folding his arms across his chest once more. "Just hours ago you were threatening to kill the nightbloods- including my son."

"Your children are not in danger from me." She snarls viciously, pulling herself away.

"Is Kayleigh?"

"Indra has a weakness." She continues, standing to full height, ignoring his last question. "Her shoulder never fully healed from the bullet Pike put in her. The last time you chose the wrong side in a war."

"So you came here to help me kill the woman who made you who you are." He questions looking at his sister.

"I love Indra. I do..." she says thickly, "but she's not my blood. You are. Now make her take the hammer." She says harshly. "It's too heavy to wield with one arm. That means you need to get the sword."

"Octavia, would you listen to yourself?"

"Gaia will go for the staff, and you'll worry about her after you take out Indra." She rushes to say while dropping to her knees in front of her brother. "Tell me you understand." She begs.

"I wish I did. I wish I knew what made you this way, and I wish I could have been here to take the burden off you these last six years," He says eyes brimming with emotion.