Seventy-one

Third Person POV
                    ** The bunker**

Indra stands at full height, never once turning when she hears the familiar sound of the cage opening from behind. The metal creaks to a close, and soft foot steps echo closer.

Turning she sees her daughter now standing at her side. They stare quietly at one another for a moment before Indra turns away.

"We don't have much time." She says. "After I take Bellamy's life, I'm coming for yours. When you see my guard dip, exposing my throat, you strike." She commands.

"No, Mother." Gaia says firmly. "That's not how this ends."

"Gaia we have to give them a show. You of all people, know it's not enough just to be the last. It's why Asher isn't down here with us."

"I don't care if I'm the last." She replies back before looking away. "As long as I know my Commander and the children are safe."

Indra stands staring blankly ahead, her eyes brimming with tears. "No." She says moving to stand in front of her blood daughter. "Gaia, listen to me. You kill Octavia, the guards kill you." She reminds her knowing where her thoughts were going. Before she could say more the gates opened again, this time with Bellamy coming through.

Bellamy stands a few feet away from the duo, watching as Gaia looks away to the while, while Indra doesn't remove her gaze from her daughters face.

"What happens if we don't fight?" He rasps out as Indra turns away from Gaia.

"It's been tried." She deadpans, "You get executed."

"Good," he says nodding his head. "Means she'll have to do it herself, if she can." A small part of him still clinging into that hope.

"After all of this, you think that just because you're her brother, she won't kill you?" Gaia scoffs.

"I have to."

Because if it comes down to it, I won't let her strike that blow.

"Let's hope we don't have to find out." She says moving forward.

"She might not execute you or me, but Gaia?" Indra says watching he daughter move further and further away.

"Move now." A guard calls out to Bellamy and Indra who remain behind.

"I'll kill you quickly, I promise."

Bellamy watches her move to catch up with Gaia before following into step himself.

If none of them made a move to fight, Octavia would have to come down to the pit. If Indra or Gaia made a move for a weapon- he'd have no choice but to follow.

The buzzer was the only wound that could be heard as they entered the arena. Members of Wonkru all stood around the outside of the cages, silent and still, waiting for the games that were sure to follow. The gate closing behind them echoing briefly. Only when the trio stand in the center does Octavia rise from her throne.

"We gather here today to remind ourselves what happens to the enemies of Wonkru. It doesn't matter who you are, if you choose sides against us, if you divide us, if you defy us, then you are not us. Before we give these traitors a second chance to be called... Brother," she says eyes landing on Bellamy's before moving to the other two as she spoke, "Sister, or Seda, we pay tribute to those who have died so that we might live. Omon Gon Oson."

All of me for all of you.

"Omon Gon oson." Wonkru replies back.

"Be the last." Octavia orders before sitting on her throne.