Sixty-four

Third Person POV
                  ***Shadow Valley***

There was a flurry of activity happening around outside as John wakes about taking note of everything around him.

The sound of what could only be described as a man trying to cough up a lung, had him standing still looking to see where the source of the sound was coming from.

Not that far away from where he stood he saw McCreary stagger further away from others, the cough worsened with every step he took. Not waiting for long John choose to follow after the man.

"Oh, you look horrible." John says coming up behind the man. "Better get on that treatment." He says coming to stand a few feet from him.

When McCreary stops coughing he turns a questioning look at John. "She didn't tell you." He deduces. "Oh, of course not." He says looking to the ground. "Why would she?" He asks looking back to the man. "She wants you dead- Uh."

Just as quick McCreary grabs John by the throat, pushing him up against the tree behind him.

"Explain."

"You see? I'm on your side." John reminds him. "Look. All I know is, Abby found a cure, rigged up some kind of machine to melt the crap in your lungs. My guess?" He says, his eyes never wavering. "Diyoza's choosing who lives and dies. You seem to be on the wrong list." John says as McCreary loosening his grip a bit before letting go, and looks back to the men at camp.

After a moment of silence McCreary looks back to John, hands resting on his hips.

"If what you're saying is true, you should get your friends and go, as agreed before the bloodshed starts." He looks away again for another moment before looking back once more. "If you're lying... it'll be your blood that's shed." He warns before leaving John there.

John stares after the man who'd just threatened him moments before, and angering stalks back into the hut the rest had be placed in.
Storming through the door, everyone's heads jerk up at the sudden sound. A guard walks by, barely brushing past John, who has a sour look on his. As soon as the dark skinned man is out of eye sight, a small smile forms on John's lips.

"God, your poker face sucks." Cammie spits out.

"Listen to me." John whispers leaning over the empty chair closer to Echo, so both Raven and Cammie could also hear. "Diyoza didn't tell McCreary about the cure." He states. "I just did. Bad things are about to happen here."

"Nice work, Murphy." Echo says giving the man a compliment for a change. "I'll tell Diyoza so her side is ready." She says as Raven watches on worriedly. "As soon as the fighting starts, go to work on the collars." She orders Raven and Cammie.

Echo stops briefly looking back before adding "the pilets too," before waking off from sight.

"So we're taking home a stray." John says cutting a look Ravens way. "Wonder what the Beast is going to think of this."

"Shut up, Murphy." Raven says getting up from her seat and walking over to the cot where Shaw was currently reading a book.

"Can I talk to you?" She asks once she's standing in front of him.

"Just once, I wish we could have a casual conversation." Shaw tells her without looking up from the book that held his attention.

"This isn't it." She says with a slight shrug, sitting down opposite of him.

"We're escaping." She says quietly looking back at him. "And I want you to come with us.. my friend Cammie knows how to take off the collars, and as soon as she can-