Twenty-four

Third Person POV
                    **Becca's Lab**

Clarke treated Cammies wounds upstairs, while John had "fun" with the grounder below. Her injuries all minor compared to what they could've been. The whole time she sat there seething in anger and outrage, her body shook with it. Clarke had tried talking with the seething girl, but she was having none of it, wanting revenge, and letting Clarke know she wouldn't be denied. In the end, Clarke managed to convince both Cammie and John, that Baylis's death could possibly save them. Her mother needed a test subject, to see if her theory would work. Now they had one.
Reluctantly Cammie agreed, and the three of them forcefully dragged the grounder man back to Becca's lab.
After making sure the man would be getting no where, Clarke quickly explained to her mother, what had occurred at the main house. Even after listening to the tale, Abby still had some reservations about going through with the testing at all.

As a doctor, she took an oath to protect those, to use her knowledge for good, something she had strived to do. But it wasn't just one life hanging in the balance or two, it was every human being that lived in here on the ground.

"Hey." Clarke says gently placing a hand on her mother's shoulder. "None of us like what we're doing here. Not even to someone like him." She says "But if this works, we survive. Simple as that."

Standing not to far away, John glares as the man with Cammie at his side.

"I hope he survives." He grumbles quietly to her

"Me too." Cammie replies firmly, the anger in her hazel eyes now gone as if it had never been there.

"Yeah. Then you can kill him?"

"Why would I do that?" She asks quietly. "It isn't him."

John turns sharply towards her not bothering to keep the surprise off his face, before quickly recovering. At the house she had told both him and Clarke that Baylis had tortured her and her brother Otan when they were younger, he was the reason why her two fingers were long gone, having cutting them off with a dull blade.

"It was my brother who did this.." she says holding up her gloved hand, "my older brother."

"Sunshine, who is he?" John asks his eyes cutting over to the man before looking back at her.

"Someone other than me who's going into that oven." She says determination lighting up her eyes.

John reaches down grabbing ahold of her hand, a smile gracing his face. "Now that, that's a survivor's move." He says placing a kiss to the side of her head, pulling her closer to his side.

                  ** The Caves**

Night faded with the rising dawn, and the finally stopped. Octavia had woken up sometime ago, to the feel of arms wrapped around her. For a moment she tried to pretend. Tried to imagine it was Lincoln who was there with her in the cave. But the arms around her felt wrong, skin absent of the scars he carried, his smell wasn't the same. Closing her eyes she takes a subtle breath.

"Lincoln wasn't here, he would never be." She felt a pinch in her chest, feeling as if she was betraying him, even now.

Opening her eyes once more, she pulls away from Ilian, searching for her clothes that were now scattered about.

Ilian knew she was awake, the moment she stopped breathing in favor of holding her breath. He stated silent, giving her this moment, not saying anything. It was only after she pulled away going for her clothing, that he released a quiet sigh and did the same. No words were spoken between the two.