Fifty-nine

Third Person POV

Clarke paced back and forth, listening to Diyoza as she spoke.

"I don't care how you make it happen Clarke. Kill Octavia if you have to. Bring her to me in chains, and I'll do it for you, or she can surrender herself.. But your Red Queen doesn't seem like the type."

She stops pacing long enough, looking at Bellamys back as she speaks into the radio.

"Let us worry about that."

"We have an understanding then."

"We do." She replies now looking back at Harper who's looking at her in disbelief.

"Good.. Call me back when it's done and we can work out the details of your crossing... Over and out."

"No way." Bellamy says thickly, his body visabily shaking

"Bellamy." Clarke says with a sigh moving forward.

"We are not killing my sister, Clarke." He says turning sharply on her. " I don't care how crazy she is." He says moving past her. "Run the loop." he says handing the device over to Monty. "The rovers charged. We're getting our friends." He orders, Harper and Monty moving to do as he said.

"That was reckless." Bellamy scolds her, as Monty begins to active the loop to take down the eye. "We had a plan. You agreed."

"That was before Octavia made Madi her second." She replies and they all pause to look back at her. "That army marches to war as soon as they find out the eye is down." She says meeting their eyes. "I don't care what Kayleigh says or promises. I can't let that happen."

"So we don't tell anyone?" Harper asks

"They know as soon as we drive away." Monty interjects.

"Oh, who cares?" Bellamy says shaking his head, "we grab Madi-

"Bellamy she's by Octavia's side, with Kayleigh right behind her."

"So we knock Kayleigh out, take them and we go."

"Bellamy-

"She's my sister, Clarke."

"I know." Clarke says as her eyes fill with tears. "Tell me what else to do."

"Clarke, it's not going to be just about Octavia." Harper says looking at her, "Do you really think Kayleigh's going to stand by and let you hand Octavia over- let alone kill her?"

"We stop the war." Monty says

"How?" Harper questions, turning her focus to him.

"With this." He says reaching down into his bag, pulling out a container. "Algae."

"Monty-

"Cooper already gave me permission, to see what it can do. She's meeting me before the afternoon meal." He says looking to Bellamy and Clarke who both look away. "So I can take her to the-

"That's enough." Bellamy says reaching out grabbing the container from him

"Hey give it back-

"Monty, Bellamys right." Harper calls out between them. "Cooper's worse than Octavia.. No offense." She throws in giving Bellamy a side look. "Besides," she continues as Bellamy tosses the container back to Monty, "the first batch put Murphy in a coma for almost a week. By the time it's ready to eat-

"The first culture."Monty corrects. "And we're not going to eat it this time We're going to feed it to the plants. If I can make the phone viable again, then we'll still have a chance."