Fifty-three

Third Person POV

"Look, it's been 3 hours." John says tilting his head. "Maybe this thing doesn't work underground."

"It's possible." Cammie replies,brows furrowed in concentration

"I guess caves are kind of our thing, huh?"

"Shut up, John." Cammie snaps at him. "Sit still."

"Whoa, whoa." John says jumping up and backing away from her. "No, no, no, no." He says worriedly as she pushes him back down. "Bad, bad idea."

"I said, stop moving."she says firmly, going for the collar. "If I can get into the access panel, maybe I could shut this stupid thing off."

"So much for Raven's star student, huh?" He says sarcastically, and his loose his smile at the glare she gives him. "Look, she's gonna be OK."

"At least we know she's alive." Cammie murmured looking back down. "It's honestly more than we can say for the others..What?"

"Nothing."

"I can do this." She says agitated. "I just I just need some better tools and maybe some.."

"Maybe some what?"

"Some gloves." She says thoughtfully. "There were some gloves in Becca's capsule."

"Oh, great,then only one of us gets to be electrocuted." John says snidely seeing where she was going with this, "Awesome plan."

"Come on." She says tanking him back to his feet. "We're going to the rocket."

"No, no, no." John says "Slow down, OK?" He says firmly pulling her to a stop. "If we go outside and the signal comes back online, they'll find us."

"Wrong." Cammie dead pans. "They'll find you."

"Right."

"So we better move fast." She says taking off at a run.

******
"We're you ever going to say anything about Apollo being a nightblood?" Clarke questions as soon as the kids get settled.

The pain in Kayleigh's head was back, along with the faint ringing in her ears. Her agitation was rising. She didn't want to be down here, in the bunker. Didn't want the kids here, but Monty couldn't get away from the computer in front of him, working on the eye in the sky. Kayleigh would've preferred to stay out in one of the tents Asher had secured for them, but Persephonie threw a huge tantrum, Kayleigh gave in and here they are.

Pushing her hair back, she glares at the blonde across from her. "We're you going to tell us Madi is a lost one?"

"You know what will happen if some of the other grounders knew-

"Is the same reason no one can know about him." Kayleigh says darkly. "You're a mother, as am I." Kayleigh says as her eyes flicker over to Madi who was quietly braiding braiding Persephonie's hair. "So you know I will stop at nothing to keep my son safe." She says as Bellamy walks up behind her, gently rubbing his hands up and down her arms, as a gesture to calm her.

"We're all on the same side here right?" Monty quietly questions looking towards the duo. "We need to trust each other."

"Nothing's going to happen to the kids, sweetheart." Bellamy says pressing a kiss to the top of Kayleigh's head. "Any of them." He says pointedly to Clarke letting it be known know Madi counted as one of them.

Clarke and Kayleigh regarded each other for a heart beat longer, before she nodded, in agreement.

"Is she?" Clarke asks looking at the tiny girl in question.