Five

Kayleigh POV

I'm back inside the dark room,the baby's cry echoing all around me, but he's no where in sight. Gritting my teeth against the assault of pain pulsing through me I struggle to my feet, blood dripping from between my legs.

"I'm coming." I pant out. "I'll find you."

"Kayleigh..." a voice calls out. "wake up."

"No.. I have to find him. I have to save him." I tell them when I get to the door and try to pull it open.

I can feel my heart hammering behind my chest, the taste of fear as no matter how hard I try, I can't get the door to budge. The harder I try, the softer his cries become and I know I'm running out of time.

"Kayleigh wake up!" The voice yelled out louder causing me to jump.

My eyes sprang opened, and my body jolting up right, as I gasped for air, hands going to my stomach, feeling the hard swell still there.

"It was just a dream...just a dream." I tell myself and I try to calm my racing heart. But I feel my dream fade into reality as I realize I'm back at the one place, I don't want to be.

Unbridled fury fills me when I take a look around my surroundings, not only am I back in Arkadia, but I'm locked away in the airlock chamber.

Prisoner

The baby moves under my hand as the word rings through. Carefully standing from the bed, I turn to look at the glass panel by the door and see the one person who I thought I could impeccably trust. The man who had saved me over and over again, who forced me to live because my body refused to give up.

I told him I wouldn't come back here, to this place. Fought him, even though I knew I was no match for what he was.

Asher, my shadow.. Asher the betrayer...

He stands still just on the other side, his blue green eyes following my every movement, thick arms folded across his chest.

"You..betrayed me.." I growled out angrily, my blood boiling just under the surface, remembering the moment he struck me down.

"No."

"No?" I questioned and I could feel my lips curl up into a snarl as I took slow steps toward the glass that separated us. "You swore to follow me.. you made an oath to me.. Promised me my freedom, that if I chose to leave and never return, you would help me.."

"Yes."

"I told you, I would not return to this cage." My body was no shaking uncontrollably, my breath appearing on the glass, one more step and my face would be touching it. "Unlock the door. Let. Me. Out."

Asher stands there impassively looking at me, but still makes no move to do as I say.

"I am not safe here-my son is not safe here in this place." I tell him. "Asher, you need to let me out of here."

You shouldn't have waited for him.

We told you not to trust anyone

Betrayer

He's not on your side, he's on theirs.

"Let me out of here!" I scream at him, my fist hitting the glass but it doesn't break, just holds steady. "You are putting him in more danger!" I scream once more hitting the glass again, black blood smearing against it