Sixty-eight

Third Person POV

"Look away, Madi." Clarke softly cries. "Look away."

"Kayleigh, please!"

"I love you." Clarke tells her at the same time a single shot is fired.

Clarke waits for the pain followed by death, only there is none. Looking down at herself she sees no traces of blood either.

Her body jolts when a pair of small but strong arms wrap around her tight, her neck dampening from the uncontrolled sobs of the girl currently clinging to her. It doesn't take long for Clarke to return the embracing, hugging Madi just as tightly to her.

She looks up to see Kayleigh standing in the same spot as before, hand holding the gun limply at her side.
Her eyes cold, and empty. She stares unblinking for a tense moment, before silently walking away.

** Shadow Valley **

"Nash."

"Yo?" A man answered back, closing the cab wit doors he'd just searched.

"Check everything; cracks in the floor, the mattresses," McCreary rattles off, while staring hard at Abby. "Junkies can be very resourceful." He smarts just before he's enveloped into another coughing fit.

Abby watches on, doing nothing to help her new captor. Once the coughing subsided McCreary notices something in the corner of his eyes.

"Diyoza's book." He says picking it up, and Abbys blank stare becomes worried.

She watches silently as he flips through. Page after page of battle stragedies. How to build bombs, how to disable, treasures and counter measures.

Glancing up from one of the pages his eyes meet with Abbys.

"You don't look so good, Doc."

"That makes two of us." She sneers. "Your lungs, they're— I can hear the fluid filling up in them. Yeah you're drowning." She says vindictively. "You're not even getting wet."

"Well, fix me and get your fix." He says simply

"Heh. No."

McCreary takes a step towards her when Nash grabs his attentions.

"Place is clean, boss."

"Oh." McCreary responds taking one more step, bringing him and Abby closer. "I can see the convulsions coming."

Nash began to laugh and McCreary quickly grabbed the man tanking him forward.

"Shut up and get out. Go find Diyoza." He snaps, "You two," he says gesturing to the other men in the room, "guard the door. No one gets in or out."
The three men did as they were told and once he and Abby were alone again did he speak.

"You knew, she was pregnant." He says slowly turning to see Abby nod. "It's mine." He says surprising her. "Did she tell you that?"

"No," Abby says shakily already her body was craving her next fix. "But I can see why she wouldn't brag about it-

She didn't get to finish as McCreary grabs her by her throat pushing her back against the table.

"Do it." She taunts. "Kill me like you killed the other doctor. Put us both out of our misery."

"No. I got a better idea, a contest. Your disease versus mine." He says with a small smile, shaking the bottle of pills Abby so badly wanted . "Something tells me you'll break before I die, Doc." He lets her go rattle the pills as he walks out of the room.